Christmas & fall/Thanksgiving Favorite Must Haves

Trappeur

I know there are a gazillion posts about everyone's favorites or must haves for fall/Thanksgiving and Christmas but since there are so many new fragrances we all have been testing and now ordering for the holidays I thought I would still put up another post and see what everyone is doing for this year.  It could help us all.  Not that we need more suppliers than what we have, but it would be great to see what are favorites and then of course there are a lot of new people here and we could here what they use.  Please if you don't mind, would you put up the wax you use and your supplier, unless of course you do a blend and you don't want to devulge your secret scent.

My fragrances I'm doing are:

My wax is 464.

Christmas tree (Balsam fir) - Fillmore

Vanilla Balsam (My own blend of fillmore Balsam and Vanilla Voodoo by CC)

Christmas tree (Community Candle)

Blue Spruce (CS)

Mistletoe (CS)

Christmas Hearth (CS)

Bayberry Cinnamon (Fillmore)

Cinnamon/Balsam (Peak)

Custom Blend of Christmas Tree and Mullberry 

(I know there are a lot of pine scents I use for Christmas but I've been doing this forever and they all sell, and I'm a pine conniscour! (Spelling wrong..)

Vanilla Bean Noel (TN)

Mulled Cider & Chestnuts (CS)

Mac Apple (CS)

Hot Apple Pie (Bc) or (Ind)

Pecan Pie (Flaming)

Orange Peel & Cinnamon (Community Candle)

Orange Spice (Cajun) - Is a new one for me but is a super thrower and am going to order too.

Chestnuts & Brown sugar (Commmunity Candle)

Hollyberry (NG)

Pumpkin Pie (My own blend using pie crust, Pumpkin spice, pumpkin souflee and pumpkin pie)

Butter Rum Allspice (BC)

Pumpkin cheesecake (BC)

Still looking for a Frosted Cranberry

Cinnaberries (Peak)

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles (TN)

Sweet Potato Pie (Aztec or RE)

Lavender Vanilla (CS) This sells all year

Lemon Verbena (Sells all year)

Bourbon Soaked Raisins blended with Pumpkin Pie (Brand new )

Trappeur

• Like 10

Beautiful list! I love pine ... I need to make some pine soap for my family... one of their favorites in soap! 

I feel like Fillmore's Citrus Spruce is very similar to their Christmas Tree. The citrus is not noticeable to me. My family liked the Citrus Spruce better in soap than the Christmas Tree.

So, for pines, I use Citrus Spruce instead of Christmas Tree. I am  also doing Blue Spruce (CS), Balsam & Citrus (EBB) (it is different from Citrus Spruce), Pinecones (CS ... fresh and soapy but I love it), and I have my own version of Mistletoe (CS was a little stinky in my wax).  I make tarts in a parasoy blend.

I am going to add more pines. My tests of Rocky Mountains Flicker (EBB), Christmas Hearth (CS), and Main Street Christmas (RE) are promising. Of course, I will have to try the Frasier Fir from WSP sometime, as well!

Edited by maryta
  • Like 2

Im repeating a lot of whats already posted on here. Plus you guys have been at it a LOT longer than I have. 

Fillmore Christmas Tree ..... Fillmore Iced Lemon Biscotti ( addicted to this ) Fillmore Nutmeg Ginger - Tennessee Pumpkin Pecan Waffle 

Just ordered a # of WSP VBN even though I have an almost full bottle Tennessee's lol ! I just couldn't help myself lol ! 

CS Banana Nut Bread - CS Apples + Bourbon - CS Blue Spruce - CS Lemon Pound Cake - CS Cranberry Marmalade CS Pumpkin Soufflee 

Fillmore Cedar Garland  - RE  Main Street Christmas - RE Apples & Oats - RE Plumberry Spice - RE Lemon Curd 

Indianna - Peach Cobbler - Cinnamon Buns (Classic) Apple Strudel - Pie Crust  - Lemon Ice Box Cookies 

Peak - Red Currant very tart - Peak Santas Cookies - Peak Christmas Tree also Peaks Apple Cranberry Marmalade smells very similar to CS ( IMO) 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, maryta said:

Beautiful list! I love pine ... I need to make some pine soap for my family... one of their favorites in soap! 

I feel like Fillmore's Citrus Spruce is very similar to their Christmas Tree. The citrus is not noticeable to me. My family liked the Citrus Spruce better in soap than the Christmas Tree.

So, for pines, I use Citrus Spruce instead of Christmas Tree. I am  also doing Blue Spruce (CS), Balsam & Citrus (EBB) (it is different from Citrus Spruce), Pinecones (CS ... fresh and soapy but I love it), and I have my own version of Mistletoe (CS was a little stinky in my wax).  I make tarts in a parasoy blend.

I am going to add more pines. My tests of Rocky Mountains Flicker (EBB), Christmas Hearth (CS), and Main Street Christmas (RE) are promising. Of course, I will have to try the Frasier Fir from WSP sometime, as well!

How would you say EBB Citrus Spruce is different. Ive read on here its very strong + really nice. I too like Fillmore's Citrus Spruce + Cranberry Citrus.

Ive also read on here that EBB's Rocky Mountain Christmas is good - is it basically a christmas tree scent ? Im trying to duplicate the BBW Fireside 

request by by daughters , since Im not familiar with that scent I'll have to see if its on the shelves yet unless its a discontinued scent ??? 

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I know there are a gazillion posts about everyone's favorites or must haves for fall/Thanksgiving and Christmas but since there are so many new fragrances we all have been testing and now ordering for the holidays I thought I would still put up another post and see what everyone is doing for this year.  It could help us all.  Not that we need more suppliers than what we have, but it would be great to see what are favorites and then of course there are a lot of new people here and we could here what they use.  Please if you don't mind, would you put up the wax you use and your supplier, unless of course you do a blend and you don't want to devulge your secret scent.

My fragrances I'm doing are:

My wax is 464.

Christmas tree (Balsam fir) - Fillmore

Vanilla Balsam (My own blend of fillmore Balsam and Vanilla Voodoo by CC)

Christmas tree (Community Candle)

Blue Spruce (CS)

Mistletoe (CS)

Christmas Hearth (CS)

Bayberry Cinnamon (Fillmore)

Cinnamon/Balsam (Peak)

Custom Blend of Christmas Tree and Mullberry 

(I know there are a lot of pine scents I use for Christmas but I've been doing this forever and they all sell, and I'm a pine conniscour! (Spelling wrong..)

Vanilla Bean Noel (TN)

Mulled Cider & Chestnuts (CS)

Mac Apple (CS)

Hot Apple Pie (Bc) or (Ind)

Pecan Pie (Flaming)

Orange Peel & Cinnamon (Community Candle)

Orange Spice (Cajun) - Is a new one for me but is a super thrower and am going to order too.

Chestnuts & Brown sugar (Commmunity Candle)

Hollyberry (NG)

Pumpkin Pie (My own blend using pie crust, Pumpkin spice, pumpkin souflee and pumpkin pie)

Butter Rum Allspice (BC)

Pumpkin cheesecake (BC)

Still looking for a Frosted Cranberry

Cinnaberries (Peak)

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles (TN)

Sweet Potato Pie (Aztec or RE)

Lavender Vanilla (CS) This sells all year

Lemon Verbena (Sells all year)

Bourbon Soaked Raisins blended with Pumpkin Pie (Brand new )

Trappeur

I'll let you know how the Frosted Cranberry is from WSP i ordered a small bottle along with a few others lol + large bottles VBN + Frasier Fir. Everyone 

was raving so I had to try lol ! If I had to pick a Orange Spice type would you say Cajun's or Community Candle - can't get both :/ So you like Flamings Lemon Verbena ?

Everyone raves about RE's  Verbena ..... ahhhh decisions lol ! 

50 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

How would you say EBB Citrus Spruce is different. Ive read on here its very strong + really nice. I too like Fillmore's Citrus Spruce + Cranberry Citrus.

Ive also read on here that EBB's Rocky Mountain Christmas is good - is it basically a christmas tree scent ? Im trying to duplicate the BBW Fireside 

request by by daughters , since Im not familiar with that scent I'll have to see if its on the shelves yet unless its a discontinued scent ??? 

I can smell fruit and citrus in EBB and I can't smell any citrus in Fillmore's Citrus Spruce. Both are nice and fresh-smelling, though!

Edited by maryta
  • Like 1

This year I am going cheap and using the sparkle container palm that Peaks is selling at 25% off. Normally I use glass glow but when I went to buy it every single supplier was out!!.... so I decided to go with several cases of the sparkle palm. I only make candles for the fall and holiday season this year. I am mostly about soap! But for the fall and holiday craft shows I do a full table of candles and 2 tables of soap & B&B.

CS

APPLE HARVEST: Macintosh Apple + Apple Harvest

MULBERRY SPICE: Mulberry + Apple Harvest + Amish Harvest (Peaks)

CINNAMON: Cinnamon Stick + Cinnamon Red Hots

LULLABY LAVENDER: Lavender + Baby Powder

SALTED CARAMEL TOFFEE (I rename this Reindeer Farts for Christmas): Pecan Pie + Carmalized Pralines + Chili Pepper Toffee (WSP)

APPLES & MAPLE BOURBON: Apples & Maple Bourbon

PUMPKIN SPICE: Pumpkin Pie + Pumpkin Souffle

Fillmore

CHRISTMAS TREE: Christmas Tree + Mistletoe (CS)

WARM AUTUMN SPICE: Nutmeg & Ginger

CRANBERRY CITRUS: Cranberry Citrus

CEDAR GARLAND: Cedar Garland

C&S

CANDY CANE: Candy Cane

BAYBERRY APPLE SPICE: Bayberry Apple Spice

FALL SPLENDER: Christmas Splendor

CAPPUCCINO LATTE: Cappuccino + French Vanilla (RE)

RE

AUTUMN BONFIRE: Bonfire Bliss + Christmas Hearth (CS)

BW

FROSTED GINGERBREAD: Honey Gingerbread + Gingerbread Cookies (Peaks) + Fr. Vanilla (RE) + Creme Brulee (CS)

Peaks

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS: Home for the Holidays

These are my candles this year. Don't ask about the soap, lotion, lip balms... I make 30 different soaps, 10 lip balm scents, and 4 in lotion. I spend a fortune on FOs & EOs. They can be hard to keep track of too! When I run low on a scent I have a box I toss the bottle in and when I get ready to buy supplies I check on whats in the box and order replacements.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Candy your combos sound amazing !

I was just thinking the same thing!

So far this year I have:

FB-pumpkin vanilla marshmallow

Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut

Pumpkin Sugared Doughnut

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin

Pumpkin Cupcake

Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake

Mulberry

Tennessee

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles

Vanilla Bean Noel

CS

Banana Nut Bread

Christmas Hearth

Lemon Pound Cake

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Soufflé 

Fillmore

Nutmeg Ginger

Warm Caramel Vanilla

Christmas Tree

RE

Main Street Christmas

Sweet Potato Spice

Bonfire Bliss

Apple & Pumpkin Strudel

Autumn Spice

Butterscotch Marshmallow

Cornbread

Pumpkin Pie Spice

ICS

Apple Brown Betty

Caramel Nut Cluster

JS

Santa Baby

Cajun's 

Cream Brûlée

Spiced Oranges

NG

Mrs. Claus Cookies

Spiced Cranberry

Pumpkin Cheesecake

BCN

Hayride

The Candle Source

Sugared Cranberries

There might be a few more and I've come up with a couple of blends in my head but haven't put them together yet.

I use a blend of 4625 and 4630 or if I'm ordering from TCS I use their tart wax and sometimes use Flaming's tart wax and sometimes RE's LOL! It's all paraffin though.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

I was just thinking the same thing!

So far this year I have:

FB-pumpkin vanilla marshmallow

Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut

Pumpkin Sugared Doughnut

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin

Pumpkin Cupcake

Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake

Mulberry

Tennessee

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles

Vanilla Bean Noel

CS

Banana Nut Bread

Christmas Hearth

Lemon Pound Cake

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Soufflé 

Fillmore

Nutmeg Ginger

Warm Caramel Vanilla

Christmas Tree

RE

Main Street Christmas

Sweet Potato Spice

Bonfire Bliss

Apple & Pumpkin Strudel

Autumn Spice

Butterscotch Marshmallow

Cornbread

Pumpkin Pie Spice

ICS

Apple Brown Betty

Caramel Nut Cluster

JS

Santa Baby

Cajun's 

Cream Brûlée

Spiced Oranges

NG

Mrs. Claus Cookies

Spiced Cranberry

Pumpkin Cheesecake

BCN

Hayride

The Candle Source

Sugared Cranberries

There might be a few more and I've come up with a couple of blends in my head but haven't put them together yet.

I use a blend of 4625 and 4630 or if I'm ordering from TCS I use their tart wax and sometimes use Flaming's tart wax and sometimes RE's LOL! It's all paraffin though.

Belinda did you get a chance to burn the Candlewic Cider Donut 

yet. I remember you said it smells

mostly like cider. I did get a large 

bottle of the sugared vanilla shortbread . I love the Main Street 

Christmas too I thought I ordered the Celebrate type from RE too but I guess I didn't :( can you actually smell "donut " w/ FB or

is it basically a cake smell w/ cinnamon. I was thinking of blending my own ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Belinda did you get a chance to burn the Candlewic Cider Donut 

yet. I remember you said it smells

mostly like cider. I did get a large 

bottle of the sugared vanilla shortbread . I love the Main Street 

Christmas too I thought I ordered the Celebrate type from RE too but I guess I didn't :( can you actually smell "donut " w/ FB or

is it basically a cake smell w/ cinnamon. I was thinking of blending my own ? 

I haven't melted it yet but I'd be glad to send you a sample of both of those. PM your address to me and I'll put a sample of both in the mail for you! I love the cinnamon donut from FB. and also their Pumpkin donut. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I haven't melted it yet but I'd be glad to send you a sample of both of those. PM your address to me and I'll put a sample of both in the mail for you! I love the cinnamon donut from FB. and also their Pumpkin donut. 

As kind as that offer is, its really not necessary - you are so thoughtful though :) In the next few weeks I need to place a small order from FB anyhow.

I think I'll go with the cinnamon donut I have enough pumpkin. Most likely that'll be one of the FO Ill be sending in to the school for their annual fundraiser.

The teachers + staff love the fundraisers :)  Thanks again for being you :) 

GREAT thread Trappeur! :)

Hmmm...several you have mentioned and if I repeat..well that means that scent is just popular and perhaps needs a second look by people who have never tried them...  :biggrin:

Wax!!! Almost forgot the wax... 4786

Fillmore

Christmas Tree

Pumpkin Spice Chutney

Creamy Chai Latte

Cider Donut - Had not tried yet...but does it smell gooooood! :)

Daffodil - Calling Christmas Paperwhites for the holidays since they both are from the daffodil family

BCN

Harvest

Pumpkin Cheesecake...Yumm!

Spiced Cranberry ...blending w/pucker up and calling cranberry bog and also mixing with frosted cranberry from WSP...man I think this will rock!

All Hallow's Eve - I call this Harvest Moon

Cajun

Christmas Memories

Spiced Orange

Gingerbread Spice

Lick Me All Over - Ya know...this is such a great scent...I am thinking of calling it Christmas Kiss

Christmas Fantasy - Smells like beautiful spiced pear ....Doing a super pear scent using this with pear glace, coconut pear (from Daystar) and coconut vanilla (Daystar)

Pear Glace

Buttercream Crunch --- awesome blender with vanillas

Daystar

Cake Batter...Yumm

Marshmallow The Original

I want Cake

Vanilla Delicious

Buttercream Frosting

Vanilla Bean Cookies

Sugar Milk Kisses

Anyone that has ever brought from Stacy @ Daystar KNOWS she is the bomb dot com when it comes to vanilla scents and  actually I love all the others I have gotten from her  too! I am going to do a blend of all of the above scents...don't know what I am going to call it yet, but I have done blends with her Buttercream Frosting, Marshmallow and Cake Batter before and OH MY...it was wonderful!

Hey, Hey Cute Cabana Boy

Mulled Spices & Cider - I have never used before, but it smells heavenly!

Peak

Red Clove...LOVE!

Amish Harvest

Sea Salt & Cocoa Bean...just bought...smells delicious! would be awesome to mix w/any other chocolate...divine...thanks to all who suggested!

Grandma's Swinging Eggnog...LOVE!

Apple Jack & Peel

Cranberry Apple Marmalade

Candle Science

MacIntosh Apple

Strudel & Spice

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Souffle  I do a blend w/P pie and P Souffle...yumm

Cinnamon Stick

Caramel Popcorn

Christmas Hearth

Blood Orange...LOVE THIS...thanks to everyone who suggested...haven't made anything yet, but my it is NICE!

Brandied Pear

Hansel & Gretel's House

WSP

Vanilla Bean Noel

Frosted Cranberry

***Fraser Fir***.....yea on this new find!

Perfect Pumpkin

Great thread Trappeur!! Lots of great ideas here! Thanks for starting! Excited to see everyone else's. :)

:

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2016 at 10:33 AM, Moonstar said:

I'll let you know how the Frosted Cranberry is from WSP i ordered a small bottle along with a few others lol + large bottles VBN + Frasier Fir. Everyone 

was raving so I had to try lol ! If I had to pick a Orange Spice type would you say Cajun's or Community Candle - can't get both :/ So you like Flamings Lemon Verbena ?

Everyone raves about RE's  Verbena ..... ahhhh decisions lol ! 

Oh yes please Moonstar on the frosted cranberry put up your review.

By the way I ordered the frosted cranberry from them because you did....lol

Also I ordered VBN, Frasier Fir and even Limoncello which is a new one.  I do my own Limoncello as it is a big seller and have never smelled any from any vendor so I'm trying this one from them.

Trappeur

• Like 3

Your welcome Puma......

I have to place an order with Fillmore and thought I missed the boat by not ordering Daffodil which everyone just raves about.  So I thought now that fall and Christmas is upon us, I'll have to wait till next spring to order but I just love how you named it Christmas Paperwhites and I'm ordering it now.  I love love that name!  Do you care if I name mine the same?  We are far enough away from each other and don't think it would be a problem.  Thought I would ask.  I'm also going to get Nutmeg Ginger too because of the reviews.

Trappeur

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Your welcome Puma......

I have to place an order with Fillmore and thought I missed the boat by not ordering Daffodil which everyone just raves about.  So I thought now that fall and Christmas is upon us, I'll have to wait till next spring to order but I just love how you named it Christmas Paperwhites and I'm ordering it now.  I love love that name!  Do you care if I name mine the same?  We are far enough away from each other and don't think it would be a problem.  Thought I would ask.  I'm also going to get Nutmeg Ginger too because of the reviews.

Trappeur

The Nutmeg Ginger is super nice + super strong - maybe even cutback just a tad ? I have a 1# bottle of the daffodil, Im typically not a floral person but 

its nice (OK)  and it is strong - very Spring -y . Paperwhites have a very distinctive smell to them not sure if the daffodil will pass for that though. But 

that of course is just my opinion. On a side note, I ordered a few FO's from Candlewic , Vanilla Sugared Shortbread had rave reviews on here but personally 

OOB I much prefer Indianna's. You really smell the shortbread in hers + its just lovely. Candlewick's is nice but much heavier on the vanilla, which is nice

but I prefer to smell more of the shortbread. I also tried Baking Cupcakes - smells like cupcakes but OOB lacks a bit of richness IMO . My last sample

was Smoked Birch - Interesting(sorta) lol ! but not one I would typically gravitate to. OOB you get SMOKED wood + I really pick up on the patchouli -

which Im not really a fan of. Hmmm IDK I might add something to it . Since it has applewood in it too, maybe some CS apple + a touch of their shortbread FO ??

we shall see . Im sure others might really like this one just not me lol ! The patchouli + Myrh in it  ...mmmm not my cup of tea lol ! 

Edited by Moonstar
grammer

9 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Your welcome Puma......

Trappeur

So you've not tried it before....OHHHHH ....it is beautiful and delicate just like the flowers, but it is a wonderful floral to offer at this time of year. Hey as far as the names...hey if I throw my name of a scent out there..anyone that likes it and wants to use it...I say go for it !! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Oh yes please Moonstar on the frosted cranberry put up your review.

By the way I ordered the frosted cranberry from them because you did....lol

Also I ordered VBN, Frasier Fir and even Limoncello which is a new one.  I do my own Limoncello as it is a big seller and have never smelled any from any vendor so I'm trying this one from them.

Trappeur

OHHHHHH....you go girl Trappeur!! :) Can't wait to hear what you think. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Hey as far as the names...hey if I throw my name of a scent out there..anyone that likes it and wants to use it...I say go for it !! :)

Puma - I really wished we all lived closer to one another! You all crack me up! So many fun ideas to try! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MLG said:

Puma - I really wished we all lived closer to one another! You all crack me up! So many fun ideas to try! 

5 minutes ago, MLG said:

I was thinking this too ??

• Like 2

OK I'll toss this one out there as a mix

Bayberry + Red Clove  (great fall and Christmas if you had to label it with seasons)

I'm going to hate myself completely, because I swore I would not use up my bottle of stuff, but the time has come to break out the elusive long-time-ago discontinued Log Cabin ... and it would be great if I could get this duped, possibly with a hit of roasted chestnut but maybe another day. I just need to remember not to use everything up because this is a scent not out there any more ... there are no crying smilies but I would insert a gazillion of them about right here. 

Warm Vanilla Nutmeg ... it's market screams fall and winter and could easily become Christmas Treat if necessary. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I was thinking this too ??

If there ever is a meeting or a gathering I need to be included!!  Please put the post out there!  Not at a conference but on a more personal/business level.  Would LOVE to meet ALL of YOU in person--you are a great group...I'm in for Eastern USA up and down the seaboard but will consider any other locations!

2017 sounds like a good year :)

• Like 3