Moon Works Must Haves

ladysj

Just poured testers of Sweet Indian Corn & Leaves dupe.

SIC- OOB smelled like corn pudding but in wax (CT) smells more like Zuchinni bread.

Leaves- in wax(CT) smells very nice. I poured the intire 1oz in 10oz of wax. I measured it before because I usually on use 3/4oz for 10oz. I don't think it was a full oz. It's cooled very nicely with a smooth top. No leakage so I guess I'm good so far. Can't wait to burn it ;-)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it smells like Slatkins?

Well... Idk. I've never smelled Slatkins Leaves before. But it does smell good. Maybe someone else will chime in. Rhonda says that her supplier said it was a dupe but she's actually never smelled the real thing either.

I just smelled it again and from others descriptions from YouTube videos IMO it is what I thought it would smell like.

Edited by jackbenimble

Update- I've started tesing the Slatkin dupe "Leaves" in my soy containers. Not so good. Sorry to say. Rhonda does say that in her critique on the FO page. It's only my 1st day burn but I just know its not going to get a better HT. oh well:-)

I don't like carrying dupes anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm testing Fall Festival in 464 and so far it's a light/ medium HT. Super disappointed but oh well. Maybe it will be better as I keep testing.

Hi wanted to update on this FO- I just put two cubes into my 20watt warmer and it smells amazing! Very nice medium strong HT.

Only had a light HT in a candle using soy but in melts it is doing wonderful. It has been curing since September 6 so maybe it has a very long cure time. I may just be melting these for me at this point. Okay, just wanted update on this FO. :-)

Bella fragrance - same thing happened that JBN stated with fall festival. I made tarts out of sample FO and was not impressed with results. Ct and ht very faint. I opened up clamshell yesterday (2 months later) and it smelled fantastic. I'll put it in burner sometime this weekend to test ht. It might make it on reorder list.

Bella fragrance - same thing happened that JBN stated with fall festival. I made tarts out of sample FO and was not impressed with results. Ct and ht very faint. I opened up clamshell yesterday (2 months later) and it smelled fantastic. I'll put it in burner sometime this weekend to test ht. It might make it on reorder list.

Bella tart burning now for 40 hours. Just now faded. Filled my house with strong scent for 24 hours and nice subtle scent for next 12. It has a nice famine, sweet, powdery scent. I love it!

I'm about to cave on that "Forest Nymph" and "Sea Witch" pre-buy, which ends tomorrow. They both sound right up my alley. Uuurgh.

http://moonworkscollection.com/category_5/Prebuy-Oils.php

I was just looking at that- anyone try them or are these brand new also? It's a good price but the gamble is still there....

I got my pinion pine yesterday and OOB it is heavenly!

I got the Pinion Pine yesterday and it is fabulous. It's definitely pine OOB. I have some in a burner in my bathroom and it smells like walking into the Christmas Tree Shop at Home Depot. I keep walking in there just to take a deep breath. I thought Rocky Mountains from Elements was the best pine scent I can find. I think this one tops it. Hope it holds up in wax and will have to make some soap for my pine fanatic friend. I picked up some Suede and sorta so-so on that OOB.

The Forest Nymph says it's supposed to be like Bert's Redwood and Cedar. I think it was Barb, said that there is more of a eucalyptus scent initially but settles down in product. Not quite like Bert's but still a very nice fragrance. Not sure what Sea Witch will be like.

The pinion is definitely a keeper as far as a straight up pine - I also use rocky mountain elements and I love that for the smokey fireplace scent mixed in it- I think pinion will be replacing my blue spruce! I am going to put it in wax tonight

Suede is a really good scent in wax- OOB I wasn't to sure either but everyone that smells it on a candle loves it- I use 415 and in the melts I made it throws strong and long in PB/excel

Chandler, are you having the difficulty in wicked or melts as well? I'm only doing melts now and so far those I use in my wax combo works very well. I think Winter Festival has some of the Pinion.

Well shoot, moonshine, going to have to check my bottle of Blue Spruce, see which one I like better.

In wicked candles, 4627 & 415. The HT is lovely just faint. I'll try in melts, soap & palm before I give up tho.

Okay ....I put pinion in wax and I knew there was something familiar- this is exactly the same as CS mistletoe! I LOVE that scent and I hope it came from the same place and burns just as good!

Really?!? That is really crazy and I'm glad I didn't participate in the prebuy because I already use mistletoe from CS and can probably get it cheaper there.

If anyone has an opinion does PP smell like mistletoe from CS?