A few of my candles

First post here, Here is a few of my candles I made this weekend... cold pour 4625 poured at 153F un-scented and one mottled w/rain water scent from CS. Let me know what you think...

thanks

mark

post-12298-139458471166_thumb.jpg

Edited by candle_man

Thank you all for the kind words, as i am new to candle making and this was my real first attempt at making these cold pours so was not sure if they looked as good as i thought... now i need to make them in larger quantities...

thank you

mark

Edited by candle_man

Those are awesome looking Mark...thanks for sharing. You used 4625? I have a ton of that and didn't realize I could do rustics with it! Did you freeze your molds first?

edited...isn't that rain water just an awesome fresh scent? love it. it's one of my favorites.

Edited by debratant

Yes Debbie, it was the IGI 4625 with only liquid dye added If I remember the mix right it was CS lq. dye Ivory 6-8 drops in two lbs. of was with a 3-4 yellow dye.... no I did not freeze or use a water bath... room temp was around 80-85 deg. F pour temp was 153 deg.F just poured slow and even with quick rocking motion of the wrist holding the mold while pouring. You may want to use something around the mold as t will get vary warm quick, but I might not be too smart there as I am afraid of the mold slipping and dropping it..... lol

I am no expert, but do love to share what I have learned if it can help someone. So all please ask.

Mark

OH yes the sent was Rain Water from candle science, I need to get more everyone that has smelled it loves it....

Edited by candle_man

These look great! Cold pour pillars with 4625 is my choice for candles these days. I got a little bored doing container candles a few years back and started doing rustics instead. I love unmolding and seeing the results--although I've got a lot of strange ones. They just go in the "hurricane and storm" candle cabinets.

Thanks for sharing that Mark. I've been using 1343 for rustics and adding stearic to it. Would be easier just to use the 4625 and pour cool. Still love my 1343 for mottles. How did you get that 4625 to mottle?

Luci...I love pillars too. Much more exciting than containers and wicking seems easier.

sorry the mottle pillar was made with the IGI 1274 wax with 3% FO and poured at 185-190 Deg. F and covered with a box to slow the cooling... takes at least 6-8hrs before second pour to top off....

Mark

Edited by candle_man

yes i have burnt them and seem to do vary well... takes about three hours to reach full melt pool, and leaves about 3/8 to 1/4" wall that you fold in or mush down... the wick i am using is the large yaley flat braid i dont know the number of braids but if any one knows i would love to know what it is....