Kimberly's Whipped Shea Recipe

wildangel112

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

I made this yesterday and it came out wondeful.

I used Shea and sweet almond oil.

I have a kitchen aid stand up mixer and used that. It took a long time I don't think i would be able to stand there and wisk it, but it may not be too bad if you use ice under the bowl. i did not.

I also did not use any FO.. i wanted to test for consistancy.

thanks for your reply I have everything that I need to make this and was wondering what FO would you use I also have hemp oil and coconut oil Kim stated that you could use the Hemp oil for the 5oz oil if I remember corectly I would like it to smell like coconut if possible kinda like the Body Shop butter. Also how much persevative would you use in this.:confused:

I always add preservative to mine because before I started making them myself I got some as a stocking stuffer. I used it once then left it at our vacation place in the mountains because my skin gets so dry there. When I went to use it a couple of weeks later it had grown mold. And no I didn't use it after the shower. I usually put it on at night before bed so I doubt water got in there. Gross!! I always add it to be safe because I don't ever want my customers to find that when they open their container. I know I sanitize everything but you never know what the customer will do with it once it leaves your hands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

In Honour of Kim, I thought I would bump this back up.

I know how lost I was without the boards and their wealth of info, so thought I'd dig up what I could find right off hand and try to help build it back up. Hope you don't mind, but found a few recipes I thought I'd add that were my personal faves from the boards. :)

12 oz. Shea Butter

2 oz. Mango Butter

2 oz. Hempseed Butter

5 oz. oil

2 tsp. cornstarch

I think I'm in love with this forum! I can't wait to get some stuff ordered and start playing around with it. I hope to get something figured out in time to give some of this as Christmas gifts.

Please tell me it won't take that long to figure out! :)

I think I'm in love with this forum! I can't wait to get some stuff ordered and start playing around with it. I hope to get something figured out in time to give some of this as Christmas gifts.

Please tell me it won't take that long to figure out! :)

not gonna lie Julie, its a learning curve.. but if you have the right supplies and the drive and determination you can get it!

Thank you LuminousBoutique!

I certainly don't want anyone to tell me it is easier that it really is. I recently quit my job, which was a good thing healthwise, but now I need to focus on something else. I have all day everyday to work on it, and I am determined. I am very excited about starting to play around with everything, but don't have high expectations for my first batch. LOL If that makes any sense. I know it is work, and I am up for the challenge.

Thank you for your input. I need all of it I can get.

• 1 month later...
I know how lost I was without the boards and their wealth of info, so thought I'd dig up what I could find right off hand and try to help build it back up. Hope you don't mind, but found a few recipes I thought I'd add that were my personal faves from the boards. :)

12 oz. Shea Butter

2 oz. Mango Butter

2 oz. Hempseed Butter

5 oz. oil

2 tsp. cornstarch

Can someone please break this recipe down into a 8oz batch. I don't need to make this much! Thanks! :yay:

not gonna lie Julie, its a learning curve.. but if you have the right supplies and the drive and determination you can get it!

I can testify to that! But I love making product. I get this euphoric feeling when my body butters are whipped up all nice. I look for any excuse to make some up!:yay: