Moon Works Must Haves

ladysj

The pre-buy was actually cheaper but now it's about 4 dollars more for 16 ounces

I had my husband smell both and he can't tell a difference either- I burn mistletoe all the time and to my nose it's identical

Well, my bad. But I doesn't want to have to and test a new scent if I already have something almost identical.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, Pinion Pine smells a little bit like Mistletoe. I actually think Mistletoe smells just like Winter Festival, both have a pine note.

Paul, I can send you some if you would like.

That's so funny PMM- I don't think WF smells like Mistletoe. So crazy how our noses are different. Oh, no you don't have to go to all that trouble to send me anything but thank you for offering. Send me some next time I get some more of your soaps. ;-)

Btw guys PMM has amazing soaps! You have to try them sometime. Hope that was okay to brag about you ;-)

That's so funny PMM- I don't think WF smells like Mistletoe. So crazy how our noses are different. Oh, no you don't have to go to all that trouble to send me anything but thank you for offering. Send me some next time I get some more of your soaps. ;-)

Btw guys PMM has amazing soaps! You have to try them sometime. Hope that was okay to brag about you ;-)

I agree! They are awesome and I keep telling myself to get more and then I get distracted and forget! Got a website yet PMM? And Suzy has amazing mineral eyeshadow!

Aw shucks, Paul and Dawn, thank you! :embarasse

Yes, I think WF is a bit more fruity, but if I ran out of it, I could use Mistletoe. Guess I need to drag out all the bottles, WF, Mistletoe, Blue Spruce and the Pinion and do some tests.

Moonshine, no website yet. I have the domain names paid for, just haven't had the time to work on a website. I would really like to do a custom website, friend of mine can do the GUI and I can do the back-end and database stuff. But, kind of hard to get in the mood to do that in the evenings when that is what you do all day. Maybe I should just use one of the pre-designed sites. Plus, I'm a bit afraid I might not be able to keep up with orders....

Ok, so what do you have for sale right now? Can you do part-time with your full time work?

Yes, I think WF is a bit more fruity, but if I ran out of it, I could use Mistletoe. Guess I need to drag out all the bottles, WF, Mistletoe, Blue Spruce and the Pinion and do some tests.

Moonshine, no website yet. I have the domain names paid for, just haven't had the time to work on a website. I would really like to do a custom website, friend of mine can do the GUI and I can do the back-end and database stuff. But, kind of hard to get in the mood to do that in the evenings when that is what you do all day. Maybe I should just use one of the pre-designed sites. Plus, I'm a bit afraid I might not be able to keep up with orders....

I know exactly what your saying.... My website is finally done but I chose to NOT do a cart yet for actual online shopping- 1 I am STILL perfecting some issues with candles and 2 if for some crazy reason people start buying like crazy I am not ready- I am so busy with my husbands companies! But this way people that do buy I can direct them to the site to see everything I have available right now- so that could be an option for you to start as well

I know I got a spreadsheet from you before but I can't find it on my emails and that laptop that I kept all my candle research and information blew up! So if you have something like that still I would love to get it again! Your soaps rock!

moonshine, that's actually a good idea, just the site with no cart. People would prefer to look at a website over the PDF of my printed brochure or even the brochure. And, don't have to wait on me. My DIL is a photographer so need to hit her up for some product shots. Now to figure out who to use for the website...

Chandler, I'm trying to do the full-time, part-time thing but it doesn't always work out that way. Day job takes precedence whenever there is a production problem or high priority request. Plus, the chemo I take everyday sometimes kicks my butt.

moonshine, if you will PM me your email, you too, Chandler, I'll send you my brochure in PDF format.

I appreciate your interest!! :smiley2:

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Oh sorry, there was a thread in OT at one point in time where someone was asking about their Dad and I discussed it. I've been on it for so long I just assume everyone knows. It's an oral chemo that I take that is like maintenance. My bone marrow decided to go wonky years ago and now it cranks out platelets like they are going out of style. It's one of the Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and a fairly rare blood cancer. Some people are controlled by aspirin but mine is a bit more aggressive. So far, I'm on the right side of the malignancy but it can progress into acute myeloid leukemia or myelofibrosis. The biggest thing I deal with at the moment is fatigue, headaches and nausea. Saltine crackers are my friend!! :grin2:

I soaped suede tonight....so far I am loving how it is smelling. Unfortunately, I made it in a mostly olive oil soap...so going to be awhile before I can use it. It sure smells great though!

I had no issues at all soaping it....rtcp, 33% lye solution, olive, co, castor, no color.

post-10297-139458505415_thumb.jpg

I soaped suede tonight....so far I am loving how it is smelling. Unfortunately, I made it in a mostly olive oil soap...so going to be awhile before I can use it. It sure smells great though!

I had no issues at all soaping it....rtcp, 33% lye solution, olive, co, castor, no color.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25294[/ATTACH]

What a beautiful batch of soap! :-)

Do you like it? I was thinking of making a batch for the male side of the family in Wisconsin. Think it would appeal to farmer types? I always think of Suede as tan, so the color works.

I guess it's okay. It's too strong for me and not really my type of cologne smell. But I bet if I don't like it everyone else will. I guess it does have leathery notes to it but it's very much a man's cologne smell. Very masculine.

I'm hoping my hubby likes it. I have it on the curing rack next door, so I have no idea what color it is now..LOL. I haven't been over there in two days! I will go peek and

see if it's turning tan yet. I'll also let you know PMM what hubby thinks of its cold throw. He just got back from a 3 week trip and hasn't seen it yet.