Pumpkin Favorites

Daisymay66

Have y'all tried NG's Pilgrims pie? I LOVE it! It's a real primitive scent, if that makes any sense. It's one of my favorites right now. I also love WSP's pumpkin crunch and sweet pumpkin spice. I know they're kind of high so I order the two ounce bottles. I really like them!

But Pilgrims pie is a must try try in my opinion!

Hmm, perhaps NG's Pilgrims pie is another one to add to my list... Not sure what you mean by "primitive" scent, though, but hope it doesn't mean that it smells like a pair of wet, stale socks, lol

Jackbenimble, you're right, LS's Butternut pumpkin does throw great in my paraffin; glad to read it also throws well in soy  :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

I'm not even sure what I mean by primitive LOL! I guess what you would think of in a colonial home. It's spicy with a hint of smokiness to it. I absolutely love it! I mixed it with brown sugar and pecans and DS brown sugar and called it colonial hearth. I only ordered an 8 ounce bottle but I'm about to other a pound.

Also, RE has one called autumn spice that's really good. It's not pumpkin but it's different in a good way. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I do a killer blend from CS of 45% Pumpkin Souffle /45% Pumpkin Pie/10% Cinnamon Stick....sold the devil out of it last year and plan to do the same this year :yes:  ....awesome scent! :)

I bought some Granny's Pumpkin Pie FO from the Candlemaker's store and tried your blend.  It smells delicious, but to me the Pumpkin Souffle overpowers the other scents, and that's what I smell, which is fine by me.

I made some candles from Granny's Pumpkin Pie FO by itself, and it wasn't nearly as strong and good to me, but when I have people smell both candles, some actually prefer it.  One person said it smelled more like pumpkin pie. 

So I guess I'll make both kinds.  :)

• Like 1

I bought some Granny's Pumpkin Pie FO from the Candlemaker's store and tried your blend.  It smells delicious, but to me the Pumpkin Souffle overpowers the other scents, and that's what I smell, which is fine by me.

I made some candles from Granny's Pumpkin Pie FO by itself, and it wasn't nearly as strong and good to me, but when I have people smell both candles, some actually prefer it.  One person said it smelled more like pumpkin pie. 

So I guess I'll make both kinds.   :)

You know what GailC. You can make 20 different types of Pumpkin candles and 20 different people will pick a different one they like. Isn't it so interesting to see just what your customers like? :) Sometimes it really surprises you. So glad you tried the blend. :)

• Like 1

I love OT pumpkin pie. I usually mix it with Amish Harvest (although it's wonderful by itself, too). If I want something spicier, I mix it with JS pumpkin pie spice (have to wick up with that one).

Edited by RWV

You know what GailC. You can make 20 different types of Pumpkin candles and 20 different people will pick a different one they like. Isn't it so interesting to see just what your customers like? :) Sometimes it really surprises you. So glad you tried the blend. :)

I have to remind myself sometimes that everyone doesn't like the exact same fragrances I do.  For instance, some people actually LIKE florals.  :)  

Guess that's why there are upteen thousand different fragrance oils out there.  Our noses are as unique as we are.  :)  

• Like 1

I keep coming back to this thread to figure out what scents I would like to try but am getting more confused by the minute with 85 replies and 5 pages long.  

Geesh!

Trappeur

Perhaps the answer is there are no bad pumpkin FO's. :)  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice, pumpkin souffle, pumpkin apple, pumpkin maple, pumpkin vanilla; it's all good.  

I hope that is so, because I'm getting ready to place an order with Flaming Candle for the first time.  I asked this on another thread, but thought I'd put it out here too.  Has anyone tried their pumpkin fragrances.  They have a pumpkin souffle and I'm wondering how it compares to CS pumpkin souffle.  TIA.

Witnessed the mighty wiff of my Pumpkin creation I had melding together during a vacation I took. Walked in the door and was bombarded with Pumpkiny goodness. The blend is a combo of Honeycomb, Pimento, Nutmeg and Pineapple.

Ok do tell....this sounds amazing.  I'd love to make it for me only!!

I just mixed the best pumpkin scent I ever smelled! EVER!!!

I was running low on my pumpkin blend (CS pumpkin pie and pumpkin souffle I mix 50/50%). So I looked to see what I had in stock and I had some Pumpkin pie spice from AH/RE. So I mixed that in with it and made candles for this weekends show. OMG they are soooooo good!

Its wonderful I now have a mix I am totally in love with-- the problem is now I have to buy 3 FOs from 2 vendors to make it.

Here's the blend:

30% CS pumpkin pie

30% CS pumpkin souffle

40% AH pumpkin pie spice

• Like 3

You always have the greatest blends Candybee I swear.  I always look forward to seeing what you put up and I have a piece of paper next to my computer where I keep a list of your custom blends.....

Yep, and so true....that's horrible when you have to order from a different company for each scent to get your own creation made....an expensive one to boot!

Trappeur

• Like 2

Perhaps the answer is there are no bad pumpkin FO's. :)  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice, pumpkin souffle, pumpkin apple, pumpkin maple, pumpkin vanilla; it's all good.  

I hope that is so, because I'm getting ready to place an order with Flaming Candle for the first time.  I asked this on another thread, but thought I'd put it out here too.  Has anyone tried their pumpkin fragrances.  They have a pumpkin souffle and I'm wondering how it compares to CS pumpkin souffle.  TIA.

Hi Gail,

So far, CS pumpkin souflee is hands down a winner for me.

I just got in from Flaming Candle Pumpkin Pecan Waffles that I'm waiting for the cure time to finish so I can burn.  OMG, it sure smells absolutely so homey, rich and delicious!  I hope it burns and smells as good as it is sitting there in the wax.

Oh, another one I just got from them is Sugared Pralines.....Awesome scent on this one.......

If you haven't placed your order yet, try the Sugar Cookie Royal (the dupe of Moonworks).....I did have to bump up from 6% to 7% for me on this one (something I don't normally do), but I really love so far.

One thing I got that I haven't put in wax yet is Witches Brew.....It sounded great.....but I don't like.....

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

Hi Gail,

So far, CS pumpkin souflee is hands down a winner for me.

I just got in from Flaming Candle Pumpkin Pecan Waffles that I'm waiting for the cure time to finish so I can burn.  OMG, it sure smells absolutely so homey, rich and delicious!  I hope it burns and smells as good as it is sitting there in the wax.

Oh, another one I just got from them is Sugared Pralines.....Awesome scent on this one.......

If you haven't placed your order yet, try the Sugar Cookie Royal (the dupe of Moonworks).....I did have to bump up from 6% to 7% for me on this one (something I don't normally do), but I really love so far.

One thing I got that I haven't put in wax yet is Witches Brew.....It sounded great.....but I don't like.....

Trappeur

Thanks for the reply.  I held off on ordering from Flaming Candle.  I bought a few containers at the Goodwill first to experiment making layered candles.  I have recently placed two orders with The Candlemakers Store, and I need to slow down a little!

I didn't figure anyone else's pumpkin souffle could compare to CS.  My goodness, that stuff is strong!  I would like to try the Pumpkin Pecan and Sugared Pralines.  My philosophy is one can never ever have too many fragrance oils.  :)

• Like 2

Ok do tell....this sounds amazing.  I'd love to make it for me only!!

Primitive Pumpkin

.33 Honeycomb . 33 Pineapple .33 blend of Nutmeg  + Pimento Keynote (All FOs from Save on Scents)

It's very homey rustic aroma. It's not overly spicy and has a great sweetly pumpkin smell.

I'll experiment tomorrow with a little tobacco FO and see what that does to it. But as is, it's steller!

Edited by rctfavr3
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

I do a killer blend from CS of 45% Pumpkin Souffle /45% Pumpkin Pie/10% Cinnamon Stick....sold the devil out of it last year and plan to do the same this year :yes:  ....awesome scent! :)

Thank you so much for sharing this blend! I don't like the Souffle by itself and the Pie isn't super strong to me. I poured your blend today and it smells awesome cold. Like a lot of people, I'm still trying to find THE ONE pumpkin scent I can't live without. Can't wait to burn yours soon! :)

• Like 1