Favorite fragrance oil suppliers?

Zeep

Hey y'all!  

I'm looking to expand out a little on my FO suppliers.  I currently use the same 3-4 companies but am looking to try a few new scents that they don't care.  Who have you found with good quality oils that you recommend?  I like Fragrance Buddy, Just Scent, Candle Science, and a few from WSP (although they are always so so pricey and I find they tend to work better in bath and body than in wax for some reason).  

I use oils from JS, Nature's Gardens, Peak, Lonestar, Candlewic, Indiana Candle Supply, Candle Science, Aztec, Cajun, The Candle Source, Fragrance Buddy, Texas Candle Supply, Tennessee, Rustic Escentials, and a couple more that I can't think of but those are my main suppliers. 

Edited by Belinda
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

I use oils from JS, Nature's Gardens, Peak, Lonestar, Candlewic, Indiana Candle Supply, Candle Science, Aztec, Cajun, The Candle Source, Fragrance Buddy, Texas Candle Supply, Tennessee, Rustic Escentials, and a couple more that I can't think of but those are my main suppliers. 

I think it would of been easier for you to just mention the ones you don't use!!!! LOL just kidding honey! ;);) Belinda is the QUEEN of Fragrance! And the sweetest person you'll ever meet!!!! :):);) 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest OldGlory

For me, using too many suppliers really cut into my profit. Shipping costs are ridiculous. After being in business for 15 years, I've tried a lot of new FOs already so I'm not as curious as someone who is new to the biz.

I narrowed my choice of suppliers down to a few - Aztec ( local to me), Bittercreek, and Candle Science. I am going to add AFI (minimum order 10 lbs per FO) because I can save a bundle on a few FOs that I use a lot of.  I buy 4 or more 1 lb bottles when something is being shipped to avoid having to pay shipping again in a few months.

Aztec offers a great deal on 5 one oz. bottles of FO each month for $5. It's a great way to try new scents, or to add 2 or 3 bottles for a slow seller. They will ship them for less than $7 (USPS) and they are super quick. If you order before noon they usually ship it that day.

• Like 2

My top favorites have been Fragrance Buddy and The Flaming Candle though there's many I'm a fan of too. I've been going through all my scents to see how they smell once the FO dries and Rustic Escentuals (though I've always liked them) has really surprised me with scents that were icky out of the bottle when I first smelled them.

On May 22, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Daisymay66 said:

I think it would of been easier for you to just mention the ones you don't use!!!! LOL just kidding honey! ;);) Belinda is the QUEEN of Fragrance! And the sweetest person you'll ever meet!!!! :):);) 

Awww, thank you so much! You're pretty sweet yourself :)

• Like 3

I'm like Old Glory. I've cut back on my FO suppliers because I just hate paying shipping for buying a bottle here and a bottle there..... So I buy my bottles in bulk from fewer suppliers. Also, suppliers that are close enough to do a day drive like Peaks and Fillmore I can save even more by driving out and picking up myself.

So with that in mind I use a lot of CS, C&S, Peaks, and Fillmore because they are all one state away from me and all are within driving distance except CS. CS ships fast and their rates aren't astronomical like other suppliers.

I also buy from EBB but that is because they have great FOs and cheaper shipping than AH. So I switched FOs I use from AH to ones from EBB and save even more.

I do buy a few from FB because they have good prices on FOs and shipping.

Next I am going to try out FOs from Maple Street Candle supply because they are also in PA so they are close enough to save on shipping.

My favorite fragrance oil suppliers have changed through the years.  Now I order the most from Nature's Garden and Aztec.  You can't beat Nature's Garden shipping charges.My last order was $100 and the shipping was $10.  I like Aztec's sales and several of their FO's are my most popular scents.

I also like Mill Creek, here in my home state of Indiana.  Their prices are a little higher than Nature's Garden and Aztec but I really like several of their FO's.  I also like the sample pack deal.  2 oz of each fragrance instead of just one.

I do order from others from time to time, like Rustic Essentuals and Candlescience. I've ordered from Fragrance Buddy once, and I like what I got. May try them again sometime.

• 10 months later...
On 6/3/2016 at 9:45 PM, GailC said:

My favorite fragrance oil suppliers have changed through the years.  Now I order the most from Nature's Garden and Aztec.  You can't beat Nature's Garden shipping charges.My last order was $100 and the shipping was $10.  I like Aztec's sales and several of their FO's are my most popular scents.

I also like Mill Creek, here in my home state of Indiana.  Their prices are a little higher than Nature's Garden and Aztec but I really like several of their FO's.  I also like the sample pack deal.  2 oz of each fragrance instead of just one.

I do order from others from time to time, like Rustic Essentuals and Candlescience. I've ordered from Fragrance Buddy once, and I like what I got. May try them again sometime.

May I ask which oils you like from Millcreek?  I love their cozy home and am thinking of placing another order to try more.  Haven't heard much on this company lately.

2 hours ago, lovelyscents said:

May I ask which oils you like from Millcreek?  I love their cozy home and am thinking of placing another order to try more.  Haven't heard much on this company lately.

I like a lot of their oils.  In fact, the name of one of their FO's, High Cotton, inspired me to start a new line of Country Candles.  I use jelly jars with rustic lids and brown Kraft labels. High Cotton is a very nice clean fragrance, and some of my customers love it.  I also like Backroads, which is a Yankee Stormwatch type.  My friend told me Backroads is the closest dupe she's found to Stormwatch which she can only find online now. Also in my country line, I like Southern Hospitality (Juniper Breeze type) and Grandma's Kitchen. I haven't used Hillbilly Homebrew in my country candles yet, but I changed the name to Autumn Spice and sold several in my regular jars.

Other FO's I like from Mill Creek are Seaside, Raspberry Cream, and Pear & Vanilla Bean. I'm not a floral fan, but Lilac Breeze is good for those who are.  I made soap with Japanese Cherry blossom, which I loved, but it wasn't popular in candles.

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar and Splendid Butter Pecan are good nutty fragrances.  Mango Papaya is a good tropical fragrance. So is Monkey Farts, a little different from Nature's Garden. But I like that FO from both places and got a second bottle from NG because it's cheaper there. 

I ordered a sample of Bayberry and liked it OOB so ordered a large bottle for this Christmas.  I've gotten other samples that I like and will probably order larger bottles one of these days.  I didn't like Tranquil, but others might.  

• Like 3

On 5/22/2016 at 10:50 PM, Daisymay66 said:

DITTO.....DITTO....DITTO....

TRAPPEUR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've tried different suppliers over time just because they'll have an FO I can't get anywhere else, but honestly I feel I get my money's worth most from Rustic Escentuals.  I make small batches of wax melts, and their bottles just seem to stretch a little further than most other suppliers...I just wish they'd stop sending me pens.  I have too many pens!  Ha ha!  That being said, as far as selection goes I love Nature's Garden and their shipping costs are a lot more reasonable.  I live in Nebraska and there are no warehouses anywhere near me.  If there were I'd definitely stick with one I could drive to just to save the hassle of shipping.  I'm glad you guys listed a bunch of places I've never heard of.  I think it really helps to try them all out with small orders and figure out which ones you like best.  I haven't tried Candle Science or Aztec yet.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2017 at 2:03 PM, maryta said:

Try Backwoods!!!   Everything I've tried from them smells wonderful... both in wax and melt and pour soap.

I agree! I love what oils I have from them. My only complaint is they don't have very many to choose from. I wish they would add more FO's to their line, like any of us need anymore oils, right! LOL! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2017 at 3:03 PM, maryta said:

Try Backwoods!!!   Everything I've tried from them smells wonderful... both in wax and melt and pour soap.

Why did I click on this thread??  I've never tried Backwoods but now I want to. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/3/2016 at 5:42 PM, Candybee said:

I'm like Old Glory. I've cut back on my FO suppliers because I just hate paying shipping for buying a bottle here and a bottle there..... So I buy my bottles in bulk from fewer suppliers. Also, suppliers that are close enough to do a day drive like Peaks and Fillmore I can save even more by driving out and picking up myself.

So with that in mind I use a lot of CS, C&S, Peaks, and Fillmore because they are all one state away from me and all are within driving distance except CS. CS ships fast and their rates aren't astronomical like other suppliers.

I also buy from EBB but that is because they have great FOs and cheaper shipping than AH. So I switched FOs I use from AH to ones from EBB and save even more.

I do buy a few from FB because they have good prices on FOs and shipping.

Next I am going to try out FOs from Maple Street Candle supply because they are also in PA so they are close enough to save on shipping.

I give up...what is EBB?  I looked on the Supplier Abbreviations thread but it wasn't listed.  

Wait...I may have it!  Elements Bath & Body?  I've ordered from them.  They took over Bluegrass Candles which used to be 1/2 hour away from me. :(

Edited by GailC
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, moonshine said:

Elements bath and body I believe 

great oils! 

You posted as I was editing mine. :)  Thanks!  I think we have it by Jove!  

I was very sad when Bluegrass Candle Supply in Indianapolis went out of business.  She had the wax I use and everything.