Washcloth or no washcloth

TexasBrat

DH and I have disagreed on whether more people use a washcloth or no washcloth in the shower. I told him I lather up my wc and then wash my body. He says more people just take the soap bar and rub it on their body. I also say some people who don't use a washcloth lather it up in their hands and the wash their body. What is the general census on this?? Post your answers please.

I think it's a man thing to lather it by rubbing on the body. Rockin does that and I think he's insane. (I may get reprimanded for saying that lol!)

I lather it in the hands and then apply. I will use a washcloth from time to time though.

Washcloths for me, my hubby and son, except when we wash our hands at the sink.

I once tried showering with just the bar of soap on my body after having read that there are some people that actually do it that way (I had never tried it before :) ), but I really didn't like it at all. It proved to be way too clumsy and awkward of a method for me to use. My washcloth gets me clean more easily and efficiently in comparison, and I just love the way my soap overflows with gobs of lovely bubbly/creamy lather when I use my washcloth.

MarieJeanette

We all pick a bar of soap and a different colored organza bag and use it like a wash cloth. Everyone knows theirs by the color of the bag. We rinse the bag after lathering and hang it on white plastic picture hooks stuck on back of shower to keep them dry. You can line up quite a few in very little space and the picture hooks have a peel off sticky back and are very cheap.

That's a great idea. Many times I will use a muslin bag.

There aren't any man around my bathroom, darnit, so there are no mystery hairs. I use the bar. I never could get used to a wash cloth. Sometimes I use shower gloves if I've been camping or something where I come home feeling especially dirty.

I use my hands to lather.. I never use washcloths - except on my face to remove masks. With my cream soaps... I'll use a pouf.

Men.. different! Both my son and hubby use the bar and rub it on their arms until it lathers, while standing under the shower stream so half washes away, mind you. Im sure my son only does it because hes seen dad do it (hes 4 and imitates EVERYTHING) but then again it could just be that because they dont MAKE the soap they are perfectly happy to waste it, lol!