What do you think about these jars and packaging?

Trappeur

What do you think about this jar?  I think it's just absolutely gorgeous!!!  Has anyone ever seen it anywhere?  I'm sure it's custom made.  You would think with all the glass companies out there with every company offering the same darn jars that one of these companies would come up with something different.  I was thinking of spraying a jar in the black frost which looks like what this jar is.  But I wonder how the frost would react to heat once the candle starts burning.  I just love everything about it and wow, what a label design!  So clean and simple and just gorgeous....

4ebda4d1d564f89648ba32f9dca2d05b.jpg

What about this for packaging for a candle that doesn't have a lid...Very earthy and smart looking I think.  You can buy these little bags for el cheapo on ebay and just have a stamp made up, stamp the bag and slip the jar in it.  My mind is forever nonstop going these days....trying to come up with different ideas that no one else has...lol...

il_570xN.660840843_934l_large.jpeg

Has anyone ever ordered the black tins from Papermart?  I see them there but I'm not sure the finish (there is none) on the inside would work.  But I thought this was a handsome tin.

4oz_black_tin_gold_lid_sbtin4bc__22380%2

Now I just love this jar from Candle Science.  Anyone ever order it?  Doesn't come with a lid.  It only holds 9oz wax to the fill line and comes out to rounded off 2.00 a jar which includes shipping if you order 3 dozen.  Round about figures filled with wax and labeled would come to give or take 5.00 to make so to wholesale it the price would have to be like 10.00.  I know it depends on what market you have and are able to sell to but isn't 20.00 a little steep for such a small candle?  I don't know....but I was thinking of trying.  I think this could be a nice little gift in that muslin bag I'm thinking for 25.00 retail as the bags run about 2 bucks each.  And then you could always put in a box with an open front so the customer could see the label.

Amber-Straight-Sided-Jar_2%201.jpg

Trappeur

• Like 3

I think the jars, especially the black jar, is very simple and graceful looking. You could find jars like that at places like Alibaba but you need to order in bulk. But you should check it out because some jars you can order in smaller bulk orders. I think I may have seen them elsewhere but can't remember for sure.

I also like the look of the bag but my instinct tells me it would be problematic. I think they would look great if the bags were printed. I think stamping a bag may not look that nice. I could be wrong. I also think the ink could bleed or stain or not come out even or be blotchy. The other problem with the bag is it will look shabby from dust and wear such as packing, unpacking and repacking, displaying, etc., so to counter that you would need to put the bagged candle in a box. But if you can find a bag that fits better it may have a better chance of not getting bunged up.

Depends on the material too. Canvas bag instead of burlap or at least a very starchy stiff material that will keep its shape would work.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Many of the common colored glass bottles are spray color, I found out... SKS had/might still have the colored bostons that were sprayed.

If the candle is wicked well, and the adhesive from the label does not melt off I bet a thin spray coating to black frost might be fine on the outside. Think of how many people use mod podge successfully on candle containers.

i package purchases in stamped muslin bags for my summer brand. People LOVE it. Many collect the bags to use year round. Some collect and return to me to reuse for future purchases. It is the final bag, not presented on the shelf, though. 

There is a plastic lid with 2 sniff holes that fits that amber jar that Candle Science sells.  I know General Wax's candle supply store sells them, I'm sure others do as well.  Not really an upscale look but if the final product is bagged or boxed nicely it could work.

I love the look of the muslin bags but I would tend bag up before displaying.  Worse than a plastic lid is dust that settled on an uncolored candle.

Trappeur,

I used to be a sales rep for the gift and stationery industry and we repped Skeem candles (that is the first photo). I talked to the owner and those were custom made just for the Terrain placement. They are part of the Anthropologie brand. The gold foil "label" is actually printed directly onto the glass.

She does amazing work and her vessels are beautiful. 

Jody

I love the first jar Trappeur and I agree....our suppliers should be out there looking for all those "different" jars etc that would make our products stand out...but I guess they have to buy so much at a time of everything that it is not cost effective. But wouldn't it be so nice! :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love!! i love Brookyln candle studio and Skeem's designs. 

the closest pre-made jars like the 1st one is @ Luxury candle supplies, unfortunately they are in Australia ;-( and the shipping is outrageous. 

I WISH there was a US based supplier.

i got some from them a while back and love them, we'll see how they sell during the holiday season. ( the metallic jars)

https://luxurycandlesupplies.com/

Screenshot_20160919-130317.jpg

• Like 3

On September 11, 2016 at 0:37 PM, TallTayl said:

I love cruising couronneco.com for unique glass containers.

oohhh never hear of them. thanks, I'll have to check them out . BTW .... HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH LOL !  Your like a walking library lol ! 

• Like 1