Still creating for the season?

Jcandleattic

I think @Candybee still has some shows until next week. Is anyone else still scrambling for the season? 

I'm done and have been done with shows and the like, however, I do still need to make some candles up for my son's girlfriend, my dog groomer, and a few other last minute gifts. I really need to stop procrastinating and get them done this weekend, or they simply are not going to get made. 

What else does everyone have going on? Anything fun/festive for the season? 

We still haven't fully decorated the house. Not sure what my problem is but I get home from work and I literally just have zero energy to put into anything and usually just sit around watching TV. I need to get out of that funk. 

Tonight I have a dentist appointment, so at least that will be something different, however unpleasant... 

I am a down to the wire kind of girl, so I'll be crafting right up until Christmas Eve! 😅

I have a request from some co-workers for bath bombs, which I loathe making, but I really like these girls so I'm going to suck it up and get that done this week. And I still have a few gifts to make as well.

I actually just got back from ac Moore, I picked up a few crafts for the kids to do this weekend, holiday sun catchers and the like, that should be fun! I have an angsty teen and two preteens, so just getting them out of their rooms is a project! 😂

I am pretty much in the same position as you...but I don't sell, but I do have about 10 girls that I want to make some candles for, but it has been a mad scramble trying to figure out the crazy soy issue...so I tried something new. And I'm doing the first burn tonight and it seems to be working great..perfect size flame and little to no "dancing" , great scent throw (after only 48hrs)...so I guess I will pour 10 candles for them, and hopefully they work as good for them!  

But, I don't have a dentist appointment. :-)

Still need to do lilac solid lotions for all the grandmothers' presents. They all think lilac is the best thing ever, so it makes it pretty simple. 

I also ordered a little bit of the tobacco fragrance oil from piping rock, the half ounce size to try it, and it smells SO BAD lol. It smells so bad it's funny. Like goodness gracious bad. Everyone who has visited since I got it and has been brave enough to sniff it (I gave them all honest warnings) was like omg?!?!?!  with looks of shocked disgust. So I ordered some really cheap melt and pour soap and bought some festive gift tissue paper from the dollar store. Going to make some gag gifts with it (the one side of my family loves gag gifts to the point that they are kind of disappointed if there are not any 'funny' gifts in the whole bunch at the annual gathering). So I will be bringing some of the lulz this year. Going to wrap them up with makeshift tags, introducing my new line of luxury soaps.. hehehe. 

But then will have all the solid lotion faves on backup as the real gifts.

I have given up.  I had huge intentions of getting some gifts made but things are just too crazy and I'm out of time.  I had surgery in October and have had a 5 lb lifting restriction that's on until the end of December.  My stock is low, my sales were down as I stopped earlier than usual this year and I'm kind of stressing a bit.  I do have my Christmas decorations up and am helping my daughter who is a teacher prepare a meal for next Thursday for 100 of her kids many of which are currently homeless or in bad situations. She teaches alternative education for at risk kids 16-22 trying to graduate high school.   That I'm excited to help with.  Cooking these days are my therapy since I haven't made soap or any other B&B things. 

I have one last show this weekend.  Not really scrambling to get product made, as we're pretty much good to go on lip balms, candles, tarts, soaps, and knit dishcloths -- unless we get a large last-minute order that goofs up our inventory.  LOL.  We just wrapped up a big session of soap packaging and candle pouring.  Got 8 batches of soap ready to go, and my assistant poured 9 batches of candle restocks on some popular scents that we were low on.  All that's left is to print out some signs for the display and we'll be ready to roll Saturday morning.

I still have one more gift to make for a friend, but it's just bath salts, so not much stress there.  LOL  Then I have two gifts to wrap  - both for the same person.  Her birthday is just before Christmas, so I'll give her both at once.  Weird, but that way I won't miss it when she's traveling for the holidays.

Now getting ready for guests?  THAT'S where I'm running behind ... big time.  My guest room is a mess and I have a guest, my mom, coming to stay in a week.  There's where I'm stressing out.  LOL   I use the guest room as a sewing room / office / and general dumping grounds for "what to do with this?"  We've just been so busy with everything else that tidying up the guest room has taken last priority.  Putting out other fires like filling orders , Christmas shopping, and the like has taken up ALL my time.  The usual holiday stuff.

J, I'd say you are tired because of the job change?  New jobs = stress = lower energy levels?  Just a guess.  That's why I get in a funk sometimes ... change.  Kinda throws you for a loop until you adjust.

Edited by Crafty1_AJ

6 minutes ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

J, I'd say you are tired because of the job change?  New jobs = stress = lower energy levels?  Just a guess.  That's why I get in a funk sometimes ... change.  Kinda throws you for a loop until you adjust.

Yes, I believe you are right and that, that is a lot of it.

And for 10 years (ish) I had half day Fridays, and would use my Friday afternoons to do most stuff needed around the house. As good as this job is, and the perks with it, that is one thing I TRULY miss. 

Also, since I've had this job (only since end of April) I've had 3 department changes, 1 big international trip that lasted 8 weeks, AND my manager who is in a different country just gave his resignation. All of which are stressors! The only ONLY good thing about his resignation, is he is in Europe, and in a managerial position where it is required by law that he give a 3 month notice, instead of how US only requires 2 weeks, (and only to be professional, it's not required by law - at least I don't think - there may be some sort of positions that require a notice) 

Anyway, I am going to put forth a huge effort to get the house completely decorated and all gifts complete and done by the end of this weekend. I simply have to no matter how low energy I am. 

Gosh, we are still producing like mad-bayberry tapers all day every day now. Looking forward to January to ease back and regroup a little. 

Still meed to make bath bombs and bubble bath for gifts. I wait til the last minute on those because I dislike making them... but once made they're great. 

Have not yet decorated a thing, and need to get hopping on Christmas shopping.eek!  All I really want to do is keep cleaning house. Purge mode is coming, I can feel it.

For once I got all my holiday scents & special packaging done ahead of time and everything stocked up so I could breathe in December.  It's hectic enough with just Christmas planning and shopping.  It only took me 20+ years to get it down to this year!

• Like 2

Scrambling is exactly the right word. Got the last fundraiser out of here and have 2 stores to deliver by the end of this week. With the change in the soy wax, I have lost most of my season, but the fragrances I have figured out, I am pouring like crazy and running specials on them. I generally spend Jan & Feb on R & D, so I'm ready to dive in.

I forced myself to make a some candle gifts last night, so I have half what I needed to do down, so this weekend I can try and finish everything up. 

The dentist appt wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be so I'm glad about that. Tonight a hair appt. so nothing getting done tonight again. 

• Like 1

Whew! All you guys sound so busy! I don't decorate much for the holidays and i downsized my Christmas tree to a 3 ft one since last year. Soooo much easier to put up and decorate. The only other thing I do is decorate my fireplace mantle where I hang the stockings. I put up christmas lights and pine boughs. Last thing I need to do is shop for Christmas dinner and I won't do that until around the end of next week. So I am pretty much done with getting ready for the holidays.

I do have 2 more holiday markets to do, one this weekend on the 16th and the last one on the 23rd. Right up there to the very last holiday shopping weekend. But I need the money so I'm doing them.

So many emergencies this year and on top of that my old cat is having health issues and the vet bills and meds add up. So I am spoiling her while I can but I think she may be seeing her last Christmas. She has health issues that require anesthesia to treat and she is too old and has a heart murmer and high BP so its out of the question for her. So we are treating what we can and making the quality of her life as best as possible for the now but my heart is broken that I can't fix her. Sigh.. So will keep cuddling and kissing her and spoiling her while I can.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 11:55 AM, Candybee said:

Whew! All you guys sound so busy! I don't decorate much for the holidays and i downsized my Christmas tree to a 3 ft one since last year. Soooo much easier to put up and decorate. The only other thing I do is decorate my fireplace mantle where I hang the stockings. I put up christmas lights and pine boughs. Last thing I need to do is shop for Christmas dinner and I won't do that until around the end of next week. So I am pretty much done with getting ready for the holidays.

I do have 2 more holiday markets to do, one this weekend on the 16th and the last one on the 23rd. Right up there to the very last holiday shopping weekend. But I need the money so I'm doing them.

So many emergencies this year and on top of that my old cat is having health issues and the vet bills and meds add up. So I am spoiling her while I can but I think she may be seeing her last Christmas. She has health issues that require anesthesia to treat and she is too old and has a heart murmer and high BP so its out of the question for her. So we are treating what we can and making the quality of her life as best as possible for the now but my heart is broken that I can't fix her. Sigh.. So will keep cuddling and kissing her and spoiling her while I can.

Oh gosh Candybee.....so sorry about your little one.  Your doing the right thing by being with her and giving all the love you have for her.  I feel so bad for you and her...I have an older cat Sox she must be 16, 17, or 18 years old.  I thought I was going to lose her the day after Bonnie died.   I'm thinking it was the medicatation she was on as she is ok now.   We just have to be there for our loved ones and know when the time is right if it should come to that to make important decisions....so we hang on as long as we can..:(

Trappeur

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, Sponiebr said:

(whimpers) I wish I was making soap... :cry2:

I DID get fed up with the whole "prison" sentence and I made some beard lotion last night for myself scented with CS' Christmas Hearth.

5a31b5ef18296_JustinWilsonsomekindagood.jpg.41452908b0a7b058165822e5d5374372.jpg

It was small, but it meant a lot to me... 

Sponiebr

Lol I just noticed this is Justin Wilson correct ? Got to be ! I used to watch his cooking show years ago with my Dad. Gosh he made some wonderful Cajun dishes :)