keystone bought remaining peaks inventory

CarolP

3 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

I have purchased from Peak because the warehouse was very close to my home and now they have sold to Keystone which is always close to my home....so happy!  My daughter just asked if I could make her a Lemongrass candle.  I do not have that scent and checked Keystone and didn't see it.  Does anyone have the list of scents that Peaks carried?  Another candle supplier is in Lancaster and they have good scents however I do not like the drive there.

I used the wayback machine to find this snapshot of their site from July 1, 2017. Last known prices, reviews, etc.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170701122957/http://www.peakcandle.com/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

Oh my gosh, I never thought I would get a reply to this!  I did and oh so fast...thank you so much!!  BUT I can not find Lemongrass on it.  Will have to go to Fillmore in Lancaster now.  Thank again!

They didn't have an only Lemongrass scent, it was Sage & lemongrass, but mostly lemongrass with only a hint of sage peeking through. I think you would have to have a pretty good sniffer to detect more than a tiny bit of sage in it. 

On 10/13/2017 at 8:24 PM, katmeltswax said:

So the owner of VA returned my call today .This could be great news ,hoping . He told me they did not buy out TCS . They are actually a much larger company than TCS, he stated. I was told Kimberly & Brent used to purchase oils from them . He was very polite & honest . He said I could certainly feel free to purchase some samples from VA & would not guarantee these would be identical . I have a feeling I have found some of the TCS  oils  I have been searching for.

He named the Raspberry Mousse ,Pumpkin pecan Waffle ,Vanilla bean Noel & more that were purchased from Kim when the business was open. I was also told she did not sell her business ,she just no longer wanted to be in the  business, due to her loss . I have placed a sampler order with VA today & look forward to receiving these oils. VA offers 5 scents for 13.95 . This is free shipping ,so hope to get my PPW ,Raspberry Mousse ,VBN  back again :)

I did not see Salty Caramel on the site. He stated TCS did not buy all their oils from them ,but did purchase a lot when the business was open. . He also told me to call back if I had anymore questions. I may call back & ask if he knows where I could possibly  find some of the other oils she had ,such as Salty Caramel . He was & still is a very good friend to Kimberly . I wanted to let you know the response I received .This is good news IMO .I look forward to the samples .I will know right away if this is the same fragrances as I used to purchase from TCS , fingers crossed :)

Thanks , katmeltswax.....

I apologize if I missed who VA is ? Did you receive your samples yet ? Thank you in advance :) 

I see Keystone is having a tent sale starting today in their parking lot, I think.  If you are near Middleburg, PA, you might want to check out their list of things for sale on Facebook.  

https://www.facebook.com/keystonecandlesupplies/photos/a.830180010376708.1073741827.116388448422538/1542541412473894/?type=3&theater

GoldieMN

I called Keystone and she said the online sale would start next week.  Same prices as they have advertised for their onsite tent sale.  

Since I didn't mention prices, hope it was OK to post this in this thread about Keystone.

On 10/18/2017 at 7:21 AM, Moonstar said:

I apologize if I missed who VA is ? Did you receive your samples yet ? Thank you in advance :) 

Yes I received the samples yesterday .I will get these in the wax over the weekend & post results.I know a few smell the same OOB that I used from TCS . The Raspberry Mousse ,Pumpkin Souffle & Pumpkin pecan Waffle .I also ordered a Cinnamon Spice cake ,smells really good .Oh the other was Caramel nut Cluster ,not sure on how this one will test out,sometimes oils bloom in wax. I am hoping the PPW works out ,loved TCS .

On 10/18/2017 at 7:21 AM, Moonstar said:

Sorry Moonstar ,I should not have the VA post in this topic .I meant to start a new post about this company.I have been super tired lately ,my mistake.Va is a huge company in Virginia .I had heard they purchased TCS ,so I called the owner.He was so polite and friends with the owners of TCS.I was told Kimberly used to purchase some of her oils from his Co. She never sold the co and just quit after her husband's passing. I have researched this company , they are much larger than TCS as he stated.I learned alot thru my phone call to him.I am excited to see how the oil performs in the wax.

Keystone's new website is up now, with Peak FO's.  They still don't have all products online, but they're getting there.  

Or maybe I should say, revamped website.  It looks nice.

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, GailC said:

Keystone's new website is up now, with Peak FO's.  They still don't have all products online, but they're getting there.  

Or maybe I should say, revamped website.  It looks nice.

Isn't it nice? They did a nice job. Once things settle, if they can add IFRA info I will be stellar. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

It's better than the old website but I did like that you could view all fo's at once on the old one.  They don't have Peak's Patchouli!!  The one scent I wanted.

Oh well...moving on to a current supplier for it.

There are two patchouli - one is marked peak. More scents are being added daily as I understand it. Still a lot of boxes to go through.

IMG_1204.PNG

• Like 1

This is great news ,site looks nice.I noticed some of the descriptions are not correct .I am sure she will get things in order asap.I can only imagine the hard work involved with purchasing Peaks inventory. I am wandering if shipping is free with a certain minimum purchase .I will be loading my cart today.I never got around to phoneing in pre order.

9 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

This is great news ,site looks nice.I noticed some of the descriptions are not correct .I am sure she will get things in order asap.I can only imagine the hard work involved with purchasing Peaks inventory. I am wandering if shipping is free with a certain minimum purchase .I will be loading my cart today.I never got around to phoneing in pre order.

At the very top of the page it's states free shipping with $49 order.  That's good!

• Like 1

Hello ladies!  Question for you all.... I've been on the hunt for the best birthday cake FO and was going to order Peaks Birthday Cake this evening until I realized it has phthalates in it.  😬

I know you gals all love Peaks Birthday Cake FO the best, but isn't this dangerous to use FO's with Phthalates?  Any advice is much appreciated.