So guys, which do you like better

pixie

I own a pet grooming salon and hope to sell my candles there at some point in the future. I have been testing a very long time and hope to have one of these two lines ready to go in the next few months.

I cant decide which one I like better. I asked my family what they prefer and got mixed reviews. My son said he liked the glass one better as he thought the tin looked too much like "something my grandmother would give me". lol

My husband said he likes the tin better as the glass "looks just like a drinking glass with a label on it", which I guess it is.

Anyhow, which do you guys like better? I'd like to narrow my focus to either one container or the other.

Thanks guys.

pixie

post-11525-139458502526_thumb.jpg

That looks like an 8 oz Crisa tumbler? Those are great jars but they don't have lids. Tumblers are a great design for an efficient wick system but I prefer jars that are almost as wide as they are tall for the easiest wicking. I use a 12 oz salsa jar with a gold lid (they come in other colors) and they are so easy to wick and they look upscale enought for people to burn them in any room IMHO. I find that most customers prefer a single wick candle that they can easily light and trim even toward the end burn and this jar makes that possible. You can get some great bulk deals on these jars (I pay less than 70 cents for jar and lid and no shipping). HTH

Steve

The tin is cute, but if you like using a jar, how about the Madisons? They are very similar to your jar but don't have that big thick bottom that might be the reason it looks like a drinking glass. Have you tried a border outline on your jar label? Maybe a tiny paw border.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

Thanks for the replies, yes the glass is from Hobby Lobby. I use both the 8oz and 16oz tins from Peaks. The label on the tin is something I cut out with my circuit craft cutter. Glad you guys like them. Im still trying to decide which I like better myself.

Thanks for the replies, yes the glass is from Hobby Lobby. I use both the 8oz and 16oz tins from Peaks. The label on the tin is something I cut out with my circuit craft cutter. Glad you guys like them. Im still trying to decide which I like better myself.

Why not sell both for awhile and see which one is more popular? By offering both you may get twice as many sales. You can wrap your glasses in Cello with a pretty bow, and the customers can sniff the tins.

Why not sell both for awhile and see which one is more popular? By offering both you may get twice as many sales. You can wrap your glasses in Cello with a pretty bow, and the customers can sniff the tins.

I agree with Horsescents..try both and see what moves the most. I used to sell tumblers with no lids..but I believe it was Lonestar sells the clear dust covers for them..:) HTH...Good Luck!

Edited by kimmeroo

I forgot to say that I like the heavy bases on the tumblers because I believe it helps protect furniture from being scorched, and also because I read that a common danger with container candles is, if they are set on wood or a synthetic counter, it traps the heat against the bottom and they break. It happened to me when I bought a small mason jar soy candle at a farmers' market and power burned it on my kitchen counter. I know a few people who had candle bowls break on their wooden mantle or tables. So, it's recommended to always set a container candle on a glass, metal, or ceramic plate that helps disperse heat away from the glass jar. But, since most customers don't bother to do that, it's good to have a thick base like on that tumbler. Okay, that was another 2 cents worth from the peanut gallery. :D