Moon Works Must Haves

ladysj

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that use Fall Festival are you getting a strong throw (hot or cold) from it. I adore this scent but I cant get a strong throw from it...medium at best. I use it for personal use because of this but would love to be able to add it to the store if I could improve the throw. Any suggestions?

I typically use 8% but on Harvest Moon and some of the others I don't have to at all. Tropical Element for me is going to have to be a mixer or I'm going to have to up it to 10. Anyone get this to throw in soy?

I made some tarts with it using soy. The HT was medium for me but I don't really like the scent that much. I thought it would have more coconut in it than it has. I gave them to my brother. He fortunately loved them!

On the Fall Festival- I'll have to let you know. I do have a sample of this and but just ordered wicks. I have none ATM.

Edited by jackbenimble

I typically use 8% but on Harvest Moon and some of the others I don't have to at all. Tropical Element for me is going to have to be a mixer or I'm going to have to up it to 10. Anyone get this to throw in soy?

Tropical element was medium strength in a melt for me but I never tried it in a candle- I didn't like it enough to re- order

how are you using it?

I use it in my melts currently which is a parasoy and get a nice medium throw but it definately doesn't knock me over (which is how I like them :)). I have tried it in my normal candle combo which is also a parasoy and got a decent cold throw but absolutely no hot throw.

Edited by glowworm

I'm guessing it your soy blend. Sounds like the FO isn't very soy compatable. Do you have another blend to test in? Not having tried it yet, I can't offer much assist.

The only thing I can suggest, and this will sound strange, is to add a little corn oil (for cooking) to the FO, 5 or so drops. Corn oil has a natural ability to extend most top and middle notes in fragrance and essential oils. It wont improve throw strength only make the overall scent last longer. Too much and the scent will change. This suggestion is an extreme last case scenario!!! You'd be better off having it duped or using more per tart/candle. :o

Some scents just refuse to throw and those I don't bother buying again. But with Moonworks other succesful scents, I'm kinda shocked this one isn't throwing for you. Strange.

Edited by rctfavr3

This fragrance is really awesome and that's why I keep making it for myself until I can figure out how to make it throw a little better.

rctfavr3- I bet you are right about it maybe just not liking my parasoy. I don't have that happen very often so I guess I may have overlooked the obvious. I don't have another blend that I use for these situations but I like the scent so much I will do whatever it takes.:)

Without giving out any secrets would anyone be willing to share at least what wax this fo really works well in? Thanks!

Edited by glowworm

I just adore Merlin's forest, my number one favorite MW fragrance!:drool:

Her new Sugarplum fairy is smashingly good. Other favorites of mine are Earthen oak, Celtic myst, and Celestial sea. I tried Rowan but couldn't get a good HT. Used all these in paraffins and parasoy (6006), and my own blends.

Waiting on her Pumpkin cheesecake; tried a sample and it is the very best, can't wait! It'll replace all the other pumpkin FOs I currently have (with the exception of AH/RE Pumpkin creme brulee), lol

I got a sample of the Sun and Earth. On the FB page there is mention of problems with the supplier. That smelled SOOOOOOO wonderful I'm not sure what the deal is with that one. I know she will bring that one back though.

Ravens and I have the same FO loves...

I'll check it out on FB, Thanks. Do you think it smells briney like saltwater or something beachy? So wrong!!!!! I found it on FB & she calls it her Orange Patchouli.

I got a sample of the Sun and Earth. On the FB page there is mention of problems with the supplier. That smelled SOOOOOOO wonderful I'm not sure what the deal is with that one. I know she will bring that one back though.

Ravens and I have the same FO loves...

Edited by ChandlerWicks

I've used a bunch of MW FOs. I think Rhonda has a really great nose, and I will buy just about anything she brings in! I have almost all of the oils she sells, but sadly I am far, far behind in testing them.

In 4625, 6%, all great

earthen oak - smells like an earthy vanilla to me, love it

floral muse - like the olive blossom from Flickers, love it

lavender sage - my second favorite lavender (1st is tassi lav from southern soapers)

patchouli passion - in my top 5 FO of all time, like the patchouli honey from Flickers

patchouli raspberry - great earthy raspberry, doesn't have that fake fruity smell

In CP, between 0.7 and 1 oz per pound oil

bergamot tobacco - I keep getting whiffs of ashtray, but there is more, very complex, and I haven't figured it out yet

morning sunrise - nice citrus fruit, but not sure it is better than others I like (fav is grapefruit cassis from southern soapers)

orange ginger - this one accelerated on me, barely had time to get in mold, but came out great

patchouli passion - fab

patchouli chocolate - fab

patchouli raspberry - fab

sun and earth - fab

I get strong throw in 415 with Fall Festival.

Thanks Lorelei! I don't have any 415 but I do have some 464, I'm not sure how comparable they are but I will give it a shot. I think I will also try a couple other waxes as well...I'll let you all know.

Edited by glowworm