Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bayberry and Cashmere were a little too strong for my taste, I don't think I'm a bayberry person. The Cashmere sort of reminded me of the Aveda Sapmoss shampoo

Can't wait to try some more!

Yeah, the bayberry and cashmere rank right up there with lavender.....STRONG & STINKY :laugh2:

Note to self - you must work on better marketing techniques, stinky won't cut it LOL

Yeah, the bayberry and cashmere rank right up there with lavender.....STRONG & STINKY :laugh2:

Note to self - you must work on better marketing techniques, stinky won't cut it LOL

Now Bert, stinky is in the nose of the beholder!! Remember that stinky sandalwood -- it's a big hit with my customers. I've poured it straight, blended with ylang or rose and now I'm going blend it with lavender -- that will take stinky to a whole new level:laugh2:

I thought the same thing about Bayberry...UNTIL I got it into wax, it mellowed right out and is really very nice at 5%. I'm not much of a bayberry lover either, but it is highly requested around the holidays. I much prefer food related scents:drool:

Question about the Lemon Bisscotti...Smells great hot and cold but the wicking I am having a problem with have already gone up one size and the flame is still weak hoping will catch up towards bottom. Anyone else had to wick up for this one? and if so how many sizes up? I started with an RRD50 and am at an RRD55 so I am as big as I can go with the RRD's. It does smell delicious though

Also played with the glass glow today and put candy cane in it at 4%. Got the funny fuel smell with that in this wax but when I use it in the CB135 its good

Question about the Lemon Bisscotti...Smells great hot and cold but the wicking I am having a problem with have already gone up one size and the flame is still weak hoping will catch up towards bottom. Anyone else had to wick up for this one? and if so how many sizes up? I started with an RRD50 and am at an RRD55 so I am as big as I can go with the RRD's. It does smell delicious though

Also played with the glass glow today and put candy cane in it at 4%. Got the funny fuel smell with that in this wax but when I use it in the CB135 its good

Candles & supplies sells an RRD65!

OMG The post man just delivered my box that I ordered on Thursday...wow bert you are speedy today is Monday.

Anyway I couldn't get it open fast enough.

Tea Leaf and Grapefruit ;) thanks bert for my sample OOB Love it!

Fig and Melon OOB smells delicious sweet smelling to me...daughter who is 9 says it smells like orange starburst? lol

Angel Type another winner

Tropical Vanilla have to wait till I get this one in the wax it smells good has a hint of something I cant put my finger on.

Redwood&Cedar Oh yeah hubby will love this one

Coolwater Type very clean and refreashing

Paradise this one is smelling green to me oob will have to get it in the wax to know for sure

Andes Thin Mint OMG love it smells just like the candy want to drink it.

Rasberry Brulee very strong OOB smell, smells good

Vanilla Late' good coffee scent not overpowering at all but yet strong.

Oh boy so excited cant wait...hopefully this weekend I can get some of these in the wax. I am using CB 135.

anyone had to wick up or down with any of these scents listed above?

OMG The post man just delivered my box that I ordered on Thursday...wow bert you are speedy today is Monday.

Anyway I couldn't get it open fast enough.

Tea Leaf and Grapefruit ;) thanks bert for my sample OOB Love it!

Fig and Melon OOB smells delicious sweet smelling to me...daughter who is 9 says it smells like orange starburst? lol

Angel Type another winner

Tropical Vanilla have to wait till I get this one in the wax it smells good has a hint of something I cant put my finger on.

Redwood&Cedar Oh yeah hubby will love this one

Coolwater Type very clean and refreashing

Paradise this one is smelling green to me oob will have to get it in the wax to know for sure

Andes Thin Mint OMG love it smells just like the candy want to drink it.

Rasberry Brulee very strong OOB smell, smells good

Vanilla Late' good coffee scent not overpowering at all but yet strong.

Oh boy so excited cant wait...hopefully this weekend I can get some of these in the wax. I am using CB 135.

anyone had to wick up or down with any of these scents listed above?

Wick up with the Vanilla Latte..very nice coffee scent. I have a box coming this week from Bert ...can't wait to try them out.

This is what I have coming in:

Bayberry

Cashmere

Andes Thin Mints

Raspberry Drizzle

Strawberries & Champagne

Satin Sheets

Angel

Jasmine

Gardenia

Lilac

Lavender

Sweet Pea

Tea Leaf & Grapefruit

Christmas Tree

Black Raspberry Vanilla

Exotic Teak

Old Fashioned Sugar Cookie

Lily of the Valley

Indian Spices

awesome thanks for the heads up. and wow you got a big box coming lol full of really good ones too

I heard it is suppose to be a looooooong cold winter and I want to make sure I have a ton of "testing" supplies on hand...LOL (OK so that was my excuse...how did it sound??) I hope to put a bunch of these in CP soap to try them out.

lol that sounds like a great excuse to test lol...have you got snow yet? We got 6 inches last week

We only got a couple inches last week....the higher hills got a bunch more. But it has been so dang cold it hasn't melted like it usually does. The past couple days have been nicer but I am still seeing white and I don't like white....LOL

Ohhh Never should have talked to Grumpy on yahoo. Never should have read this thread. Now I am on the bandwagon of wanting some great oils at half the cost.

Here is my list that I ordered 1 oz samples of

Cinnamon Buns

Cin Nutmeg and Clove

Clean Cotton

Cranberry ( traditional)

Fig and Melon

French Vanilla

Fruit Punch

Juicy Fruit

Lavender

Lemon Biscotti Pie

Mac Apple

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Pearberry

Sandalwood

Satin Sheets

Sea Mist

Sweet Currant

Tropical Vanilla

Warm Vanilla Sugar

White Tea

Strawberry Lemonade

Strawberry & Champagne

Got my Bert's Fo's today :yay: :yay: :yay:

WOW........OOB there are some absolutely gorgeous scents here! I can't wait to get them in Soaps and Wax to see how they hold.

Gardenia smells just like my bottle of Monoi....just gorgeous!

Cashmere is another beautiful scent

As is Tea Leaf & Grapefruit and also Jasmine!

Andes Thin Mints you could drink it smells so dead on.

Christmas tree is perfect OOB...hope it smells the exact same in wax as it isn't an obnoxious overpowering christmas tree scent.

I posted all the ones I ordered up above and I plan on soaping a bunch of these in CP and will post my results.

Got my Bert's Fo's today :yay: :yay: :yay:

WOW........OOB there are some absolutely gorgeous scents here! I can't wait to get them in Soaps and Wax to see how they hold.

Gardenia smells just like my bottle of Monoi....just gorgeous!

Cashmere is another beautiful scent

As is Tea Leaf & Grapefruit and also Jasmine!

Andes Thin Mints you could drink it smells so dead on.

Christmas tree is perfect OOB...hope it smells the exact same in wax as it isn't an obnoxious overpowering christmas tree scent.

I posted all the ones I ordered up above and I plan on soaping a bunch of these in CP and will post my results.

I just love the Christmas Tree as do the couple of GF's of mine that have sniffed it...it is a nice clean, sweet-ish pine scent, not overpowering at all, IMO...

I have to get more Lemon Biscotti from her and check my supply of Vanilla Latte...ooooh!!! I just remembered! I wanted to ask you all which of her coffees would you recommend--I have a request for a Cappucino...?????

I just remembered! I wanted to ask you all which of her coffees would you recommend--I have a request for a Cappucino...?????

The hazelnut cappuccino is really good as well, actually now selling better than vanilla latte for me. Boy it's hard to guess what will take off! Lemon Biscotti is still #1.

The hazelnut cappuccino is really good as well, actually now selling better than vanilla latte for me. Boy it's hard to guess what will take off! Lemon Biscotti is still #1.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind for her, wonder if she likes the Hazelnut? It's not a scent I am crazy about, actually.... is it a touch or the top note, would you say?