Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

Bert even with the increase in your prices your oils are still lots cheaper than from other companies. Your quality is usually great, your customer service exemplary & you never charge extra for shipping, so even with shipping over to me I am still getting a great deal & if I find an oil that doesn't work well for me I don't have to buy it again just cos it's cheaper.

Saving with you means I can afford to try some more expensive oils out once in a while.

Bless you Bert for all your hard work.

Sally.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone and I completely understand Carebear's and GrumpyGirl's position - hence why I have been beating myself up about this for a couple of months. Putting things back to normal at the end of August as planned would not have been good, as you all had only just discovered me not too long before then. I tried not to have to raise them back up and Judy and I had this discussion a couple months back. Needless to say - she was right - I couldn't sustain it at that rate. I sent everyone in my database an email regarding the matter, so about everyone on here should have received that, if you have ordered from me before.

I figure this will either help in being able to slowly expand the selections for you and we will grow together, or it will be the death of me and I will sell off and get out. It's going to be one or the other so I guess I have a 50/50 shot.

Thanks - Bert

Just went back to my February, 2007, purchasing records. My first purchase from Bert I paid $8.99 and $9.99 for some oils through her EBay store. So even though I've enjoyed the lower prices this isn't a dramatic increase for us long time buyers.

In fact I was suprised to see her slow time "Summer Pricing" last this long. These oils are still a bargain ... and there are a lot of oils that others would easily put in the premium category at double the price. And getting full 16oz bottles on top of it! Definitely extra value there.

Thanks for keeping the decreased pricing for as long as you could....

the price increase is wayyyy cheaper then other suppliers and you have really good oils . i know i will be buying more first of the year as well. so the increase is not a big issue cause theirs others that charge twice that with alot less quality in their oils.

Bert, people are funny ... I've read some interesting reactions about your higher prices, and I've also read posts questioning how your prices can be so low. Everyone has an opinion, including me ... so, here's my :2cents:

I think you're higher prices are still very low ... and, you have some great oils along with awesome customer service ... you deserve to make a profit. :highfive:

Bert, people are funny ... I've read some interesting reactions about your higher prices, and I've also read posts questioning how your prices can be so low. Everyone has an opinion, including me ... so, here's my :2cents:

I think you're higher prices are still very low ... and, you have some great oils along with awesome customer service ... you deserve to make a profit. :highfive:

Exactlyyyyyyyyyyyy, my thoughts.

Don't hate me grumpy girl LOL I wouldn't be working a full time job that I hate if I was making any money from this LOL Maybe some year, but for now this is like volunteer work :D Sometimes it takes a lot of hard work to achieve something, so I have to give it my best shot!

Hey, no hatin' here. I was just making a general statement to let everyone know. I think what I said had more read into it than was meant. Nothing was implied. No biggie.

I know Grumpy girl and I don't blame you for freaking out, I actually expected worse which is why I have been fighting this for so long. Hind sight being 20/20, as it normally is........I wish I would have thought back when I first met you all, to tell you that my normal pricing was higher and I had only taken the first step back up because I wanted to do it in 2 stages vs all at once. Then being the type to just guesstimate and not caculate, I thought it might be alright where it was at. Hopefully as we grow, there will be many good things ahead for us. And I will make sure gals are taken care of :D

Big hugs to all of ya for being so good to me!

bert

Site pricing is lower - just $9.99 - ebay is higher because of fees.

So do you have a website now or do you mean buyers off CT site? I am completely satisfied with that price too! Anyway, I wouldn't do all that work for no $$!!

Do you run the special every summer? Can we look for it this year too?! Thanks for all you do for us!

It will depend on sales this summer. If they get so slow that stock won't turn frequently enough for my liking, then yes you will see pricing go lower again. Not concerned about making money from it right now, everything needs to roll back into it so it can grow. As for your other question about whether or not I have a site, yes I do but it still has a little more work to be done on it. One of the gals on here and I both are working hard to get it done, and it should be unveiled here shortly :D (within a few days or so)

Every day at work :(

Most of the people I work with call me Bert or Birdie (and probably a few colorful names at times lol), but a few call me by my name and everyone I deal with outside of the office calls me by my real name.

Hey, we finally have snow on the ground here! Not as much as I would like - but a few inches maybe :D

Just want to post my reviews. I use 415 wax and a blend for my tarts.

Fall Festival, throws awesome in both. I had to cut both down to .5 oz per lb.

Butterscotch, It's almost gone and I've only had it for less than a week. Everybody loves it except that I did get a few comments that when you first smell it, it smells like puke, till you stand there awhile. lol.

Wedding Cake awesome awesome awesome.

Mindy :)

Has anybody tried the creme brulee?

All I can smell is butterscotch and I would like some help re-naming it. I'm going to stick with CS for creme brulee, but would like to use the creme brulee oil I have from Bert, but named as something else.

It might just be my nose, has anybody else tried this oil?

PS I LOVE the other 12 oils I ordered, just having problems with this one.

Has anybody tried the creme brulee?

All I can smell is butterscotch and I would like some help re-naming it. I'm going to stick with CS for creme brulee, but would like to use the creme brulee oil I have from Bert, but named as something else.

It might just be my nose, has anybody else tried this oil?

PS I LOVE the other 12 oils I ordered, just having problems with this one.

I think it's carmel scented, but I like it.

Try mixing it with a little coffee for a carmel coffee...smells great. It's also good mixed with coconut.

i was wondering for all of you that have tried angel type is it true to the perfume. i have been using BCN version but it is double the price. and it is great that you can use it in soap.

Not sure if it's a good dupe of the perfume but I've used it in Ecosoya CB135 & in Ecosyoa PB/pw blend I make up & it works well in both.

I'd get a small amount & give it a go then you can do a straight comparison.

Sally.