HELP! Display suggestions for wax melts

aptommo

I'm unsure how to display these little bags of melts the best. I think how I had them was just okay but I did not love it. I saw a Posh table display online I wanted to somewhat mock mine after but not man of my items are in containers. Don't laugh or cringe toooooo much please. Remember I'm a beginner to all this. My first craft fair was more successful than I anticipated after my starting fiasco and lack of knowing what I was really doing...but I think if it had looked more presentable I might have gotten more sales?? I'm considering trying another for Dec 22 and I need HELP Please! 

This was my setup, after being crowded into a 6ft instead of 8 ft table. I had to leave so much off the table because it was just too much and looked even sloppier than this does. 

1396495536_PhotoDec0191328AM.jpg.2c7f4e16d31da13ce2675f6f650ebfcb.jpg284827505_PhotoDec0191347AM.jpg.65ac9b8e44886e0f60faeb56baceea78.jpg

However this is the setup I've been drooling over. (Obviously mine wouldn't be 3 tables but just their entire presentation is lovely IMO. I would turn the pink into the muted purple color in my logo to match my branding. But I just love everything about how they have it and I can't even try to replicate it.

perfect-vendor-display-by-michelle-tarpley-craft-booths-table.jpg.efcfe566ba9f7cc13c263cece37e78bc.jpg

• Like 2

If I'm reading you right, I think you may be feeling that your table looks a little too "flat". I'm basing that on the pictures of your table versus the setup you've been drooling over. ;)  I bought some stair step risers to use on my tables for that very reason. The ones I bought on Amazon will work for my needs but I don't think they would be pretty enough for what you're displaying. While I was shopping for mine, I noticed many others that were much nicer and would hold the type merchandise you are showing. Next time I go on Amazon (which is several times a day) I'll look for them and post the link here. That might help you make a decision. I just added a note to myself to look for them.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your display looks very, very nice.  Neat, easy to see everything.  The added risers as @Quentin suggests, may give you the needed space to display all your products.  If you don't have time to order what you want, a couple of small wood boxes/crates/drawers placed on their sides on the back of the table could be used to give you added space.  Product could be placed inside (which is facing toward customer) as well as on top.  Great labeling!

GoldieMN

• Like 2

You're off to a great start.  Height would help.  Crates work great for that too.   I would put your fragrance sign behind the melts so that you can see those up front.  You'll find yourself tweaking your display every time you do a show.  I still adjust mine frequently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me tell you something Aptommo.....your booth setup from what I can see in the pictures is really quite beautiful!    Your display is very smart and elegant looking at the melts and your sign is just gorgeous.   I love love black.   It goes with anything and everything.  You know what......this is your first show and you will find with each and every show you do there will always be all sorts of tweakings always happening.   So now you know you need some height for your next show.   Whether you buy some risers or use inverted crates/boxes I know you will do first class.   Your great with colors and display Aptommo.   It shows clearly.   The Posh booth is very nice and very eye catching as yours is, so just let this be a learning experience or a guide to what you can envision yours to be or something as beautiful...actually we all learn from others and here is one example.    I love the polka dot little bags your melts are in.   I have never seen anyone using that type of packaging....Very smart looking....As far as you thinking if your booth was more presentable you would have made more sales?   I think you did wonderful and all you have to do is get some height in your booth....that's all.   I wouldn't even change your display of your melts....If I was shopping at that show, just the display you had would becken me into your booth.....Presentation, presentation....and you are on your way!

Trappeur

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I think height is what mine is missing! I will have to look into crates as I was only looking at stands like everyone uses for soaps and lotions and I couldn't see how that would work for me. I did manage to see this but I'm not sure if that's pricey for it or not?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/72426300

https://www.etsy.com/listing/616252201

I'm shocked by all the nice comments. I know I'm new but I really didn't think it looked very nice. I really did my best with what I had to work with and a larger table would have made a huge difference but I still feel like something major is missing so maybe it's just getting some height.

• Like 1

They also make clear acrylic risers that stack really nicely for display. I like them because they don't hide any product. and they stack together for storage so don't take up too much room.

Your display looks great.  If you're looking for something for the  bags in individual scents consider either small baskets or I always used vintage enamelware bowls, cups etc depending on what I was displaying.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

They also make clear acrylic risers that stack really nicely for display. I like them because they don't hide any product. and they stack together for storage so don't take up too much room.

Your display looks great.  If you're looking for something for the  bags in individual scents consider either small baskets or I always used vintage enamelware bowls, cups etc depending on what I was displaying.

Oh glass bowls or platters! That may work if I get enough space next time! 

• Like 2

Those are great wooden displays.....Actually I made up  2 of them for myself about 2 months ago and I haven't gotten around to painting or staining them yet.   Here is a picture of mine.   The ones from Etsy you show are outrageously expensive!   And then you have shipping on top of them.    I used scraps of wood for mine.   Unless  you can afford and don't mind spending the $$ amount of the ones on Etsy why can't you have someone make for you,?   your hubby, boyfriend or just go to a cabinet shop and ask them to make for you?   I guarantee you will spend pennies compared to the ones on Etsy.

Here is what  a friend of mine made for me....with scraps of wood I gave for them.   All I have to do is paint/stain them and I 'm going to add some real pine cones on the front of the display box  for me.

• Like 2

I actually just found something I like better. I may have to change the colors on my table a bit but I think I can still use the black just add in some white with my purple. I love these so much! I think my little bags would sit very nicely in them. Then I could have some tiered and some on the table. Thoughts???

2018-12-04_11-38-30.png.67962149cf8661fb7f92e1f8b1eeb6f1.png2018-12-04_11-38-58.png.86f1991d699bc98bd58fb5cb1f827cc5.png

• Like 5

Your set up was great! Height can also be achieved with books or crates or anything for that matter under your tablecloth....you can really do a nice stair set up ...we do this all the time in my line of work....don't use books if you can find something lighter to pack!

image.jpeg.fefbee92b4ff7bc650d8c7acb7341ea5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

Your display looks very, very nice.  Neat, easy to see everything.  The added risers as @Quentin suggests, may give you the needed space to display all your products.  If you don't have time to order what you want, a couple of small wood boxes/crates/drawers placed on their sides on the back of the table could be used to give you added space.  Product could be placed inside (which is facing toward customer) as well as on top.  Great labeling!

GoldieMN

1 hour ago, Sunday said:

Your set up was great! Height can also be achieved with books or crates or anything for that matter under your tablecloth....you can really do a nice stair set up ...we do this all the time in my line of work....don't use books if you can find something lighter to pack!

image.jpeg.fefbee92b4ff7bc650d8c7acb7341ea5.jpeg

Sunday's idea will work great. Use whatever is around the house and drape it. It will add some height, creating an illusion of abundance from which the customer can choose. You can also use this same setup when taking pictures of your products. I've seen even professional photographers use this technique. 

6 minutes ago, Quentin said:

Sunday's idea will work great. Use whatever is around the house and drape it. It will add some height, creating an illusion of abundance from which the customer can choose. You can also use this same setup when taking pictures of your products. I've seen even professional photographers use this technique. 

Thanks so everyone that responded. I have some real solid ideas for display finally!!  🎈

• Like 1

Tables tend to be low while people are walking around.  I see many people using risers on the table to give it some extra height so they are so low.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Home-Management-Tall-Bed-Risers-Black-4-Pack/132704399

Just gives it that little extra height, a little more storage room under you table and people are not bending over so much.  And for $10 it works great.

Make sure table covering is long enough to cover also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2018 at 9:00 AM, Trappeur said:

just let this be a learning experience or a guide to what you can envision yours to be or something as beautiful...actually we all learn from others and here is one example. 

@aptommo Take Trapp's advice here. You will learn something new each time. I know I learn something new every single day. For example, I'm learning that I can download files to my computer "easily". I just click download.:whistling: Now when it's time for me to FIND those files, use them, upload them to something else, convert them or manipulate them, that's a different story.:lol: I become a nervous wreck! Usually, I consider it a success if I just happen to stumble upon what I'm looking for, click the right thing and accidentally get them where I wanted them to go.:huh: But I'm a little better at it than I was. Seriously though, you do get better each time you do something. That may sound trite, but it's true. Old sayings become old sayings because they're true. I always look at the pictures of every single table, booth or display method and I always pick up some good idea. It becomes a part of you even though you may not realize it at the moment. Your brain is a lot younger than mine. You'll do fine. Look at what you've learned in just the last few hours since you started this thread!   [I'm 60 years old. I got my first computer in 1994. 4 MB of RAM! That's not a typo. It was the fastest computer in the neighborhood.:rockon: The internet was brand new. I only learned how to "cut and paste" about 10 years ago. I was scared to try it for fear I might fail or blow up my computer or some other horrible thing. Totally irrational thinking on my part.  Now I get really irritated when I hear older people like my father say they're too old to learn anything new. I've decided that I'm never going to take that attitude. Never.]