Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing Sally since you sent me all your money :D That's better then an IOU in a box LOL

Yup & at this rate thats about all he's getting, unless the fair this w.e is a good one.

My timing was bad falling pregnant with him cos his birthday is 3 days before christmas too, but I have got him a nice pressie for that..........2 candles & an IOU in a box lol.

Update on my testers....

Orange Spice ...MMMMMMMMM

French Vanilla.....nice, not overpowering.

Rose......awesome so I cut back to 7% & it's still good.

Jasmine ....also very strong so I've cut back on that one too.

Angel....to me it smells like a lighter version of Peaks Black Canyon which is too strong for me so this one is a happy medium.

Jack Frost.......lovely...my 13 yr old loves this one too, said it made his room feel warm.

Satin Sheets ...I found to be a bit light but it could be my nose isn't working too well just now so I'll re test after christmas.

Tea Leaf & Jasmine.....gorgeous, a refreshing change after all the christmas scents I've been pouring.

Moonlight Path......this is the only one I have had no success with whatsoever. I thought it might improve after a longer cure but hasn't & no significant thow even after several hours of burning.

Redwood & Cedar.....throws well although I wasn't sure about its scent but now it's growing on me.

So now theres another box full on it's way, some of which are #s of favourites but a whole lot of others too.......good job I just bought another case of wax! :D

Sally.

Yes Sally, thanks for being such a faithful poster here even in the busy times!

Especially thanks for the review on Satin Sheets...I love it...and I don't normally like Satin Sheets but I couldn't really place why I liked this one...you're right it is not overpowering like most of them. But it still filled my room with a nice scent.

Yay!!! I just placed my order with Roberta!!! Can't wait!!!!

Here's what I got for use with C3.

Cinnamon Styx

Clean Cotton

Christmas Tree

Candy Cane

Lemon Biscotti Pie

Christmas Pear

Columbian Coffee

Fresh Air

I wanted to take advantage of the shipping and got the 16 oz. I know this is going to be much more than I need right now, but I have the money to spend on it and think this is best.

Question...what is the best way to store FO's? In a cold cellar? Someplace dark I'd think?

Yay!!! I just placed my order with Roberta!!! Can't wait!!!!

Here's what I got for use with C3.

Cinnamon Styx

Clean Cotton

Christmas Tree

Candy Cane

Lemon Biscotti Pie

Christmas Pear

Columbian Coffee

Fresh Air

I wanted to take advantage of the shipping and got the 16 oz. I know this is going to be much more than I need right now, but I have the money to spend on it and think this is best.

Question...what is the best way to store FO's? In a cold cellar? Someplace dark I'd think?

Yes, cool, and dry, and dark is good. I am gathering amber glass bottles at the prodding of my GF, as this is the BEST way to have them keep the longest...good for your fav or best selling scents that you have around all the time...

Okay...Bert suggested I ask you guys here. I am sorry, I know it is probably somewhere on the 568 pages which compose this thread, but I am going cross eyed trying to find it.

I ordered the following:

Angel

Juicy Fruit

Redwood & Cedar

Andes Thin Mint

Candy cane

When I test I start out with my normal wicking and then do new candles if I need to wick up. (I just don't like yanking wicks and using the same candle) I also start off with 7% (1.2oz per pound). I use straight 415 with only UV additive.

Are any of these wicker uppers? Are any of these ones I can really go down on percentages with my wax?

I appreciate it. I would really like to start out as close to the mark as possible in hope to save at least a little time on my testing.

Also, has anyone compared Bert's Angel to BCS? And does the Juicy Friut smell anything like BNLs All Hallow's Eve?

Thanks!

dont use your wax but in CB135 I have NOT had to wick up on the candy cane or Angel. I a few others you bought but havent tested them yet.

Havent tried BCS Angel so I cant compare but this is a nice soft not over powering beautiful scent

I'm putting mine in cb135 too & my ecosya pb/pw blend I make up.

None of the oils you list have needed to be wicked up in my waxes & redwood & cedar, atm, & candy cane have all been decreased to 7%.

I think I could probably decrease that further & still have a knock out throw, especially after a longer cure (these 3 all throw really well after 3 days or less for me).

Haven't tried juicy fruit so cant comment on that.

Sally.

Has anyone tried the Cinnamon Styx? I really want a Red Hot Candies smell. The description says it's not quite like that. Anyone have results yet in soy? TIA

LOVE the Candy Cane and Christmas Tree! OMG the Vanilla Latte is PERFECT!

Has anyone tried the Cinnamon Styx? I really want a Red Hot Candies smell. The description says it's not quite like that. Anyone have results yet in soy? TIA

LOVE the Candy Cane and Christmas Tree! OMG the Vanilla Latte is PERFECT!

Try mixing the Vanilla Latte w/ a Pumpkin and a bit of cinnamon for a great Pumpkin Spiced Latte!!

Prices before I lowered them in July (summer, slow, sold at cost $7.99 just to keep stock turning over and fresh) were $9.99 and I never went all the way back up to full price because I knew I was going to start my own site and wanted to build the customer base up more. I underwent a .50 per pound increase in June (that I absorbed) and another now 12/1 - I had no choice - barely squeeking by trying to maintain stock. On 12/31 UPS is raising their rates 4.9% on shipping. There is another increase on me. Bottles come up for review in Jan (every Jan and July) - didn't see an increase in July, so I anticipate I will in Jan :cry2: Now I have gone back to normal pricing - sorry I had to. Site pricing is lower - just $9.99 - ebay is higher because of fees. I draw no pay off of this, none, every penny goes to scents, bottles, labels, shipping & packing supplies, toner cartridges, equipment upkeep, fees and so on. I don't sell by the weight, so I never get the full amount of bottles from a drum. I bet if you weigh most of my bottles they weigh close to 20oz. I knew it would shock those who were new to me, but those that have been with me since before the summer, knew that they would go back up. Again I am sorry, but I need a little bit of cushion if I (we) want the selection to grow rather then just maintaining what it is.

Don't hate me grumpy girl LOL I wouldn't be working a full time job that I hate if I was making any money from this LOL Maybe some year, but for now this is like volunteer work :D Sometimes it takes a lot of hard work to achieve something, so I have to give it my best shot!

Ahhh - Thanks ladies. This has been killing me and I have been fighting with this for a while, but I don't do you much good if I can't continue to bring in new and in demand scents and items, and it finally got to the point where I had to pooh or get off the pot:undecided

I don't object to changes in price, but I'm glad that GG mentioned it so that I wouldn't be shocked - and thank you for offering the option to purchase non-ebay to save a bit.

I guess I was stunned cause I JUST found you, and suddenly higher prices - and I am not alone in this.

But such is life -

I'm really happy I just actually over ordered! I wanted to take advantage of the "till the end of Nov" deal, so I wound up getting 9 16 oz's. I think I did a very good thing now! LOL Just have to get some amber bottles to store that stuff in to keep it nice until I can use it all. :)

I can not wait!!! Woot!!! Soon!!! I'll be making a candle!!! LOL ;)

Got two of the lemon one that everyone absolutely loves too. I can't wait to smell that one! :)