NEW 4 oz masons

On 12/14/2016 at 6:34 PM, moonshine said:

No when you post there is a smiley face above where you write and it has different emoticons to choose :02:

:D

Found it ??? oh no now I'll be as bad as when my 9 yr old granddaughter installed Bitmoji

on my iPhone ? You should of played dumb ??? :soapbabydance:

• 1 month later...

I finally got some 4 ouncers poured to test 

adorable little candles but now I am second guessing them as they are so little and costly ?

They look so cute next to the 8 and 16 ounces though....I may surprise myself and they sell like hot cakes once I get the wicking down.....they are so small ?

IMG_6208.JPG

• Like 4

So what do you think you will sell them for Moonshine in wholesale and retail?  I can't remember....do you do wholesale?

They are cutie patooties though...I will say that.  Are you doing a hang tag or label on the black lidd?

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

5 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

so darn cute ! which wicks /sizes are you testing ..... please repost your results !

Also while your at it asnswering questions,  which wax are you using also?   Nothing like us all asking your formula, right?  lol

Trappeur

9 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

So what do you think you will sell them for Moonshine in wholesale and retail?  I can't remember....do you do wholesale?

They are cutie patooties though...I will say that.  Are you doing a hang tag or label on the black lidd?

Trappeur

I am going to do a label on the black lids for these ones

the 8 ounce squares I use the rustic brown lids and the colored 16 ounce masons I use pewter....

I was thinking for these little ones to make a whole other line in different scents only available in this size to start and making it a country collection - need to get on Zazzle and start designing 

I do wholesale to a couple accounts but these jars I'm not sure ? 

.75 is the cost for the jar alone with shipping to me and that's ordering 5 cases at a time and for 5 cases of the 8 ounces they are .92 a jar

then I have to factor in the lid- label- wax and FO and wick and my time.....I retail the 8 ounce at 10.00 but it's been awhile since I plugged in the numbers in my spreadsheet so I am sure with shipping rates higher I need to up my price but not sure for that size jar if people will pay it....I use many expensive fo's 

That will be my first step figuring out my costs again but these little stinkers are not much cheaper than the 8 ounces 

I had in my mind 6.00 or 7.00 retail to start but not real sure 

26 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

so darn cute ! which wicks /sizes are you testing ..... please repost your results !

Starting with CD 7 and CDN 8

They are bigger than votive holders but quite smaller than the 8 ounce jar... hopefully these sizes nail it!

22 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Also while your at it asnswering questions,  which wax are you using also?   Nothing like us all asking your formula, right?  lol

Trappeur

I use 415 for my soy 

thought about trying the parasoy on these but I need to finalize my testing and wicks in the straight sided jars with parasoy first before I get to involved and accomplish nothing ? It's only been a couple years trying finalize parasoy 

I tried for the heck of it last night coloring 415 again in a straight sided jar for the first time ever and it's sooo ugly ?

I cannot color container soy successfully- the melts with PB added is getting better....a little better 

13 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I am going to do a label on the black lids for these ones

the 8 ounce squares I use the rustic brown lids and the colored 16 ounce masons I use pewter....

I was thinking for these little ones to make a whole other line in different scents only available in this size to start and making it a country collection - need to get on Zazzle and start designing 

I do wholesale to a couple accounts but these jars I'm not sure ? 

.75 is the cost for the jar alone with shipping to me and that's ordering 5 cases at a time and for 5 cases of the 8 ounces they are .92 a jar

then I have to factor in the lid- label- wax and FO and wick and my time.....I retail the 8 ounce at 10.00 but it's been awhile since I plugged in the numbers in my spreadsheet so I am sure with shipping rates higher I need to up my price but not sure for that size jar if people will pay it....I use many expensive fo's 

That will be my first step figuring out my costs again but these little stinkers are not much cheaper than the 8 ounces 

I had in my mind 6.00 or 7.00 retail to start but not real sure 

You always do such a beautiful job on your candles Moonshine.  Can't wait to see when you get some done and put up pictures....

Hate to tell you this, but if you are putting the labels on your lids the only size in the round that will fit will be the 1 1/2" (bit small).  The 3" is to big...I've tried it.  The only way that you could make the small round labels work would be for example getting a solid round color in the right size to fit that lid and then putting a Zazzle  1 1/2" label on top of the solid color round one.  Then it would look like you have a border around the Zazzle label.  I have asked Zazzle for years to get some more different sizes to offer.  Still nothing.....That is the only thing I have negative about that company...Everything else is totally awesome.

If you need help in moving around on Zazzle you know where to find me!:hello:

Trappeur

Thanks Trapp

I didn't realize that with the labels....the lid is the same size as the 8 and 16 ounces and I thought the 3" would fit ?

Glad I havent placed an order yet - back to the drawing board on that one and yes I will probably be contacting you on these ?

33 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Thanks Trapp

I didn't realize that with the labels....the lid is the same size as the 8 and 16 ounces and I thought the 3" would fit ?

Glad I havent placed an order yet - back to the drawing board on that one and yes I will probably be contacting you on these ?

Yep, the 3" is too big.  How much workable label space to you have on the jar to put the label on the jar instead of the lid?  I went to CS site and saw the measurements  on that 4oz mason jar and it says 2" x 1.25.  Is the 2" the height of the space?  I can always send you samples of some of my labels so you could try if you want.

Trappeur

No I only have about 1 1/4 inches on the jar to work with for a rectangular label ?

They are tiny I can only imagine the ones your doing! 

I migjt jusr have to stick with my labels for these 

online labels round 2.5" I her printed at a local print company 

Zazzle ones might just have to be for the straight sided jar from SKS with the black lids 

Or I guess I could look into hang tags for these but I am so bummned because I wanted to change them all and thought the 3 would work on my lids for all masons 

Edited by moonshine

I agree but if there is a market for them and they are cost effective they could be assets 

Many people like to "try" out your product and some simply get bored (like myself) wanting a fast change of Scent 

I wholesale a feed store in my town and she is so excited for the 4 ounce masons even though they won't be much cheaper than the 8 ounce so we shall see how it goes when I decide which scents I'm going to launch In them and get testing 

I have 3 scents curing right now and started burning one batch and so far so fabulous 

• Like 2

On 12/14/2016 at 8:51 PM, TallTayl said:

Ever since I saw premade candles in 2oz mason I have been on the search. Lo and behold Amazon has them now

https://www.amazon.com/Mason-Jar-Ounce-Glasses-Leak-Proof/dp/B01M7XKQZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481766483&sr=8-1&keywords=2oz+mason+jars+with+lids

ETA-false alarm those are round. The search continues!

some of my favorite sauces from a local grocer come in 12oz square Atlas jars... made a tester candle for myself and man it burns beautifully in that jar. 

Wait... I just found and posted those, what yesterday(?) in another thread. I think @moonshine was after them?  Yep, pretty sure it was her. https://www.partyfavorsource.com/Vintage-Inspired-Raised-Script-Love-Mini-Mason-Jars-ER-9769.html

So what are you looking for TT, 2 oz'ers in square? 

Lol....me too over here but they are so cute and I can't resist 

I bought this piece at hobby lobby and the Scent shots would be adorable in here....

But so would the 4 ounce masons!  I'm making more work for myself seeing I just dug into testing the 4 ouncers  ?

My other pieces at the office are the drawers with chalk on the outside so this makes a perfect addition other than I'm taking over the place with candles and moving out all the mulch displays, my husband gave me half the area and well I now have it all,  I wonder how long until he notices ?

Excuse my messy garage 

IMG_6233.JPG

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I love that style display but wish the lowest shelf was about waist height, instead of the ground. The low shelves get so filthy and overlooked in crowded areas. 

I know... I'm trying to figure out something different for the bottom- it's the deepest most storage area but hard to get to, I may just unscrew it and use it on top of another display