Mr.Missy's ?? now what ??

*Dee*

I got an email last week from this guy telling me he found my website, he knows he has products I would be interested in. He told me to check out his website & use some code at check out but never said what the code did? Just a basic spontaneous solicitation email. I thought that was weird that a supplier would just email someone at random because I have never ordered from them before, but I guess you have try to bring in new business somehow.

I am fine with minimums as long as they are sending me FREE samples to test with first. Every oil manufacture that requires a minimum that I have ever dealt with sends you an ounce or two to test with. I am not dropping $150.00 just to test any new product, what if it doesn’t work in my applications? And @ 7.50 per pound? I can’t even get that price direct from IFT @ 35 lbs so I am a little unsure of the quality based on their price point.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried these products, but those of you who have....$7.50 a pound sounds like cheap fo to me? How good are these fos in relation to Daystar or Backwoods? I mean those are some pricey but really good complex fos. Experience has taught me that you never get something for nothing. Just an observation.

Pffffffffffffffffffffft! That is absolutely insane!

I was going to place an order next week but won't now! $150.00 minimum! :shocked2: Sorry but for sampling their scents I am NOT willing to shell out that much.

I wanted to try them, but I'm glad I didn't now. It's hard enough for me to spend $50 right now let alone $150! Especially for fo's you are not familiar with. I'm not about to drop $150 on fo's that I have no clue if they'll throw in my wax. Ya that's great that they lowered the price of their fo's but what's it matter if it's $5 or $30 if it doesn't throw. The best part of the email was "The reason for his is the time it takes to pack, invoice and ship an order has increased, so in order to keep our costs down and still offer the "Free Shipping on fragrance, we had to raise the minimum order." The time it takes to process an order???? Seriously!!!! If we did that to our customers, we'd have none....which is where they will be soon! The reason they got more orders is because they were advertising themselves, lifted the minimum and had a sale.

BS in my book and not worth the time, I'm just glad I didn't waste the money and feel for you that did. JMO

Oh come on now! This is really ridiculous! I just browsed their site again and they still don't even have scent descriptions on most of their complex fragrances...

For Example...just copied and pasted this...

"Evening Breeze 1 Lb This is an amazing fragrance. Please be patient for description"

"Please be patient for description!" I need those scent descriptions to get my mouth salivating for pete's sake! I don't care how cheap their FO is! And to penalize people with a $12.95 shipping...which is outrageous...for an order under $50 is just plain insane! There are WAY too many other suppliers out there with fab oils for me to mess around with a company that wants to play head games like this!

Read the first post the new minimum is $150.00 no other options. I did a fake order for 1lb & the writing at the top of the cart said the order could not be procressed without a $150.00 min. Absolutely no orders under the $150.00 will be processed.

What a bummer, I was going to try them out this week. $150 is ridiculous and the fact that they change their policy every week "due to popular demand" is really annoying. Yes, there is always the co-op option, but frankly I personally don't like the fact that we are forced to go that route. By the time you pay shipping and fees to the hostess, you could have just bought elsewhere. Not to mention the time it takes to do the co-op. What happens when we are in a pinch later, have a large order and need a pound of oil now?

I completely agree with you on this!!!!

I emailed them about this last night and have yet to get a reply. i asked if we could order under the minimum and pay the shipping and higher oil prices, or if we HAVE to order at least 150.00

I really really wanted to try some of his fo's, but now I never will. I am just a peon too and that is way out of my league.. I missed the sample sale and now I am glad I did cause that would have been money wasted with that minimum....

That company is too wishy washy for me.. Something is changing every other day.. I like stability!:confused:

Just my thoughts....

Emily

I have 64.00 woth of oils from them sitting here and now im not sure what i want to do with them. maybe if they last me till tax time then i can afford a 150.00 order.. i dont think i need them that bad most of the ones i got i can get at the other places i order anyay.

I wanted to try them, but I'm glad I didn't now. It's hard enough for me to spend $50 right now let alone $150! Especially for fo's you are not familiar with. I'm not about to drop $150 on fo's that I have no clue if they'll throw in my wax. Ya that's great that they lowered the price of their fo's but what's it matter if it's $5 or $30 if it doesn't throw. The best part of the email was "The reason for his is the time it takes to pack, invoice and ship an order has increased, so in order to keep our costs down and still offer the "Free Shipping on fragrance, we had to raise the minimum order." The time it takes to process an order???? Seriously!!!! If we did that to our customers, we'd have none....which is where they will be soon! The reason they got more orders is because they were advertising themselves, lifted the minimum and had a sale.

BS in my book and not worth the time, I'm just glad I didn't waste the money and feel for you that did. JMO

Totally agree with this! Do they really think we are that stupid?? Wow, they totally just committed business suicide! I guess we should have seen it coming, those who are SOooo unstable usually do end up doing something stupid, guess they just proved that! They are crossed off my list, definitely NOT interested now. Wonder how many other suppliers are out there laughing their asses off right now! :laugh2: :laugh2:

Wow, they totally just committed business suicide! Suppliers are out there laughing their asses off right now! :laugh2: :laugh2:

Noose.gif Yeppers!!!

I have 64.00 woth of oils from them sitting here and now im not sure what i want to do with them.

Send them back..

Glad I didn't order anything after visiting his website, I just wanted to see what all the hoopla was about after ya'll were posting about his new website and scents! I will stick with the suppliers I already use who do treat us with consistancy!!! :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

JMO,

Beverly

Maybe that was their catch. New company, new cheaper oils, great customer service, free shipping. They give you all these incredible deals, than dangle the bag of candy in front of the kid. :) For those that do buy that much all at once, it is a great deal. For others that were persuaded and didn't see this coming, it was more or less a slap in the face.

For those that are really pissed about this situation, just hammer them with emails till they're sick of seeing them. They obviously aren't coming back here to rectify the situation.

Hate to say "I told you so!!!" I figured he was gonna pull the ole bait and switch....either with his prices or the oils! I tried to warn y'all but I was blasted for what I said.

I'm bummed I missed your posts in May about this supplier, cause I wouldn't have ordered a couple of weeks ago.:sad2: I clicked on your name and searched your posts, to find the thread. Sorry that you had negative business with this company. From now-on, I am just going to stick with the suppliers that I know and trust.

Well I won't be buying any oils from them, they keep up this type of business practice and they won't last long. I'll just stay with my suppliers I have used in the past. Thanks for the info I have been to their site and was considering trying them out but will not even consider using them...$150.00 min. is way too high :shocked2:

Not sure if we will hear anything else out of them. I have sent 2 emails to them as they sent me the email about the min order 2 times. And both emails I told they just lost me, and probably lots of others. And that they need to get their Sh.. straight! This constantly changes policy is making me dizzy...

I tried them, and there were a few that I would love to keep permenant in my line, hopefully I can find a good alternative to them from one of my other suppliers, if not I will drop them. But I refuse to be forced to spend that much just to get a few oils from them, and this sort of business practice makes me turn tale and run for the hills!!!!

And yes I know there are "I told you so's" going around. And you are entitled, but unless I experience the not so good stuff out of a supplier, I am going to give them a chance and try out their stuff. Now that I have had it, I wont go back!

I tried them, and there were a few that I would love to keep permenant in my line, hopefully I can find a good alternative to them from one of my other suppliers, if not I will drop them. But I refuse to be forced to spend that much just to get a few oils from them, and this sort of business practice makes me turn tale and run for the hills!!!!

So you are not aware that the oils that they have are not going to be consistent? I was told (by Dan) that the oils they buy are from closeouts, etc. And that "when they are gone, they're gone!"

Doglover, where on his website does he state that his oils are closeouts and once they are gone, they are gone? That was nice of him to tell you that, but he sure did dupe the rest of us into thinking the oils were his regular line like any other supplier and that we'd be able to get them again.

There are several suppliers who do offer closeout oils and that is fine because they are upfront about them and it is up to us to decide whether to purchase them or not. I for one would rather have a consistent product than buy a whole bunch of closeout, possibly inferior oils, and waste alot of money on them. I spend too much time and money on testing to only be able to get one bottle of a FO before it disappears from his website.