How do you organize your wicks?

I’ve only been doing this one year and my wicks are out of control, and I just order five new sizes. I’m sure my little wick collection is nothing compared to most of you. I would love to hear how you keep them organized.  

3 minutes ago, Forrest said:

I think there may be something to this "well marked" thing, maybe I should try that

LOL 

I usually keep them in the bags they came in from the supplier, and then I have an big plastic organizer that has like 5 or 6 drawers and I keep each like wicks in the drawers - all zincs together (the bag they are in will indicate size), all cd's together, etc., 

• Like 1

Several of those small plastic units with drawers, like desktop organizers.  Each box has a series and each drawer a size all marked clearly.  Love to just open the drawer and know what I'm getting without sorting through!

• Like 1

I keep mine in the plastic bags they came in.  Then

put in a box all in order by size starting with smallest first like cd4 , cd 5, cd6, and up to the end.  Then they are in my living room end table which is right at the kitchen where I make all my candles.

Trappeur

• Like 1

When I made candles on a daily basis, I had master cases of 5000-10000 from the mfgr that were labeled and I used big black notes on. :) Yep, really systematic. Now I just toss bags in a drawer and dig. Even worse!

• Like 2

On 3/6/2018 at 10:46 AM, Lighten Up said:

I usually buy by the 1000, so those go into a well marked shoe box sized transparent plastic box with a snap lid (from the dollar store). Anything else goes into a well marked zippy bag.

Same.  Large, clear plastic containers that I have marked clearly with type and size.  I am paranoid that I or my assistant will grab the wrong size of wick, so I am really careful when unpacking wicks.  Since we do make both paraffin and soy candles, and we use different wicks for each, I even keep the soy wicks on one shelf organized by size, and the paraffin wicks on an entirely separate shelf by size.  :o

Edited by Crafty1_AJ
  • Like 2

We've got plastic drawers and have them generally grouped together in their bags by type and then size. 

The spools we have somewhere else in plastic bags. 

The votive sizes are in their own boxes and counted out 100 to each pack for easier counting when it's inventory time. 

I don't think it would matter here what we do ... we have too many wicks so nothing gets its own drawer, just its own baggie. They aren't old enough to start an antique shop though. 

• Like 1