Christmas & fall/Thanksgiving Favorite Must Haves

Trappeur

12 minutes ago, Terry said:

If there ever is a meeting or a gathering I need to be included!!  Please put the post out there!  Not at a conference but on a more personal/business level.  Would LOVE to meet ALL of YOU in person--you are a great group...I'm in for Eastern USA up and down the seaboard but will consider any other locations!

2017 sounds like a good year :)

Here Here !!! I so agree !

15 hours ago, puma52 said:

So you've not tried it before....OHHHHH ....it is beautiful and delicate just like the flowers, but it is a wonderful floral to offer at this time of year. Hey as far as the names...hey if I throw my name of a scent out there..anyone that likes it and wants to use it...I say go for it !! :)

Love daffodil from Fillmore!  I think I am becoming a floral lover....lol

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Moonstar said:

The Nutmeg Ginger is super nice + super strong - maybe even cutback just a tad ? I have a 1# bottle of the daffodil, Im typically not a floral person but 

its nice (OK)  and it is strong - very Spring -y . Paperwhites have a very distinctive smell to them not sure if the daffodil will pass for that though. But 

that of course is just my opinion. On a side note, I ordered a few FO's from Candlewic , Vanilla Sugared Shortbread had rave reviews on here but personally 

OOB I much prefer Indianna's. You really smell the shortbread in hers + its just lovely. Candlewick's is nice but much heavier on the vanilla, which is nice

but I prefer to smell more of the shortbread. I also tried Baking Cupcakes - smells like cupcakes but OOB lacks a bit of richness IMO . My last sample

was Smoked Birch - Interesting(sorta) lol ! but not one I would typically gravitate to. OOB you get SMOKED wood + I really pick up on the patchouli -

which Im not really a fan of. Hmmm IDK I might add something to it . Since it has applewood in it too, maybe some CS apple + a touch of their shortbread FO ??

we shall see . Im sure others might really like this one just not me lol ! The patchouli + Myrh in it  ...mmmm not my cup of tea lol ! 

I am thinking some pine with that smoked birch could be good....I am pretty sure I have a sample of that myself and didn't do anything with it because it is really really smokey - if it's the one I am thinking 

I LOVE elements Rocky Mountain Christmas and that birch could be a winner with the right pine notes....I am going to have to go digging in my containers to see while I wait for my Fraser fir to get here 

• Like 1

You all are so creative and motivated

I do the same old same old for the Fall and the Holidays mainly because I have so many scents and testing new ones takes me forever to accomplish 

I use the following:

ELEMENTS

rocky mountain Christmas 

FILLMORE

Christmas tree

nutmeg ginger plain and a blend with apple and a blend with pumpkin 

Cedar garland 

cocoa therapy

NG

cracklin birch

tinsel

cranberry spice 

Christmas splendor 

PEAK

winter wonderland 

peppermint 

lemon pound cake 

Amish harvest

WSP

autumn lodge

witches Brew

vanilla oak

VBN

CANDLESCIENCE

mistletoe

blue spruce 

sweet orange chili pepper

pumpkin pie 

banana nut bread 

Macintosh apple 

honeycomb 

hazelnut vanilla

FB

Pumpkin

pumpkin pecan waffles 

sugar cookie royale 

salted Carmel 

SWEET CAKES

Sweet yellow pear 

red currant votivo

champaca and bamboo

need to use up my TSC oils this season also

dried Apple wreath 

peach magnolia raspberry

this old house 

Still need to add a firewood/hearth scent, a cider and a coffe one  

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Moonshine I mix CS Christmas Hearth with RE Bonfire Bliss and call it Autumn Bonfire. For a coffee type I use C&S Cappuccino as my mixer it smells sooooo good. This year I am mixing it with RE's French Vanilla and calling it Cappuccino Latte.

Thanks Candy

i will have to revisit Christmas hearth- I recall not liking it at all but that was long ago

C&S....drawing a blank who is that 

Moonshine, yep I'm like you, I really don't do but a few blends as I'm never happy with mine...lol

I do Balsam fir (christmas tree) 40 % and 60% Vanilla voodoo (CC) 

My own pumpkin pie (I've stated the combo many times here...don't mean to be repetishis)

Leather and Bourbon (or was it whisky)....I'm losing it lately....

And now Kentucky Bourbon (Flaming) and my blend of pumpking pie

And these do take a long time and then when you have to critique it.....and add more of this and that and hope you write your recipe down correctly and then wait for my cure time......yikes!

Oh geezum crown I had forgotten all about Tinsel!  I need to get some!   Glad you put that one up there.  I do one candle in tinsel and one in garland.  I think I'm going to name a candle "Tinsel & Garland".  Been meaning to do that for the past few years..

I see you order a lot from CS.  Ok, you need to get, get get Christmas Hearth!  Been using for years.  It doesn't smell like a bonfire. I think it is exactly what you are looking for.   Just imagine this...Your sitting in your favorite chair next to the cozy fire going in the  fireplace while your petting Zoey sitting in your lap needing away on your favorite camp blanket. hee, hee, hee.....  Your just chilling out watching Horse Whisperer (I watch it 50 times a year myself, lol) or maybe it's the night your watching that "Zombie show...."Walking Dead", and you glance over once in a while and get mesmarized by the fire and the wonderful scent of the burning fire.  Oh, yea, did I forget the pot of hot mulled cider sitting on top of the stove?  And of course candles burning all over the place?  I do this all by my lonesome olesome and love it.....  You can really really smell the crackling and hear the crackling of the firewood with hints of pine and just faint hints of maybe a wee bit of spice, not much.  I can detect some more things...or maybe I'm imagining it.  It's a strong fragrance but I have always loved it.  I sell all year long.  In the summer I change out the name to Crackling Firewood or Fireside or Country Hearthj.  It's that good!

Trappeur

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Moonshine, yep I'm like you, I really don't do but a few blends as I'm never happy with mine...lol

I do Balsam fir (christmas tree) 40 % and 60% Vanilla voodoo (CC) 

My own pumpkin pie (I've stated the combo many times here...don't mean to be repetishis)

Leather and Bourbon (or was it whisky)....I'm losing it lately....

And now Kentucky Bourbon (Flaming) and my blend of pumpking pie

And these do take a long time and then when you have to critique it.....and add more of this and that and hope you write your recipe down correctly and then wait for my cure time......yikes!

Oh geezum crown I had forgotten all about Tinsel!  I need to get some!   Glad you put that one up there.  I do one candle in tinsel and one in garland.  I think I'm going to name a candle "Tinsel & Garland".  Been meaning to do that for the past few years..

I see you order a lot from CS.  Ok, you need to get, get get Christmas Hearth!  Been using for years.  It doesn't smell like a bonfire. I think it is exactly what you are looking for.   Just imagine this...Your sitting in your favorite chair next to the cozy fire going in the  fireplace while your petting Zoey sitting in your lap needing away on your favorite camp blanket. hee, hee, hee.....  Your just chilling out watching Horse Whisperer (I watch it 50 times a year myself, lol) or maybe it's the night your watching that "Zombie show...."Walking Dead", and you glance over once in a while and get mesmarized by the fire and the wonderful scent of the burning fire.  Oh, yea, did I forget the pot of hot mulled cider sitting on top of the stove?  And of course candles burning all over the place?  I do this all by my lonesome olesome and love it.....  You can really really smell the crackling and hear the crackling of the firewood with hints of pine and just faint hints of maybe a wee bit of spice, not much.  I can detect some more things...or maybe I'm imagining it.  It's a strong fragrance but I have always loved it.  I sell all year long.  In the summer I change out the name to Crackling Firewood or Fireside or Country Hearthj.  It's that good!

Trappeur

Thanks Trapp

excellent description!!  Another talent ?

But add my 3 weenies and Zoey on my lap ? I love horse whisper and can't wait for walking dead to come back -lol you hit me on the money as my fireplace (not real) is right next to where me and my fur kids sit every night 

I honestly don't remember if I ever even put Christmas hearth in wax I just know I had ditched for some reason or another  but that was long ago and I use a different wax now so I will definitely give it a try again! 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Yes Moonshine you must get Christmas Hearth. I always light a Christmas eve fire in my fireplace and light up a Christmas Hearth candle. I love it so much its become an annual tradition. Also, its one of those scents that for some reason grows on you. First get some, make a candle, then smell it, then smell it again.... I guarantee you will begin to like it more and more. But when you burn it it smells just like what a fire at Christmas should smell like.... the smoky hearth, goodies on the table, and the tree all trimmed in the corner.

Of course on Christmas day I always burn Mistletoe my absolute fav Christmas scent.

But this year I had some Bonfire Bliss left over and wanting to use up old FOs laying around I decided to mix it with the Christmas Hearth. The blend is very nice and I am glad I did!

I love Rocky Mountain Christmas.... I still call it Christmas Pines from way back. The two are very different. RMC is more of a soft pine scent and I don't get any smokiness out of it at all. Christmas Hearth is a smoky campfire type scent with notes of pine and dried fruits but the smoky fire scent is the strongest part of it.

BTW-- RMC makes awesome soap! Both CP and M&P. I have been using it for years in my soap but you know for some reason I never made candles out of it. I always use Fillmore's Christmas Tree and CS Mistletoe for candles.

On 9/15/2016 at 6:01 PM, MLG said:

Puma - I really wished we all lived closer to one another! You all crack me up! So many fun ideas to try! 

On 9/15/2016 at 6:06 PM, Moonstar said:

I was thinking this too ??

On 9/15/2016 at 9:00 PM, Terry said:

If there ever is a meeting or a gathering I need to be included!!  Please put the post out there!  Not at a conference but on a more personal/business level.  Would LOVE to meet ALL of YOU in person--you are a great group...I'm in for Eastern USA up and down the seaboard but will consider any other locations!

2017 sounds like a good year :)

i WOULD SO LOVE THIS! :yay:We all would have such a great time! Trappeur you too!!:hello:Anyone else who would want too too...that would be SO fun!  Well, I will be off here for a few days as we are going oo town. So you guys be good and hold down the fort so to speak and I'll be talking with you guys soon! :) You all take care!!

• Like 3

My favorites right now are as follows:

Pistachio Dream Cake-The Flaming Candle

Macintosh Apple-Candlescience

Mistletoe-Candlescience

Hansel & Gretel's House-Candlescience

Blue Fir-Candlescience

Pumpkin Creme Brûlée-Rustic Escentuals 

Toasted Marshmallow-Rustic Escentuals

Pink Grapefruit & Mangosteen-

Christmas Tree-Candlescience

Christmas Hearth-Candlescience

I mix Macintosh Apple (Candlescience) with Celtic Moonspice (Rustic Escentuals) together for an Apple cinnamon with a flair. People are loving it! 

• Like 1

On September 16, 2016 at 10:10 AM, moonshine said:

Thanks Trapp

excellent description!!  Another talent ?

But add my 3 weenies and Zoey on my lap ? I love horse whisper and can't wait for walking dead to come back -lol you hit me on the money as my fireplace (not real) is right next to where me and my fur kids sit every night 

I honestly don't remember if I ever even put Christmas hearth in wax I just know I had ditched for some reason or another  but that was long ago and I use a different wax now so I will definitely give it a try again! 

Thanks 

I ordered 2 or 3 bottles of CS  Christmas Hearth a few years ago! I couldn't give it away and ended up just using in my firestarters I had made for myself. But..as usual, I read this and just got another pound! Just in case my customers noses changed lol

1 hour ago, Daisymay66 said:

I ordered 2 or 3 bottles of CS  Christmas Hearth a few years ago! I couldn't give it away and ended up just using in my firestarters I had made for myself. But..as usual, I read this and just got another pound! Just in case my customers noses changed lol

lol, lol....well if if doesn't work out for you Goldie, one of us will buy it from you, so all is not lost, ok?

Trappeur

• Like 1

Peaks

Amish Harvest

Warm Spice (which is also Amish harvest, I make it rusty red)

CS

Pumpkin Souffle

Macintosh Apple

Apples & Pumpkins (huge seller) butternut and mac apple mix

Sweet Pumpkin Brulee (the only pumpkin I sell all year) 

Daystar

Butternut Pumpkin

Natures Garden

Country Bumpkin (I named it Pumpkin Pie Spice) Still haven't found a great PPS

RE

Hot Baked Apple Pie

Apple Jack & Peel

C&S

Sweet Pumpkin (I call it Vanilla Pumpkin)

Edited by coffeebean

On September 19, 2016 at 7:42 AM, coffeebean said:

Peaks

Amish Harvest

Warm Spice (which is also Amish harvest, I make it rusty red)

CS

Pumpkin Souffle

Macintosh Apple

Apples & Pumpkins (huge seller) butternut and mac apple mix

Sweet Pumpkin Brulee (the only pumpkin I sell all year) 

Daystar

Butternut Pumpkin

Natures Garden

Country Bumpkin (I named it Pumpkin Pie Spice) Still haven't found a great PPS

RE

Hot Baked Apple Pie

Apple Jack & Peel

C&S

Sweet Pumpkin (I call it Vanilla Pumpkin)

Is sweet pumpkin brûlée a mix of yours or does someone sell that one?

On September 15, 2016 at 7:36 PM, Scented said:

OK I'll toss this one out there as a mix

Bayberry + Red Clove  (great fall and Christmas if you had to label it with seasons)

I'm going to hate myself completely, because I swore I would not use up my bottle of stuff, but the time has come to break out the elusive long-time-ago discontinued Log Cabin ... and it would be great if I could get this duped, possibly with a hit of roasted chestnut but maybe another day. I just need to remember not to use everything up because this is a scent not out there any more ... there are no crying smilies but I would insert a gazillion of them about right here. 

Warm Vanilla Nutmeg ... it's market screams fall and winter and could easily become Christmas Treat if necessary. 

Where's your favorite place Scented for WVN? 

On September 19, 2016 at 0:55 AM, Trappeur said:

lol, lol....well if if doesn't work out for you Goldie, one of us will buy it from you, so all is not lost, ok?

Trappeur

I'm starting to start Christmas scents next week so I'll holler and see if anyone wants it if it's a dud!! :)