Aztec FO's

kforbs126

Top.

Currently testing Aztec's Capri Blue Volcano dupe.

It smells amazing but isn't very strong.

7% in 6006, 5 day cure.

Anyone else try it yet?

(Also- I feel like a little kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar-- I know I should have let it cure longer, but I wanted to see what it smelled like SO BAD. hehe)

• 1 month later...

Gail, I choose gingerbread as my 1oz free sample when I ordered from Aztec and made myself a gingerbread latte candle in a mason jar, while the candle was a touch overwicked, I really liked the gingerbread scent. Very spicy and genuine. Great throw in 6006. I will be ordering a pound of it for the holidays.

Also, Aztec had a shipping option now where for 5.60, they will ship up to 2 one pound bottles of FO in a padded usps envelope, which is awesome if you only need a few things.

Still curious what others thought of Aztec's Capri Blue Volcano dupe. I'm worried it's a bit weak :/ Hopefully with a different wick will help?

Thanks, Amanda.  I was debating between two suppliers and you helped me make up my mind.  Besides Aztec is offering a one day wax on wax and I want to try it...PLUS their email newsletter has a discount code that you get by texting.  So what a deal, right?!

Got my new Aztec FO's today. Boy! That was fast.  I ordered on the 15th late at night.  They shipped it yesterday and it arrived this afternoon!

My favorites OOB are Caramel Pecan Pie and after that, Pumpkin Cheesecake.

I actually liked every one of the fragrances OOB.

Toasted Marshmallow

Baked Apple Pie

Lavender (very nice!)

Gingerbread

Christmas Tree Farm

Closeout Cinnamon Bun

I love that for every 8 and 16 oz bottle I bought, I got a free 1 oz sample which were:

Georgia Peach - smells just like a peach

Wisteria - nice!

Sweet Pea - also nice (and I'm not crazy about florals.  I will put these two in soap)

Cream Brulee (Yum!)

Amish Harvest

Victorian Christmas

Orange Blossom - really like this one

Oatmeal and Honey - for some reason this smelled like almond to me.

Tomorrow, I'm making some Caramel Pecan Pie candles.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago I made a candle in BCS Citrus Splash and my friend went on and on about how it smelled exactly like Volcano (which I actually had never heard of and forgot all about until reading this very post).

That is just a suggestion/alternative for the person above who didn't have luck with the Aztec dupe.  

• 4 months later...
Guest OldGlory

Aztec is having a one day sale March 5th.(edited) ... you are limited to one bottle of each fragrance. The email says you can preload your shopping cart but that the savings is valid only March 5th. They offer 2 lb bottles of everything and for many of you that is all you need to get thru a season.

So I'll start this list again:

Here's what I use with success (I use 464 and 6006, but I add 464 to the 6006):

Caramel Pecan Pie

Tobacco

Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar

Apple Pie

Love Spell

Blackberry Sage,

Mistletoe Kisses

Fresh Cut Christmas Tree

Mango papaya

Cranberry (crisp and tart)

Rain

Edited by OldGlory

I've only recently discovered my love of Aztec FOs, so my list is short (for now!) but I'd like to add some recommendations:

-Capri Blue Volcano dupe (GREAT SELLER!)

-Kentucky Bourbon (caramelly and sweet with a bit of a rye bite to it)

-Cactus and Sea salt

-Sea Minerals (a bit salty and super fresh/clean)

-Fresh Cut Grass

-Cantaloupe and Lily

I'm excited about this sale. I'm going to stock the heck up!

• Like 1

The Caramel Pecan Pie is yummy so I'm going to buy some more.

Plus right now in my cart:

Hyacinth and Caribbean Breeze because they're at a special intro price

Plumeria

Forever Red

Sage

Also maybe Blueberry Cobbler because of all the rave reviews there, but I do love the Blueberry Cobbler I ordered from Cierra Candles.

Has anyone tried Aztec's Plumeria or Forever Red?

Has anyone tried Aztec's Plumeria or Forever Red?

I love their Forever Red. It fades just a touch in CP but not enough to make me not keep it. It smells almost identical to B&BW's Forever Red also. I got it because that perfume is my daughters favorite. I like it and would recommend it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought several samples from them, here is the list. Its only been three days of cure time but I had to try some, so far very disappointed. Wax is a Parrifin Soy blend, I even did them at 12% because I could tell they were weak just sniff from the bottle. Maybe they will get stronger in a few days but usually that doesn.t happen but just a little.

Christmas Tree Farm-Very chemical smell didnt like

Volcano-Haven't tried yet but smells pretty close to the real thing but weak, and I do have the real candles.

Fresh Cut Christmas Tree-Smells very good but weak

CozyCabin-Smells good but weak

Christmas Splendor-Haven't tried, but smells ok, think I like the smell of NG better.

Smell of Christmas.-Haven't tried but smells good so far, might be the best one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love Aztec scents. I use primarily 6006, and Blueberry Cobbler, Lavender, Creme Brulee and Volcano hit the mark everytime. Also tried Honeysuckle recently and it's amazing, brings back memories of childhood.:)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/28/2013 at 12:49 AM, Guest OldGlory said:

I also use a lot of Aztec fragrance oils, and have been for close to 10 years. I haven't found one yet that I thought was diluted.

I use 464 and 6006 for my wholesale clients. Some of the ones my clients love are Blackberry Sage, Mistletoe Kisses, Apple Jack, Fresh Cut Christmas Tree, Fresh Linen, Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar, Baked Apple Pie, Mjulberry, Cranberry, Rain (people LOVE this scent), Midnight Pomegranate, Lovespell, Caramel Pecan Pie, Lilac (smells just like the flowers on bush in my front yard each spring), and many more. If you have questions about anything specific you can shoot me a pm.

@Guest OldGlory, I wanted to send you a PM but for some reason I am unable to click on your name?  Is there a certain way to get ahold of you?  Thanks so much!  😇

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@Guest OldGlory, I wanted to send you a PM but for some reason I am unable to click on your name?  Is there a certain way to get ahold of you?  Thanks so much!  😇

Old Glory passed away some time ago.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Marleigha said:

She loved & used Aztec oils .Sad she passed away ,miss her here so much .😇

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking about doing their monthly sample special and eyeing Volcano.  Somehow, all this time that I've heard people drooling over Capri Blue Volcano I never thought it was citrusy, but I see that in the description now.  I don't know; I envisioned (ensniffed?) a more outdoorsy, fresh air and maybe sea breeze type of scent.  Is it really all that great?

On 11/2/2018 at 2:34 AM, Marleigha said:

Old Glory passed away a little over a year ago :(