Fragrant candle making made simple! A different approach!

I've been making candles, including fragrant ones, for quite some time and it wasn't until today that I learned how wrong it is that I have been doing it.

I just happened upon a site that was really "enlightening".

I wonder what the rest of you think. Should we all try this "simplified" method.

Look how much we will be able to save on shipping great big heavy boxes of ol' nasty wax.

Comments, anyone!

http://www.ehow.com/how_8114094_candle-fragrance-oil-instructions.html

*faint*

At least they allow 3 hrs between pouring & burning.:shocked2:

That's probably to allow you time to pack-up your valuables and keepsakes and load the RV up with your kids, pets and spouse!

My favorite was "allow the candle to cool before using it".

At a ratio of 8 oz oil to 1 oz wax, we would be waiting until infinity. And beyond.

(thinking if we wait for solidification)

Edited by PeggyK

My favorite was "allow the candle to cool before using it".

At a ratio of 8 oz oil to 1 oz wax, we would be waiting until infinity. And beyond.

(thinking if we wait for solidification)

Peggy-do not be crazy-they suggest 12 ounces of FO and EO combined with that whole 1 ounce of beeswax. FINALLY someone who uses more FO per pound of wax than me! haha!!

I have been looking for some way to get hot throw in my soy candles and wondered if essential oils would improve the fragrance, but really, who came up with this recipe of 12 oz oil to 1 oz bees wax, that is just crazy, I can't believe they are serious, major fireball!

I just saw an ad on my local CL. Went to their etsy page...... they also have a unique method of making candles :)

" Our candles are very strong, instead of measuring the scent we just pour it on in. "

Tomorrow Front Porch Candle is debuting their new "squirtable wax." If it's what I saw on another site, it's a thick liquid that comes in a squirtable bottle and you put what you want in your burner. I wish I had saved that other site, but I didn't. I do remember that it had most of the popular scents, but claimed why melt a tart when you can just "squirt" in what you want? I kind of think they might be doing the same thing. Talk about easy to make! I got an email notice of this happening so I'm sure going to check it out tomorrow.

JB

Holy cow!!!! I had to read that three times to make sure what I was reading! Sounds like that would be appropriate to light with the 1812 Overature in the background, no cannon needed!!! I thought the pressure cooker soap was dangerous enough, this is far worse!! Oh I hope no one gets hurt trying this!! You are right dear friend, you should gather up loved ones and escape in that RV! Lol!! Wow!!!

This just reminds me to take most of ehow with a grain of salt. Honestly, I don't even think you need to know the basics of candle making to wonder how 12 ounces of liquid would ever solidify in just 1 ounce of wax. I agree, what a waste. The e in eHow no longer stands for expert yall....

I have been looking for some way to get hot throw in my soy candles and wondered if essential oils would improve the fragrance, but really, who came up with this recipe of 12 oz oil to 1 oz bees wax, that is just crazy, I can't believe they are serious, major fireball!

I'm assuming it's a typo and they meant "lb" instead of "oz".

When I read the originals posters link, my first reaction due to the nonsense of it was "aint nobody got time for that", which lead me to think of the youtube video:

I'm sorry, cant help it. In my defense, I've drank some wine today.