What soy wax do you use, and why?

I use gb444. I purchased a 10lb bag back in Nov just to try it out. It behaved beautifully. I even posted pictures to show how creamy and smooth the tops were. No additives, poured @ 130*. Couldn't ask for anything better. That was then.... I finished my 10lbs and ordered a larger amount (from a different supplier). I knew it was different as soon as I openned the box. Ugh! Lumpy, shiney tops. Not creamy looking but very shiney. All of my wicking is off by 1 to 2 sizes. I've poured at 6 different temps and still no improvement. It's like a whole different wax. :(

Disheartening to say the least. Don't know where to go from here.

I have been using ezsoy(415) ever since it came out..That's what I sell

Have been testing CBA(Ecosoya Advanced) for my personal use and curiousness,just got through my 10lb. bag and ordered a 50lb. case, just to see if there will be any inconsistencies in the waxes.Alot of ppl say how bad the cold throw and hot throw is withthis wax..but...I haven't had any of those problems..YET! I love the look of this wax,very smooth tops..the whole shabang if it stays consistent..I ordered from the same supplier and plan to do so regularly. HTH!

Kimmeroo:cheesy2:

I use Ecoysoya PB & 135 exclusively. There isn't a lot of other choices in Canada, so it's what I started with and am very happy. I get smooth glossy votives and beautiful containers that are smooth (98% of the time) and have great adhesion to the jar. I get a good HT with a week cure time on most FO.

Kim :)

I use the Ecosoya waxes too. I love the H&C throw I get from them and the jar adhesion for the CB. Once I switched to dye chips I eliminated all the frosting issues I had been having with my liquid dyes. Now I am happy with my soy wax!

I tried C3. Liked the H&C throw from it but had terrible problems with a rough, ugly top. Didn't test it long enough to see cracking issues. Just went back to my Ecosoya because it worked for me.

Guest Candelishis

I also use GB 464. It's super easy to work with, I have almost no issues with frosting, and you can pour it at a pretty high temperature. I'm impatient! LOL. So no waiting for my wax to cool! It's very consistent - not a huge difference with amount of FO's, and no batch-to-batch wicking problems.

I use NatureWax C3 for containers because I like how well it works for me. I previously used EZ Soy and I did not like it. I have used NatureWax P1 and V1 but am not a big fan of either. They are mean waxes with which to work. Am currently using EcoSoya PB, but am still testing. Am pleased with the results with the couple of pillars I have made with it and the votives I am making. Time will tell... I generally make pillars and votives from palm wax. I use CDN wicks for all. :)

I'm using C-3 because I can get it locally and not pay shipping. That really convinced me to use it. LOL I like it so far. If you read up on it in here, there's a lot of info on C-3 and how to deal with issues. I notice just as many threads on other container waxes, as with C-3. All waxes have their issues, from what I'm seeing.

I'm a GW464 user myself. I use it because I can get it locally but it does have it's issues. How Laura manages to get it to have "almost no frosting" I'm not sure but it WILL frost like snubbed prom queen if you're not careful. That said, if you get your conditions and pour temps right, it's a beautiful wax to work with.

Guest Candelishis
I'm a GW464 user myself. I use it because I can get it locally but it does have it's issues. How Laura manages to get it to have "almost no frosting" I'm not sure but it WILL frost like snubbed prom queen if you're not careful. That said, if you get your conditions and pour temps right, it's a beautiful wax to work with.

I did say "almost" no frosting. LOL. I do get some frosting occasionally, but very little. I also have my shop very climate controlled. I have a dehumidifier and a separate thermostat from the rest of my house. But I'm extremely happy with 464 overall.

I am sticking to GB 444 and 464 for now mainly because of the CT/HT. I have tried ECOSOYA CBA, EZ SOY,NG Palm Wax and all the other gb products 435, 415, 474 etc... and so far the 444 and 464 have done the best for me, other than ugly tops if I do not pour at 100 degrees??? I used to pour at 145 but not now.....

if only the ecosoya cba would have a good CT/HT....... oh well!

I use C-3 because I can get it locally and I know how to work with it. I've mastered it! I pour into 16oz Golden Harvest Mason jars. I've used it for five years and before that used C-2.

If you have problems with C-3 you need to search this forum for the answers because they've been given time and time again.

Fire

• 6 months later...

I have been using 415 and love the way it looks. I use CO and a bit of eco PB tart wax in it. All my candles come out with smooth tops, no frosting,and no cracking. They all have great glass adhesion, no wet spots. They have an awesome cold throw and the hot throw is fine but I'm thinking it could be better. I was using eco 135 it worked but wasn't giving me the hot throw I was looking for. I used the cba and that looked beautiful but no scent throw at all. Now I just ordered some 464 and I'm going to try to see if I can get a better hot scent throw. I did just try a sample of homegrown 100% soy wax and it wax terrible. A lot of frosting and the sweating was that bad it covered the whole top of the candle. If someone using the 464 can give me any advice it would be appreciated. Do you think it will give a better scent throw that the 415?

I have been testing 464 for months and have tried a few others at the same time and I have to stay with the 464. The CT and HT are awesome and the burn times are great. I know they SAY it is an easy wax but it has been rough to conquer for me....LOL

I have to wash and preheat my jars and pour at around 150 to get very minimal to no frosting and smooth tops. And I have found out that liquid dyes work better for me in the 464. I live in Mississippi so I am sure it will be different for anyone else....

I have worked with 464, lots of frosting and cracks. I then tried 415 and it has great Ct and HT but because you have to pour so cool, it doesn't always have even tops. I do add CO so that I don't get the craters as much when it cools after burning and I add quite a lot. I have just tested C3 with CO and really like it, great CT and HT and good glass adhesion. I guess it is all in the testing and what works for you LOL

My candles are my own blend, but it is predominantly CB135. I love working with it, it's very consistent from batch to batch. I thought hot and cold throw was good, not great, but my additives have fixed that problem, along with frosting and wet spots.

Hey Fire, can you give me a starting point on the 16oz golden harvest jars using C 3. I use C 3 and been having a heck of a time wicking these jars. I've got about 5 cases of jars sitting here I would love to get them used up.

tia!!!

I use C-3 because I can get it locally and I know how to work with it. I've mastered it! I pour into 16oz Golden Harvest Mason jars. I've used it for five years and before that used C-2.

If you have problems with C-3 you need to search this forum for the answers because they've been given time and time again.

Fire