Pumpkin Favorites

Daisymay66

I mix CS Pumpkin Souffle with Pumpkin Pie too! I don't detect a burnt smell at all. I do if I use only Pumpkin Souffle on its own. I do like the idea of adding a bit of cinnamon to it. May try that this year. But I am definitely going with my Pumpkin Gingerbread blend again this year.

Now I am looking for a lovely fall leaves fragrance..

Have you tried Fallen Leaf from Candle Cocoon?

Puma! Thanks for that idea! I wanted a sweet pumpkin (CS pumpkin soufflé) and a spicy pumpkin. So if I find a pumpkin I like that isn't spicy enough, I'll just add some cinnamon stick.

Does anyone have any opinions on Nature's Garden vs Candlesciene for their pumpkin pie scents?

I mix CS Pumpkin Souffle with Pumpkin Pie too! I don't detect a burnt smell at all. I do if I use only Pumpkin Souffle on its own. I do like the idea of adding a bit of cinnamon to it. May try that this year. But I am definitely going with my Pumpkin Gingerbread blend again this year.

Now I am looking for a lovely fall leaves fragrance..

I do not detect a burnt smell either, but that's my nose. :) I know everyone's smeller is different. I'm lazy about the name on the blend...I just call it Pumpkin Souffle because I just simply love the name.  I buy the Bubbles & Lights Autumn Leaves from BCN and I think I am going to blend it with the scent Dirt (from WSP- been eyeballing this one for awhile everyone raves about this scent and it will just add "something" earthy which Fall smells like), either Peak's Midsummer's Night, Stormwatch or Twilight Woods with a touch of Pumpkin Pie....call it Autumn Moon, Halloween Night, Midnight Moon, Fall Eve, Thanksgiving Eve... something like that....oh I love Fall & Christmas candle making !!!  :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 3

Puma! Thanks for that idea! I wanted a sweet pumpkin (CS pumpkin soufflé) and a spicy pumpkin. So if I find a pumpkin I like that isn't spicy enough, I'll just add some cinnamon stick.

Does anyone have any opinions on Nature's Garden vs Candlesciene for their pumpkin pie scents?

You are welcome! I had hunted a long time for a great Pumpkin Pie and I stopped when I found Candlescience's and the Pumpkin Souffle was just icing on the cake! :)The Cinnamon Stick just added the kick. I am thinking of adding a touch of Crème Brulee to the blend this year too....can't have too much goodness for our customers! :)

• Like 3

Last year I mixed CS Pumpkin Souffle with Buttercream for Pumpkin Buttercream. It smelled good but ended up not having a strong throw. I think mixing it with Creme Brulee or a good Vanilla would work nice.

Chandlerwicks and Puma-- thanks for the fall leaves fragrance tips! If I missed anyone thank you. I will reread the thread and write down the scent names to check them out.

• Like 1

I think Jackbenimble had a great scent blend idea a few years back on the threads...I don't have time to look it up today.  But, it was a great idea of (if I remember right) an orange clove, autumn leaves & pumpkin type...maybe a little hayride too...I did that myself afterward ... dang that's good as well. 

• Like 1

I do a killer blend from CS of 45% Pumpkin Souffle /45% Pumpkin Pie/10% Cinnamon Stick....sold the devil out of it last year and plan to do the same this year :yes:  ....awesome scent! :)

I don't have any pumpkin pie but I think I'll add a little cinnamon Stick to my pumpkin souffle next time. Thanks puma.

Here it is still July and this thread is making me think fall.....autumn leaves, jack-o-lanterns, and the aroma of spicy candles.  :)

• Like 3

I don't have any pumpkin pie but I think I'll add a little cinnamon Stick to my pumpkin souffle next time. Thanks puma.

Here it is still July and this thread is making me think fall.....autumn leaves, jack-o-lanterns, and the aroma of spicy candles.   :)

I know....hotter than heck and we are thinking of Fall.....but it is coming fast and will be here before we know it.  Right now is the time to start talking about Fall and Christmas scents....YEA!!! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

That sounds amazing!

I have tried CS ps and pumpkin pie 50/50 and it still smelled burnt to me- I am going to give this combo a try...thanks!

I really hope you like it Moonshine! The cinnamon stick just really adds something and I think I will add some crème brulee  (Cajun...yumm) to it this year....it HAS to add just more yumminess! :) I love blending and by luck this one turned out great. :)  

It is time to be thinking and stocking for fall. I usually have all my fall candles ready by September for the fall shows. I make them in August so I don't have a whole lot of time not to be thinking of them.

We really need a new fall fragrance thread so we can get ideas of what works and what is out there. I find the fall fragrance threads give me ideas for new scents and blends.

• Like 2

We really need a new fall fragrance thread so we can get ideas of what works and what is out there. I find the fall fragrance threads give me ideas for new scents and blends.

100% Agree Candybee!!  Thread .......Please? :)

Here it is still July and this thread is making me think fall.....autumn leaves, jack-o-lanterns, and the aroma of spicy candles.  :)

How do you wick this combo?

I've been trying like forever to wick anything with CS pumpkin soufflé & not successful.

I use 4630 & tried many wicks.

How do you wick this combo?

I've been trying like forever to wick anything with CS pumpkin soufflé & not successful.

I use 4630 & tried many wicks.

Well, I haven't tried the combo yet, but with any fragrance I use GW444 and mostly always use ECO wicks.  Haven't had any problems with pumpkin souffle and ECO wicks.  

Is ICS Fall Festival the same as MW Fall Festival the same as Indigo Fall festival?

Also who duped MW Fall Festival and does it have a better throw now?  I adored that scent but never could get it to throw in my wax at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I found last year that my customers want the nutmeggiest, cloviest, gingeriest "pumpkin pie" they can find.  It's all about the spices.  Can anybody recommend an FO like that?  Most people are looking to temper the spices, but I need to spice it up!

Some of my favorite pumpkin blends:

The Great Pumpkin - Candlesource

Pumpkin Pie Spice (KY) - closest I have come to finding Yank's Spiced Pumpkin

Apple Pie + Pumpkin Ginger Streusel

Pumpkin Souffle + Pumpkin Creme Brulee

Pumpkin harvest Chai (CW)

Pumpkin Spiced Latte (ICS)

Pumpkin + Maple Syrup

I've been dabbling with mixing scents and I'm really grateful for the advice here.

I took Puma's advice to add some cinnamon stick to CS's pumpkin pie to give it a little kick and really differentiate it from the pumpkin soufflé. Worked great.

And Candybee saved me a whole lot of trial and error with the recommendation of 2 parts cinnamon to 1 part mac apple. I really would have thought it was the other way around. But now I have the perfect apple cinnamon!

Now to my question: a lot of people have been requesting a pumpkin apple scent. I suppose it's because both Yank and B&BW both debuted one this year. No matter what I do, I can't get a scent where you pick up both the apple and the pumpkin notes. If you smell the apple at all, that's all you can smell.

I have CS's mac apple, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin soufflé. Any advice would be appreciated. (As well as cinnamon stick, creme brûlée if those are something you think I should incorporate)

Happy blending, folks! :)

Amanda a pumpkin apple spice sounds really good! With those FOs on hand I think I would try 30% each of macapple, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin souffle. Then add 10% cinnamon stick. That should be enough to tame the strong apple and still give you lovely pumpkin and spice notes:

30% MacIntosh Apple

30% Pumpkin Pie

30% Pumpkin Souffle

10% Cinnamon Stick

• Like 4

I think Jackbenimble had a great scent blend idea a few years back on the threads...I don't have time to look it up today. But, it was a great idea of (if I remember right) an orange clove, autumn leaves & pumpkin type...maybe a little hayride too...I did that myself afterward ... dang that's good as well.

Thank you for the shout out! I came up with this a blend kinda on the fly from a bunch of samples I had. I'm not sure on the % of anything but I used these FO

Bonfire Bliss

Any Pumpkin with not much spice

Apple

Autumn harvest

Cider

A bit of citrus

Never could think of a good name though :-(

• Like 2