Kimberly's Whipped Shea Recipe

wildangel112

I didn't have any hempseed butter, either. I used shea, mango, and avocado butters. I think it turned out fine. I wasn't sure about the consistency the next day, but I got reassurance from here that it is ok.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have any hempseed butter, either. I used shea, mango, and avocado butters. I think it turned out fine. I wasn't sure about the consistency the next day, but I got reassurance from here that it is ok.

Luci..I have never used Avocado butter but I have heard it was nice. If you want you can just use shea and mango...or just shea or just mango. Have fun with it...try different combos til you find one you like!

• 3 weeks later...

I made this tonight with a full pound of shea substituted for the other butters. I tinted it a light peachy color and scented with Melon Jasmine.

Before I put the corn starch in... it was definitely too greasy feeling. The corn starch made it more silky and less greasy. LOVE IT!

• 4 months later...

okay I have been making this a lot lately now all of a sudden when I make it it stays whipped but the next day its hard, like a almost solid cream, its still whipped but very firm! How can I make this lighter? I use the recipe with shea, cocoa and SAO? also add the cornstarch but for the life of me cannot get it light and fluffy to stay:undecided

yep, i think it's the weather. the last batch I made was stiff the next morning. it also took longet to "fluff" while I was making it so I think the humidity and cold had a lot to do with the end result's appearence.

it works fine and smells wonderful, I'm just not liking the look and texture,

okay I have been making this a lot lately now all of a sudden when I make it it stays whipped but the next day its hard, like a almost solid cream, its still whipped but very firm! How can I make this lighter? I use the recipe with shea, cocoa and SAO? also add the cornstarch but for the life of me cannot get it light and fluffy to stay:undecided

I would drop the cocoa butter as it will make the product stiff. I use only shea butter and mango butter as well as a combo of macadmia nut oil, shea oil and hempseed oil. I sometimes add a bit of IPM to cut down on the greasies. Try it without the cocoa butter. Mine has never gone stiff with the above combo.

Ann M

What a fantastic recipe! Thank you for sharing Kim and to the other ladies - thanks for sharing the variations. Being a complete, but determined, newbie I was wondering if someone could clarify for me....

12 oz. Refined Shea Butter

2 oz. Mango Butter

2 oz. Hempseed Butter

5 oz. oil

2 tsp. cornstarch

One of the other posters suggested adding 1 oz. FO/EO during whipping... was wondering if that oz should be counted as one of the 5 oz. listed in Kim's recipe above? Thank you!

I didn't have any hempseed butter, so I just increased the shea. I won't use any nut oils because of that one small chance of allergies. But I couldn't figure out for the life of me what FO to use. So I finally just used Peak's Pink Sugar. My sister took it to work because she works for a vet specialty clinic and they wash their hands down to the bone. They all loved it especially the FO which I would have thought people would dislike. I even use it right when I get out of the shower and my skin is still wet. It seems to blend in without the greasy feeling.

• 3 weeks later...

I just made my first batch of Kimberly's Whipped Shea and it is awesome! I used:

14oz of refined shea

2oz of mango butter

2oz SAO

1oz Macadamia Nut Oil

1oz Apricot Kernal Oil

1oz Vitamin E

1oz of Wendy's Vanilla Bean Noel

2tsp Dry Flo

I did add 1tsp IPM to help with greasiness but I know a little goes a long way! I love this stuff. My hands feel great right now!

I was a little nervous because it was taking forever to firm up so I put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes and kept whipping. It came out great! Now, I have 7 jars of whipped shea. I definitely should have halfed the recipe but I didn't know if it would be enough to whip. My first dive into B&B. I'm so excited! From scratch I mean!

Missy

I didn't have any hempseed butter, so I just increased the shea. I won't use any nut oils because of that one small chance of allergies.

I'm getting really confused about this whole Shea thing. Is it from a nut or isn't it a nut? From what I've read it comes from a "nut" or is comes from a "seed" and been told: Though rare, individuals with both a Type B Latex allergy and a Nut allergy can react to shea butter. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I've been telling my customers not to use if they have nut allergies. I also state it on my labels. Can anyone clarify this?

Help please I am new to this whole bath and body side and would love to try this one out for myself. I live in the desert and dry up the second we leave the house. Could some one point me in the direction of some step by step instructions? I have done a search for days now and cant find any info on it. Thank you

Help please I am new to this whole bath and body side and would love to try this one out for myself. I live in the desert and dry up the second we leave the house. Could some one point me in the direction of some step by step instructions? I have done a search for days now and cant find any info on it. Thank you

It is very simple. This is my method..... Melt your butters, add your oils...then put it in the freezer. Let it set up...take it out and whip it with a mixer (A KitchenAid type works best but a normal mixer will do). Add your cornstarch while mixing. Return to freezer. You will do this a couple times. Mix until you get stiff peaks and you are good to go!

Hi everyone,

I'm real interested in learning how to make that. I've been researching the topic and of course there is so much different information to choose from. Where do you get the supplies? Can they be purchased at local stores or do they have to be ordered?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is awesome!! I tweaked the recipe a bit since I didnt have hempseed butter..I cut the recipe in half, using 6 oz shea, 2 oz of mango butter, macadamia nut oil & grapeseed oil & scented it homespun sugar..it is heavenly!! It melts on your skin..Thanks so much Kim!!