Mr.Missy's ?? now what ??

*Dee*

Man i wish i would have gotten this email before i ordered some scents when they had the sale.

Hello All Candle and Soap Crafters!

Based on your response and lots and lots of suggestions we have taken into consideration all input and have come up with a new pricing structure that should excite everyone.

To better serve the serious crafter that depends on candle and soap production for a part of their income we have devised a pricing model that will stay in effect every day! Just good quality products for a fair price. This ensures you that you can maximize your profits with a small consideration on our part. We now have a $150.00 minimum order. The reason for his is the time it takes to pack, invoice and ship an order has increased, so in order to keep our costs down and still offer the "Free Shipping on fragrance, we had to raise the minimum order.

Second "All 1 Lb Fragrances are now $7.50 per pound plus "Free Shipping!" We have several new ragrances coming every day, so make sure you check back often. Also, you can call our friendly staff as they have an updated list before it even hits the web site. We have lowered the recycled wax pricing also to .59 cents a pound! We have over 125000 lbs in stock and more on the way! I am also working on reducing the pottery pricing and am working with a very large glass manufacturer to drop ship large quanities of inexpensive glassware direct to you! We will be offering better pricing than if you purchased direct from them. We have negotiated the best possible price based on our numbers, not yours, to create the best pricing around!

So we hope you understand and appreciate the extra savings.....You just have to purchase a little more at a time....

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

I HATE HATE HATE MINIMUMS... and $150.00 ???? I am lucky with the way the economy is now to be able to order 75.00-100.00 worth of oils when i need some. i only got a few scents so even after testings are done i wont have enough tested to even consider spending 150.00

:(

oh and if i put this in the wrong spot or wasent allowed to post it im sorry in advance.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather have to either pay shipping or pay 11.95 or more for their pounds of oils.. there is no way i am or even can order 150.00 worth of oils at a time not knowing whether or not the oils are going to work with my wax ect... thats a steep price to pay for testing purposes.

I'm with you Dee. I am just one of the little guys who very rarely would order $150 at one time. I had ordered some samples during their sale. Don't think I will waste my time trying to test them to see if I had liked them as is very unlikely I will re-order. Too bad for them as not everyone is a big time company. There are plenty of other FO suppliers out there to purchase from who don't have a minimum and who I have done business with before and can depend on.

Wow!! :shocked2: I was getting ready to order some samples since they have had such great reviews. I agree with you guys. I would rather pay shipping or pay a higher price to have a lower minimum. Very rarely are my orders even close to that.

Guess they just lost the business of a lot of us little guys. :(

You know (and this is just me), I used to think that some suppliers were expensive, but after some time and thought, I eventually came to realize that they are worth every penny.

I came to this realization because of sh*t like this. Now I just fork over my cash and get what I want, how I want it.

A $150 minimum order! That is crazy! I was checking out their site and almost placed an order, but I am just a peon and RARELY order pounders. Yep...guess I will also stick with the MANY other suppliers who have fantastic oils, excellent customer service, AND no minimum orders!!!

That's why co-ops were created. 7.95/lb and free shipping to the hostess.

That's exactly what I was thinking! While I would love to try their oils, I don't buy 1# at a time for testing. Maybe we can do one and do 4oz testing bottles instead? I would have to check pricing on the 4oz bottles, but I think it would work.

They sure won't be getting anymore of my business. I really do not believe that everybody that emailed them suggestions told them to lower the price of oils & raise the min. to get free shipping. If they wanted to raise the min. fine, but still give us little candlemakers the option of ordering & paying shipping. I'm sure glad there are quality suppliers out there that do not have a minimum order, they will be getting my money. The oils may cost more, but I'm willing to pay it. If I was a big candlemaker I would order straight from the manufacturer if i had to put in a minimum order of $150.00. Sorry about all your lost business mrmissy!

I am right there with ya Camay, I ordered there fo samples and ordered 50+ dollars worth, and did not qualify for free shipping I would have had to add wax or wicks, then 2 days later, you order 50 in fos and get free shipping:confused: ... In these times, they are going to push many people away with that limit, you think they would be happy with any business right now...

Sheesh...

They need to make up their minds what their policy's are!!!

I am scared to order from you for this reason...... So I won't..

Gosh.. If I changed my candle prices, minimum orders, and policy's everyday.

I would lose all my customers...

Hmmm... Something to think about Mr. M...:tiptoe:

You Spoke; We Listened!

Due to popular demand we have removed the our minimum purchase on fragrances!

Please note: for purchases of less than $50 in fragrances you will be charged $12.95 for shipping. After you submit your order you will be contacted by a Mr. Missy's representative regarding this additional shipping fee.

Oversoyed, that was yesterday. Read the first post of this thread for today's news.

I just put in a fake order & went to checkout. In writing at the top of the cart it said you have to have a minimum order of $150.00 to checkout.

You Spoke; We Listened!

Due to popular demand we have removed the our minimum purchase on fragrances!

Please note: for purchases of less than $50 in fragrances you will be charged $12.95 for shipping. After you submit your order you will be contacted by a Mr. Missy's representative regarding this additional shipping fee.

Oversoyed, that was yesterday. Read the first post of this thread for today's news. (We now have a $150.00 minimum order. )

Oh I can't wait to see what tomorrows minimum order and shipping policy's are after today's posts..:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Shall we all try and guess???

My guess:

No minimum order, prices go back up, Everyone pays shipping. :laugh2:

What a bummer, I was going to try them out this week. $150 is ridiculous and the fact that they change their policy every week "due to popular demand" is really annoying. Yes, there is always the co-op option, but frankly I personally don't like the fact that we are forced to go that route. By the time you pay shipping and fees to the hostess, you could have just bought elsewhere. Not to mention the time it takes to do the co-op. What happens when we are in a pinch later, have a large order and need a pound of oil now?

I have ordered several hundred dollars in oils before when stocking up for the season. But only from suppliers that I use regularly where I have tested their oils and ended up using several scents from them.

The point is I don't really need another supplier. So if I were going to try out a few samples from a new supplier I certainly would not spend $150 minimum for testing untried oils. Why does he want to shoot himself in the foot? I don't get it.