Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

Every day at work :(

Most of the people I work with call me Bert or Birdie (and probably a few colorful names at times lol), but a few call me by my name and everyone I deal with outside of the office calls me by my real name.

Hey, we finally have snow on the ground here! Not as much as I would like - but a few inches maybe :D

Oh Bert, I'm sorry. I just got used to calling you Roberta from the emails and didn't realize you didn't like to be called by your name. I never think it's a bad thing because like I told you, my aunt's name is Roberta and I love her so much. She's the coolest aunt in the world! Sorry, will call you Bert of Birdie from now on. LOL ;)

Roberta is a beautiful name! :)

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried her oils for the first time today.

The Black Cherry rocks the house!!!! It was so strong when I put it in wax, it burned my nose all the way up to my brain! I had to add more melted wax to it to tone it down! I did 1.5 pound wax (4630 Harmony Blend) to about 1.5 oz FO. Needless to say this 1 pound bottle of oil is going to last a very long time because it only needs half the amount.

Then I tried the Satin Sheets. It is a really beautiful scent! I like the Satin Sheets FO way better than some of the other clean scents. I put the Satin Sheets in Soy tarts and votives. It's some good stuff too!!

PS. I LOVE THESE OILS!! Two thumbs up!!

Well i just got my delivery from Birdie and OMG!!!! I could actually smell the fragrances from outside the box before it was opened, and would have sworn something leaked. Not one drop leaked but darn you could really smell the oils inside, just from the unopened box!!!

Every singe one I bought smells amazing oob. Beautiful smelling. I mean strong beautiful smelling! Haven't used them in a candle yet, but they smell so good just sniffing the bottles. Her bottles are nice too. They're coated white to help keep the uv out a bit I'd guess.

This is what I got.

Cinnamon Styx

Clean Cotton

Christmas Tree

Candy Cane

Lemon Biscotti Pie

Christmas Pear

Columbian Coffee

Fresh Air

I would love to know how these oils compare other FO suppliers such as Candlescience. The prices seem really good and I'd love to reduce costs by switching some of the ones I currently purchase from Candlescience such as Clean Cotton, Cinnamon Sticks, Caramelized Pralines, Apples and Maple Bourbon...etc.

Thanks

When I do my test candle soon, I'm going to use one of her oils, so I'll post back what I think. I have never made candles before, but I do know what hot and cold throw are. Couldn't tell you how they compare though. Have some fo's I picked up from Natural Artisan too, and that's all I can compare to when I start my testing. :)

I buy around 90% of my oils from CS and just recently found Bert so I ordered some oils from her to test the quality.

The only 1 from your list that I've tried from both places is the Clean Cotton, while the CS oil is nice it didn't throw well for me in my soy. Bert's is a little off OOB but once I got it into wax it was amazing. The hot and cold throw is awesome and, to my nose it is a very close match to what the CS oil smells like, just WAY stronger. This is one that I'm going to cut back to 5% instead of my usual 7% because it is super strong.

I would love to know how these oils compare other FO suppliers such as Candlescience. The prices seem really good and I'd love to reduce costs by switching some of the ones I currently purchase from Candlescience such as Clean Cotton, Cinnamon Sticks, Caramelized Pralines, Apples and Maple Bourbon...etc.

Thanks

Thanks

I was getting about 90% of my oils from both CS and Gen Wax (both same mfg) and while I can't testify for the exact scents you listed, I can tell you that instead of 6% with the CS oils, I'm using between 4-5% with Bert's oils and so far everything I've tested has had a good or great ct and ht in C3.

And Bert...even with the price going back up...you're still saving us lots and carrying great oils!!:whoohoo:

Thanks this is very helpful.....makes me want to start purchasing some samples and begin testing. Kandlekrazy and FlightofFancy are you both using Soy? If so which kind? I'm using C3.

In addition to the scents I listed previously from CS, I'd also be looking for replacements for the following so if you've tried any of these, I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thx

banana nut bread

cranberry marmalade

hansel and gretel's house

lovespell

mistletoe

spice wassail

vanilla hazelnut

wildberry mousse

Thanks this is very helpful.....makes me want to start purchasing some samples and begin testing. Kandlekrazy and FlightofFancy are you both using Soy? If so which kind? I'm using C3.

In addition to the scents I listed previously from CS, I'd also be looking for replacements for the following so if you've tried any of these, I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thx

banana nut bread

cranberry marmalade

lovespell

mistletoe

spice wassail

vanilla hazelnut

wildberry mousse

Yep, C3 also. I've tried the banana nut bread from Bert and it's good, but never tried the one from CS so can't compare. I have so much van hazelnut from CS that I won't need to replace that one for quite a while! Sorry, can't help much with side by side comparisons as I tried to order things I was getting from suppliers other than CS or Gen Wax (I pick up from Gen Wax and save on shipping, but their oils still cost more than Bert's with shipping.)

Thx

banana nut bread

cranberry marmalade

lovespell

mistletoe

spice wassail

vanilla hazelnut

wildberry mousse

Bert's Raspberry Brulee is very similar to CS Wildberry Mousse to my nose, and threw GREAT for me in 50/50...hth!

Bert,

What does the Indian Spice smell like to you? I'm looking for something that has a Moraccan scent...like the Caress oil infused Moraccan body wash...I know, you probably never smelled it!

This is a direct question to the supplier and should be e-mailed to them. Now if you where asking members what they thought that scent smelled like, that is a question that should be asked here.

This is a direct question to the supplier and should be e-mailed to them. Now if you where asking members what they thought that scent smelled like, that is a question that should be asked here.

Ok, maybe this is why my threads I've started keep getting deleted. So I understand this also, we can not ask the supplier any questions about their products, even in a thread about their products..right?:undecided Just share opinions right?

We have had problems in the past asking supplier direct question. Honestly this is a place we should be able to talk about them good and bad without direct interference from the suppliers.

Now suppliers come here and read they find out if we are having problems and some times post that they are aware of the problem or correct a misconception.

The reason the Bert thread have been disappearing is there have been a lot of plugging of Bert site. Which is not allowed since we give the suppliers a place to plug their own site in the supplier section.

We usually let a one time plug slide but not to the extent is was happening this past week.

Since this is such a long post one more thing

Guys you need to get me a list of Bert FO that work in soy and a list that work in palm so I can update the lists in the veggy section.

We have had problems in the past asking supplier direct question. Honestly this is a place we should be able to talk about them good and bad without direct interference from the suppliers.

Now suppliers come here and read they find out if we are having problems and some times post that they are aware of the problem or correct a misconception.

The reason the Bert thread have been disappearing is there have been a lot of plugging of Bert site. Which is not allowed since we give the suppliers a place to plug their own site in the supplier section.

We usually let a one time plug slide but not to the extent is was happening this past week.

Since this is such a long post one more thing

Guys you need to get me a list of Bert FO that work in soy and a list that work in palm so I can update the lists in the veggy section.

Honestly, I wish this was still a place where we could be able to talk about them good and bad without direct interference from the suppliers. I know its like when you do, you get sooo many others that will beat you up for it cause they disagree with you. Or someone will intentionally e-mail a supplier to let them know someone here is complaining about them. Kinda like being back in the 2nd grade all over again. Its to bad its gotten that way.:cry2:

I just made a TON of candles with bert's fo's in straight palm so I will let you know, vicki, what the results are. :yay:

So far the cold throw on ALL of them is great (which is an improvement from what I was getting before with my prior method of making candles). I will let them cure for a week and then post some results.

Just received:

Ande's Thin Mints

Lemon Biscotti

Coconut

Redwood and Cedar

Satin Sheets

Blueberry

White Tea

I've made up the candles but are waiting for them to cure before testing. I have to agree with everyone that they all smell great OOB - so far favorites are the Lemon, Ande's and Redwood&Cedar. I'll report back on how they do in wax (C3).

I also wanted to mention that Bert was very kind in correcting my order to make sure I got the special pricing on sample quantities - now that is great customer service!! Thanks again Bert... :smiley2: