Moon Works Must Haves

ladysj

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suede is awesome

I haven't poured it yet but OOB fall festival is a winner

I thought bergamot and tobacco was amazing OOB but in melts it's way weak for me

Patchouli OOB is amazing- Pouring that this weekend

Celestial sea and flower bomb smell amazing OOB- haven't poured that yet either

Patchouli passion is great

Morning sunrise and sugar cookie royale also smell amazing

Sorry I can't help more with actual in wax but I plan to get busy this weekend!

My order is still the same, except I added some Earthen Oak, and demoted Autumn Embers to a sample. I'm going to test it and try it against Bonfire Bliss and hopefully pick 1 from the 2! I'm hoping Fall Festival is as amazing as it sounds!!

Edited by FaithfulScenter

Suede is awesome

I haven't poured it yet but OOB fall festival is a winner

I thought bergamot and tobacco was amazing OOB but in melts it's way weak for me

Patchouli OOB is amazing- Pouring that this weekend

Celestial sea and flower bomb smell amazing OOB- haven't poured that yet either

Patchouli passion is great

Morning sunrise and sugar cookie royale also smell amazing

Sorry I can't help more with actual in wax but I plan to get busy this weekend!

Have you burned Suede? I love it OOB and made a tester CP soap with it and really like it. Have not made any candles with it yet.

Hey guys! I just wanted to add my experiences with some of the FO I have. I use soy wax for all of these.

The Celestial Sea is great! I didn't like it OOB but in wax it's amazing!! Medium/ Strong HT

Patchouli Passion- I really like it and I'm not a patch fan. More a subtle HT but good. Does not knock you down.

Sugar Cookie Royal- I'll say it again. This is super strong and the best sugar cookie I've smelled!!

Fall Festival- only smelled OOB. It smells strong but I get more pumpkin than anything else. I'm hoping that in wax more of the notes from the description will come through.

Autumn Embers- only smelled OOB. I get alot of woodsy notes. Hoping the other notes will come through in the wax.

Morning Sunrise- only smelled OOB. It is a bit weak but hoping that will change in wax. Going to use it in a MP soap soon.

Suede- only used this in MP soap: smells great and the scent is holding very well. Not sure if I could stand to test this in a candle. It's a very strong men's cologne scent. While I am a man it's just a bit too much for me. Also not sure if it would sell.

I'm hoping to get a few of the FO I don't have as samples. Also I want to get the Tea & Cakes but think I needs good tea scent mixed with it since its dominant notes are the almond and orange.

Okay that's I have for now. :-)

Edited by jackbenimble

Have you burned Suede? I love it OOB and made a tester CP soap with it and really like it. Have not made any candles with it yet.

Yes- in 415 it is incredibly strong and rich

Melts with PB/excel the throw doesn't stop!

Everyone that smells this falls in love - this was my "renegade cowgirl" in my western line and sold most of this scent at the horse show I did

Beth- wow- I can't get a hint of smell of bergamot tobacco when melting...Isn't that crazy!!

Cold throw I think the tobacco is more dominant- its a hard one for me to describe- there is definite bergamot in there but it's more earthy to me than sweet

Thanks for the suede review Moonshine. Renegade Cowgirl - that's an inspired name. Love it!

As for Bergamot & Tobacco - I get more tobacco OOB, CT and HT. It sort of smells like a study where a man has smoked a pipe. THat scent lingers, but is subtle.

It's doing fair in my blend, but I need to wick up and try again.

Jack, you're right about the Sugar Cookie. I have had 3 test burning in my workshop the past few days as I make CP and other candles. I've had a few moments when I smell something different over all the other scents and realize it's the sugar cookie! The workshop is pretty big and has the main windows open, so that says a lot.

Now don't everyone go off and take all the Sugar Cookie!

Jack, you're right about the Sugar Cookie. I have had 3 test burning in my workshop the past few days as I make CP and other candles. I've had a few moments when I smell something different over all the other scents and realize it's the sugar cookie! The workshop is pretty big and has the main windows open, so that says a lot.

Now don't everyone go off and take all the Sugar Cookie!

Moonshine, I love that name Renegade Cowgirl too! Very creative;-)

Tall Tayl- I'm glad your liking the SC. I have about 8oz left. I hope I can get some later on in season.