Kimberly's Whipped Shea Recipe

wildangel112

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am brand new here and this is my first post...yeah for me for not lurking anymore!!:highfive:

Kimberly can you please tell me how much this recipe makes (8 oz jars or whatever is a common size). I would really appreciate it. I have just started a small homebased bath and body company and trying to get ideas for other products to make.

So far I have found this message board to be of GREAT help!! Thank you all for thew great info.

Thanks in advance,

Rachel

Thank you so much eugenia for the quick response. Well, I guess that should have been a no brainer...I guess I really do need to continue going to college:wink2: . I am working on getting into the nursing program. Again thank you VERY much, I really appreciate it.

Hugs,

Rachel

I just love this recipe! thanks, Kimberly! I made a few adjustments, I used all shea instead a combo of butters and almond oil, i added cornstarch, but still too greasy for me, but everyone else loves it! I used this a lot this past month before my Gramma passed away, she always wanted to look and smell "CUTE" so I rubbed it on her hands, arms and legs several times a day. So I will always make this and I am going to call it Grammy's Whipped Shea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The recipes makes a ton. I believe it is around 21 oz., but it will get very light and fluffy so it may take more containers to fill it. I usually cut the recipe in 1/2 when making it. You can substitute hemp oil for the hemp butter and it comes out just fine.

Ann

To help cut the greasies, I have added 2 t. IPM to the original recipe. I have also added 1 t. Cyclomethicone which leaves a nice silky/powdery afterfeel. You can also add dry flo to help cut the greasy feeling. Also remember that using just a very small amount since a little goes along way. It is not like regular body lotion that needs a fair amount. It is also best to use this on only really dry areas such as feet, elbows, knees, cuticles, etc.. If you want to use it as an all over body moisturizer, use it fresh out of the shower while your skin is still damp.

HTH

Ann

I am so baffled. I have tired this recipie over and over chaging the butters, reducing the amount of oil and it still leaves a sheen on my skin like I put baby oil on or something. My mom and a good friend liked it but agreed it had to much of an oily feeling. Has anyone else made it minus the oil?

Whipped shea will have an oily feeling no matter what you add to it....but it will seep right into you skin.

What oils are you using? Try doing FCO and IPM mix.

I am not sure what FCO or IPM is?

Right now I have used sweet almond oil. I was just wondering if you could make it without the oil. I had a friend sample some and she loved it even put it on her face even though she knew it had oil in it.

I love to put it on my feet before bed and I wake up with nice soft feet.

Whipped shea will have an oily feeling no matter what you add to it....but it will seep right into you skin.

What oils are you using? Try doing FCO and IPM mix.

I am not sure what FCO or IPM is?

Right now I have used sweet almond oil. I was just wondering if you could make it without the oil. I had a friend sample some and she loved it even put it on her face even though she knew it had oil in it.

I love to put it on my feet before bed and I wake up with nice soft feet.

FCO is Fractionated Coconut Oil

IPM is Isopropyl Myristate

FCO is a very light oil. IPM is used to cut greasiness.

Almond IMO is a heavy oil. Try Apricot or peach kernal..they are very light too. Also, Whipped butter without oil???...well try it...I have a feeling that it wil be hard as a rock after it sits overnight. How about trying less oil? If you are using 4oz..cut it in half..see how that works for ya. Play with the recipe and find what works for you.

Thanks so much for the information.

I will keep working on it. I did cut the oil last time to half perhaps cutting even more. We'll see. I have never attempted whipped shea until now. At least this time I got it right on the whipping. Last time I did not even get that part right as I did not let the butters cool long enough.

FCO is Fractionated Coconut Oil

IPM is Isopropyl Myristate

FCO is a very light oil. IPM is used to cut greasiness.

Almond IMO is a heavy oil. Try Apricot or peach kernal..they are very light too. Also, Whipped butter without oil???...well try it...I have a feeling that it wil be hard as a rock after it sits overnight. How about trying less oil? If you are using 4oz..cut it in half..see how that works for ya. Play with the recipe and find what works for you.

I have read through each post in this thread several times and want to make this!! However, for the oil, could I use a combo of sweet almond and grapeseed oil? Or should I just stick to one of these? Those are the only 2 oils I have on hand right now.