Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sold out of ALL of my candles with Bert's FO's yesterday. Jack Frost, Redwood & Cedar, Lemon Biscotti and Pumpkin Custard.

The only puzzling thing I found was that the PUmpkin Custard either discolored (orangey) around the edges (I don't color my candles) or has started rusting the tins. However, that did not deter anyone from buying them even when I pointed out the flaw.

I sold out of ALL of my candles with Bert's FO's yesterday. Jack Frost, Redwood & Cedar, Lemon Biscotti and Pumpkin Custard.

The only puzzling thing I found was that the PUmpkin Custard either discolored (orangey) around the edges (I don't color my candles) or has started rusting the tins. However, that did not deter anyone from buying them even when I pointed out the flaw.

That's great! :yay: I think that Pumpkin Custard is an orangey color, so that may be it, and the rust might be the vanilla content. I think that happens a lot with Pink Sugar too...(the rust, that is...)

DROOLING!!!!!!!!!

The Andes Thin Mint in CB135, cured for 3 days only & burned like a dream in both my 8 & 4 oz tins.

I made them the night before I went away & left a tissue which I'd cleaned out my pour pot with in a tub on the work top. When I came back on Friday night the whole downsatairs smelled just wonderful, & that was only a tissue!

Will light the Candy Cane tins tomorrow but I'm leaving the pillars for a couple more days.

I need to get some of the others I bought in the wax now.

Sally.

Hi all, I lit the Candy Cane today & was a bit disappointed to get a very fuelly smell, however this disappeared after about the first hour or so & I got a good peppermint scent.

This is the first time I've got a fuel smell from any f.o & I'm thinking it maybe too strong at 8% so I'm going to try again but with less f.o & if that doesn't work I'll try adding some vanilla.

Off to see what new oils she has......lol Bert you have us hooked!

Sally.

Just wanting to get everyone's thoughts on some scents. I have a fund raiser to do and thought about making these candle flavors lol Would these be good ones?

Love Spell

Pink Sugar

Apple Jack & Peel

Country Berry Hotcakes

Blueberry Muffin

Hot Fudge Brownie

Cinnamon Styx

Blackberry Cobbler

Did you all see Bert's new scents and descriptions in her store...?

Sea Glass, Tea Leaf and Grapefruit, Exotic Teak...these sound awesome! Can't wait esp. to try the Tea Leaf and Grapefruit!! Sounds like it would make an awesome SOAP!!!

shoot - I didn't see those and just placed and order... guess I'll be making another... !

Just ordered 1# bottles of Pumpkin custard spice, creme brulee (back in stock today) and lemon biscotti pie! Got samples of the cappucino brulee (sounds yummy) and cappucino hazelnut as well as spiced plums and candy cane!

Loving Bert's stuff so I hope these new ones are winners too! And she's so darn fast (despite a killer week and being sick)...thanks Bert!

Just wanting to get everyone's thoughts on some scents. I have a fund raiser to do and thought about making these candle flavors lol Would these be good ones?

Love Spell

Pink Sugar

Apple Jack & Peel

Country Berry Hotcakes

Blueberry Muffin

Hot Fudge Brownie

Cinnamon Styx

Blackberry Cobbler

That sounds like a pretty good selection, though I think I would add in something fresh or clean, like clean cotton, fresh linen (something in that category). Good luck on your fundraiser. Boy I don't know how you keep up, trying to please all of us with your kick butt FO's and doing your own candle biz. BTW, is the love spell you have one of yours? I didn't see it on your site, was hoping you would add it!:cheesy2:

Rebecca

I have been looking for a really good Mac Apple for a promo candle I am doing for a resort. I have tried from 4 different suppliers and none of them knocked your socks off.....until I tried Bert's...it is awesome. Now when we burn the candle we can smell the Mac Apple Chunks and the overpour in another scent they chose...they are thrilled!!!! :yay: And so am I cause I can now quit pulling my hair out on that one!!

Tried her Mandarin Spice but not getting much HT (after a week cure) out of that in my blend. If they don't throw in 5 days they are out of here...LOL!The Oatmeal Cinnamon Crunch Bar is burning on my counter right now and Spiced Plum is burning in the bathroom. Just lit them so don't know yet. The Oatmeal Cinnamon Crunch has an awesome cold throw tho!!!

Love Spell

Pink Sugar

Apple Jack & Peel

Country Berry Hotcakes

Blueberry Muffin

Hot Fudge Brownie

Cinnamon Styx

Blackberry Cobbler

Sounds like a good selection...I WANNA SMELL CINNAMON STYX! Is it a natural smelling cinnamon or a red-hot cinnamon? And I am a sucker for bakery scent and sweet scents, so I would be all over a hot fudge brownie!!!

Pink Sugar is always SUPER popular too...

Originally Posted by byrd46740 viewpost.gif

Love Spell

Pink Sugar

Apple Jack & Peel

Country Berry Hotcakes

Blueberry Muffin

Hot Fudge Brownie

Cinnamon Styx

Blackberry Cobbler

OK Bert, got my scents last week, and because I was wanting to try pink sugar and was needing some love spell, I had to order from another supplier. If only I had known.

Thanks for all you do to keep us happy:)

Hi Ladies, Could some of you comment on Berts Spiced Plum? Is it a sweet "sugarplum" type scent or more of a tart plum scent....and is it really nice and strong or just so-so?

Mt Annie

I was wondering and it didn't seem like anyone had tried it, so I went ahead and ordered a 4 oz bottle...should be here later this week so I will let you know!

the list sounds great ~ maybe add a Vanilla, Orange or Tangerine and a Fresh Linen or Clean Cotton ~

I can't find the Apple Jack & Peel ~ (is this the Claire Burks Type?) or Love Spell listed on Bert's pages ~ did I miss them? :confused:

I wish that she had these fragrances ~

Curves ~ Men's type

Brown Sugar & Fig ~ B&BW type

Love Spell

Pink Sugar

Apple Jack & Peel

Country Berry Hotcakes

Blueberry Muffin

Hot Fudge Brownie

Cinnamon Styx

Blackberry Cobbler

Bert-

I'm with everyone else-I'd love for you to add the scents you listed. Your list sounds pretty good.

How do you keep up? I think I need about 10 extra hours a day, you must need about a million!!!

I just got my order today and if oob is any indication i'm going to love everything. even oob, lavender smelled like real lavender..

You can keep adding scents-especially at the price you are offering. We use the same wax so I'm betting that everything will be as awesome as everyone here has raved about.

and What quick service too. you just got back last thursday, stayed up late filling orders, and i received mine in the mail today(tuesday)!!! that is awesome customer service if you ask me. I'm sure i'll be back for more.

Heather