Aztec FO's

kforbs126

I have "Cozy Cabin" and "Candy Corn" in my cart and can't decide what else (need 2 more).  I've got enough Christmas and Autumn scents that I don't really need more of those, and I'm not a big foodie scent fan.  Though I can't really get too much of those so I may cave for "Mistletoe Kisses" and "Mulled Cider" or "Harvest".  I'm looking hard at "Prince Charming", "Oud", and the "SoCal" ones.  Help?

I'm actually not a fan of their Apple Strudel.  I found it to be very light and lacking the proper bakery notes.  Most of Aztec oils have been duds for me so I stopped using them.  The two good ones that did stand out for me were French Vanilla Latte and Maple & Brown Sugar (<~~~~ does have the slightest 'burnt' note to it)

Ordered small sizes of:

Cozy Cabin

Candy Corn

Mistletoe Kisses

SoCal for men

SoCal for women

Abercrobie & Fitch Fierce

Barnwood

Black Cinnamon

And just realized I didn't get a sample size of "Oud", blast it.  The "SoCal" and "Fierce" ones will probably be body sprays/perfume.  "Candy Corn" is going in soap and perfume for me this Fall (yay!).  The others will be candles or tarts.

Received my Aztec FO's today.  :)  I had never even heard of this company, but was wanting to try a new supplier and got on this forum and lo and behold Aztec was having a sale right when I was in the mood for some new FO's.  All because I got some Apple Mango soap from Bath & Body works and wanted to make some Apple Mango candles and soap.

I researched the topic of Aztec to see what you all like then went by some of your recommendations and also got some no one had mentioned.

The FO that came up the most was Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar, so I ordered some, and oh my, one whiff and I ALMOST was wishing it was fall so I could make some candles with it.

Also got the Mango Papaya and some Macintosh Apple. Maybe I'll try mixing those together to see if it's close to B&B's Apple Mango.

The others I got are Wonderberry and Bayside Marina.

For samples I chose some that some of you liked

Cozy Cabin

Blueberry Cobbler

Apple Jack & Peel

Rain

Cost revised Mango Paradise

I like all the fragrances I got OOB. Probably Rain the least.  I bought some Rain from another supplier and didn't care for it much either though.

I was torn between the cheap Mango Paradise and the more expensive Mango Papaya. I'm glad I chose the latter and just got a sample of the Mango Paradise. It's OK but smells about the same as Fruit Slices FO to me.

I really like Bayside Marina for a summery fragrance. Nice and fresh. Most summer fragrances I try are cloying...too sweet or something for me.  I don't care for florals personally. 

I'm not good at describing fragrances, but just thought I'd share what I got.  Now which to make first, candles or soap??

Guest OldGlory

Yay! I'm glad you tried Aztec for fragrances. I buy most of my FOs there. Rain is the top seller at one of my client's stores. Hope you like it better in wax than OOB. :)

Let us know your thoughts when you get them in soap or wax.

Hi Old Glory, I bought a sample of Rain because you said it was a customer favorite. I also went ahead and ordered from Aztec in spite of a few poor reviews because you praised them so highly....and the free shipping didn't hurt either.   :)

So I thank you and Aztec should thank you too!  Although I really don't know if I should thank you because my cabinet is overflowing with bottles of fragrance oil as it is. 

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

Well, if you ordered based on my recommendation, I hope you are happy with your choices! I know my clients are happy. :)

I will play with it further, but right now their A&F Fierce sucks something fierce!  I dabbed a bit on full strength when I first received it and got an awful tar note from it.  Decided to be hopeful it would mellow out when I got it into a product.  It's in a body spray now and that awful note is still there.  Much reduced since it's much diluted now, but I can still detect it.  Ugh. 

• 1 month later...

Did any of you get the sample packs they had on sale recently?  'Eucalyptus Spearmint' was one of the samples included, so I'm hoping to get comments from you all of that since it's on sale now.  Also would appreciate comments on 'Cider Lane' and 'Rosemary Mint'.  I didn't get the sample pack because there were more in it I did not want than any that I did want.

And I neeeeed 'Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar' now that it's almost time for Autumn scents again.

That 'Fierce' and the SoCal ones were terrible from the start and never got better.  I could detect an awful asphalt undernote to them that I've experienced in cheap colognes before.

Edited by Darbla

I was wondering about Rosemary Mint myself.  Also the pumpkin cheesecake.  It's the last day of their sale on new fragrances.  I am burning my 'Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar' candle now.  Hey, it's September! Close enough to fall.  :)  

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

One of my clients buys Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar. She emailed me last week to say that a customer picked one up and uncapped it - and yelled so loud everyone in the store stopped what they were doing. I forgot what words she yelled out but she loved it.

I hate to say this, but I'm not a big fan of the sweet bakery FOs. I test them and can tell that they work or don't work but I prefer the resinous types, herbs, and fruits. So I rely on feedback from clients.

Well my living room is smelling mighty good, and the fragrance is not too sweet for me. (Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar that is.)  I might try adding a little cinnamon next time I make some.

I would ask you, Old Glory, if you like the Rosemary Mint and Pumpkin Cheesecake, but sounds like you like different scents than me.  I do like the bakery scents and fruity scents.  I guess my very favorite fragrance is Apple PIe, or any kind of spiced apple. 

Guest OldGlory

I have not smelled the Rosemary Mint yet, but this same client liked Pumpkin Cheesecake. She also buys Apple Spice/Hot Apple Pie. It is a dead ringer for apple pie baking in your oven and throws great.

I am really loving the Tobacco (not Cedar Tobacco). I am going to play with some blends containing the Tobacco. I've tried this type of FO from a few sources but most of them are too sugary for me. I used to love going into the old style tobacco shops, with those big jars of loose pipe tobacco. Gosh I just love that fragrance. In my next life I would like to have a tobacco shop just so I can smell it every day, lol.

Gail, I haven't tried Aztec's Rosemary Mint. But I like Nature's Garden's Rosemary Mint very much. I originally tried it as a fresh, spring scent but I just kept reordering it year-round because people love.

I just ordered Aztec's new dupe of the blue capri volcano. I have been searching for a dupe of this scent for awhile now, so I'm very excited about finding it. I'll be sure to report back.

I also ordered their candy corn on OldGlory's recommendation.

After reading this thread, I'll be sure to try the sweet potato and brown sugar if I reorder.

• Like 1

I just got in Aztec's Aveda rosemary mint on Thursday- nice and strong oob, and made cp soap with great results! it delays trace so multiple colors can be used for swirling:) scent retention is very good so far in the soap.post-9169-0-27491700-1410050467_thumb.jp

I also got the volcano dupe, and oob has a strong sweet orange smell mostly.

I also got the volcano dupe, and oob has a strong sweet orange smell mostly.

I just got mine yesterday. I detect more of a grapefruit scent than orange. There is a hint of orange, but it's very heavy grapefruit to my nose. 

Either way, very citrusy, and I really like it. Can't wait to soap it! 

Thanks for the soap reviews on the Rosemary mint. I really like this one. I'll be putting it in soap probably next week. 

I also got the Cider Lane and to me it just smells like a spiced apple cider. Nothing too special IMO. 

I just got mine yesterday. I detect more of a grapefruit scent than orange. There is a hint of orange, but it's very heavy grapefruit to my nose. 

Either way, very citrusy, and I really like it. Can't wait to soap it! 

Thanks for the soap reviews on the Rosemary mint. I really like this one. I'll be putting it in soap probably next week. 

I also got the Cider Lane and to me it just smells like a spiced apple cider. Nothing too special IMO.

Well I had to go sniff the volcano dupe again, and my sniffer probably got overwheled by all the fo's the other day..I do smell the grapefruit and orange now, and I like it a lot too! It' s very bright and citrusy for sure and not weak! Hope it sticks in cp...

I actually bought a 2 lb. Bottle of the rosemary mint during the sale and happy I did. It's nice and strong! The soap smells great, and I used about 6% fo in tne batch. This would work great for the peacock swirl. My recipe traces really fast and this is one of those rare fo's that delays trace.

I also soaped Aztecs Forever Red, and like it so far..its a lighter fragrance so I used a higher % when I soaped. I Soaped Cantaloupe Lily too..it accelerates a little but was able to swirl 3 colors..

post-9169-0-20336700-1410065460_thumb.jp

post-9169-0-51976900-1410065500_thumb.jp

• Like 1

How do you it like the forever red? I really like it. It's my daughters favorite at BBW but it's EXPENSIVE there. I mean like double/triple their normal B&B stuff, so I got 2lbs of it also, so I can make it into soaps, lotions,t perfumes, etc., for her. LOL

The Forever Red batch has only been curing a few days, and so far I'm liking It alright. Will have to see at cure how it is..hope it doesn't fade as it is not a strong scent.