Pumpkin Favorites

Daisymay66

The "Cinnamon Crumble" warming oil at Walmart or something to that affect smells a lot like a freshly carved pumpkin to my nose. It doesn't throw all that well, and I'd NEVER use it in a candle but I might have someone dupe it after I tweak the scent a little. What's funny is that I would never consider this a cinnamon-type fragrance oil. I'm going to try mixing it with a little carrot seed EO to give it some added earthiness and hope to have it duped for candle use.

BTW,

It's worth noting that most Pumpkin FOs are nothing more than a heavy Vanilla scented base with a hint of Cinnamon or other light spices (Nutmeg). In some instances Carrot Seed EO has been used to give the fragrance some body and added earthy warmth. Most of the time It's just a 85:15 blend of Vanilla(and it's similar smelling brethren) paired with a mild cinnamon spice. Kinda lame, but true.

Edited by rctfavr3
  • Like 1

BTW,

It's worth noting that most Pumpkin FOs are nothing more than a heavy Vanilla scented base with a hint of Cinnamon or other light spices (Nutmeg). In some instances Carrot Seed EO has been used to give the fragrance some body and added earthy warmth. Most of the time It's just a 85:15 blend of Vanilla(and it's similar smelling brethren) paired with a mild cinnamon spice. Kinda lame, but true.

How about that. I wouldn't have guessed, some of the pumpkins smell so.....well, pumpkiny! :D

I went to bath and body works yesterday and they had a candle going in pumpkin pecan waffles and it smelled great.....this coming from someone that would never order a oil named that because I hate food scents- it was not overly sweet and had spice and you could smell the pecans and waffles

Does anyone know off hand of a oil that would fit that description?

The spiciest pumpkin I have ever found is Pumpkin Pie Spice from Just Scent. Smells like Yankees. Also, they carry Pumpkin Pecan Waffles.

They also carry a whole lot of other pumpkin types including a pumpkin marshmellow I never heard of but doesn't that sound yummy?!! Also, Pumpkin Butter (brulee) Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Carving, and many more.

Edited by Candybee

The spiciest pumpkin I have ever found is Pumpkin Pie Spice from Just Scent. Smells like Yankees. Also, they carry Pumpkin Pecan Waffles.

They also carry a whole lot of other pumpkin types including a pumpkin marshmellow I never heard of but doesn't that sound yummy?!! Also, Pumpkin Butter (brulee) Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Carving, and many more.

I counted 2 dozen (that's 24 folks!) different pumpkins on her site! :D

I counted 2 dozen (that's 24 folks!) different pumpkins on her site! :D

I only tried her oils one time..probably 5-6 years ago..I must of picked ones that just weren't liking soy wax :( but now I seen this post and want to look so bad but just went and counted how many 1oz samples I have to try and there 167. Like oh my gosh..but pumpkin scents are my ALL TIME FAVORITE! And 24 different ones..oh Lord help me :( Pumpkin Marshmallow..that sounds soooo yummy! Has anyone tried any of her pumpkin ones and like them! I've yet to find that perfect pumpkin..maybe it's at JS! :)

I'm with you, Daisymae. I tried their oils years ago and found that there were very few I could get to throw in soy, but I also consider myself a Pumpkin fanatic!! 24 different pumpkins...WOW! There just isn't enough time in the day! I must say it is tempting though to order a few...dozen...lol

Candybee, any must haves?

• Like 1

I'm with you, Daisymae. I tried their oils years ago and found that there were very few I could get to throw in soy, but I also consider myself a Pumpkin fanatic!! 24 different pumpkins...WOW! There just isn't enough time in the day! I must say it is tempting though to order a few...dozen...lol

Candybee, any must haves?

Same here. I tried their oils years ago and some worked great while others not so much. Its pretty much the same as other suppliers. I did like their pumpkin pie spice but it was just a bit too spicey for my taste. I have since moved on to CS pumpkin souffle and pumpkin pie which I like much better.

I do remember they also have a really good Nana's Apple Butter. Not sure if they still have it? Its another super spicy apple blend. Almost toxically spicy if you kwim. LOL

Found it-- its on page 1 of their FO listing. Look for apple butter. It's really Nana's Old Fashioned Apple Butter. I would use this at 3-5% its that strong.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

I have JS pumpkin pie spice and don't really care for it. Candybee, it's yours if you want it. Just let me know.  I've been needing to narrow down my FO's! LOL!

Belinda thanks for the generous offer. But I have moved on to CS pumpkin souffle. I just thought those that want a super spicy pumpkin pie should know about this one. It is really spicey. So much so I would cut back on my %.

• Like 1

Poured two new ones for me, both from LS.  I always liked CS Pumpkin soufflé, but for some reason it started giving off a smell like something was burning/scorching, lol

Will test these LS fragrances in a day or so... they sure smelled GREAT in the pot, and I love, love, love pumpkin fragrances!

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/fragranceoils_pumpkin-pie-spice.html

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/fragranceoils_pumpkin-pickin.html

• Like 1

Ravens those sound really good

I have tried in the past over and over to use LS but couldn't get any throw from any of their oils

I just may have to try again...

Well, I think I know what you mean.  I have learned to be very selective with their oils, 'cause many of them are duds in my waxes (so much for paraffin throwing with any oil, lol).  But over the years I have found several that are really, really good.  For example, their birthday cake.... took me forever to give it a try, but once I did - that's it, Lonestar's the one!

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/fragranceoils_birthday-cake.html

Yeah, you're not the only one with LS FOs throw issues, if it's any consolation.  :wink2:

• Like 2

Lol... And I liked so many of them too! They did okay in melts but out in a candle and it didn't like my formula and I wasn't about to retest wicks just for those oils but I may revisit them and see how they do in my parasoy

I do remember autumn lodge did good and Tuscan something.... But that was several years ago also and I may even still have some 1 ouncers I should dig out and test again

Have y'all tried NG's Pilgrims pie? I LOVE it! It's a real primitive scent, if that makes any sense. It's one of my favorites right now. I also love WSP's pumpkin crunch and sweet pumpkin spice. I know they're kind of high so I order the two ounce bottles. I really like them!

But Pilgrims pie is a must try try in my opinion!

• Like 1