Have no luck with BitterCreek Scents

This is frustating as hell. i have tried the cocobut oil. Tried the 50/50 (with Cb135) and I am just not getting any scent throw off the bakery smells I have. Do the suppliers scents really change that much? Because someone told me to try a different supplier for FO. I am on my fourth scent and still nothing.

I used BC scents as well when I first started with soy and I couldn't get them to throw either. I use GB 444 wax. I didn't spend any more money or time. I changed to Justscent and Alabaster and now my hot and cold throw are awesome, if it doesn't work for you move on. It might be your wax it might be your scent, it might be your pour temp, it might be the alignment of the planets, with soy you just never know.

Definitely try FO's of different companies. It is frustrating and costly but it is worth the effort. I have always had good luck with candle science and Lonestar FO's. Not all of Lonestars 400 and some FO's do well with soy but the majority have worked great for me. Trial and error.

Here's some BC scents that do well in soy:

BCN

Wildberry Zinger Tea

Cotton Candy

Vanilla Nut Bread

Honey Coco Mango

BCS

Apple Crumb Cake

Keep in mind that I'm in the process of retesting scents in soy, to add that option for those who want soy, so I'm sure there are many more. Their newer scents should work good, because they test them in soy. But that doesn't mean that their idea of "great" matches yours, so I guess you have to take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

Or, you could join the Boycott BCN campaign I'm on...

her site sucks, I'm surprised you persevered enough to actually buy something.

CS has the best cinnamon buns I've tested, followed closely by TSB.

ASS has a kick ass berry bundt cake, as well as other scents for soy. Pun, get it?

KY's oils are great.

Stacy at DS promotes herself as a vanilla/ bakery lover... she has some good ones... cake batter, the absolute best buttercream, peach jam cheesecake, bjbc, the list is too long for me to type them all.

There are so many suppliers that are terrific... why limit yourself?

E-mail Chemessence.com and they will send you 3 samples free. I am using GB 415, no dye in my candles. I know from experience the following throws hot and cold: Vanilla, Mulberry, Plumeria, Cake-Bake, Chocolate, Rose and Cinnamon. When you look on their website it lists the FO by price in a 1 lb increments, so basically you have to times that by 2, to actually get you your correct price and it is in 2 lb. brown plastic bottles, instead of glass that saves on shipping. I know they have went up on their FO, since I have ordered, have not seen the new prices yet, that is just was I was told. Peak's also have great FO's - I usually by 10 small sample bottles from them, instead of purchasing a pound of FO. Hope this helps:smiley2:

Do the suppliers scents really change that much?
YES!

There is a REASON that most of us purchase FOs from several different suppliers! All FO is NOT created equal!!

Because someone told me to try a different supplier for FO. I am on my fourth scent and still nothing.
Do you mean you have the same scent from 4 different suppliers or 4 different scents from one supplier? Before blaming the supplier for one's candle not throwing well, I think it is more appropriate to order samples of the same FO from different suppliers and see for yourself whether there is a difference. If NOTHING is throwing well for you, maybe it isn't the FO at all, but something YOU are doing or not doing with the wax, heating/pouring temp, additives, wicking, etc. that is causing your candles to not throw well. Or maybe you might even have candlenose!!

Sorry, but you have to test things out for yourself!;)

it's best to find suppliers that do actually test their oils in soy

I agree, BUT what soy-based wax are they testing in, etc. It's a start, but by NO means, conclusive.

I order all over too...but I do have quite a few of BCN's fo's..I use 415 and also CBA..I haven't had any problems..their Pink Sugar is excellent as well as their Twigs & Berries,WildberryZinger Tea,Creme Brulee....I don't have my list in front of me ...the only one I didn't like and has a fuel smell is their Mulled Cider...ICK! I am trying out Lonestar for that one.

Kimmeroo

I use a lot of BC's fo in a soy blend and most of them throw very well. Off the top of my head, twigs n berries, creme brulee, wildberry zinger tea, cranberry jelly, citrus splash, ocean mist, sex on the beach (very strong), verbena berry.

I started my candle testing with BitterCreek North. I have to say that testing is the key and if a scent doesn't throw in the wax you are using don't use it..but in fairness to them I would like to list several that throw wonderfully in EZSoy. Whenever I have a problem BCN has gotten right back to me. I use their online support and Flicker is right there for me always during business hours.

Spiced Cranberry, Tutti Frutti, Honey CoCo Mango, Gardenia, Jasmine, Country Berry Hotcakes, NorthWoods XMas, Twigs and Berries, Lime,Leaf,and Lily, Lily of the Valley, Snowberry, Happy Holidays, Cappacino Brule, Lemon, Vanilla Grapefruit, Pomegrante, Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Cheesecake(BCS),Lavender, Citrus Splash(BCS), Plumeria,

Baby Powder, Autumn Leaves, Lilac, ButterCream Crunch, Cantaloupe, Huckleberry, Dogwood, Wildberry Zinger Tea, Ocean Mist

Happy Easter everyone!

• Like 1

I buy scents from BCN and have good luck. I like the customer service and fast shipping.I also get scents from local suppliers but when I need a scent from BCN it is usally at my door in 2-3 days. Cannot beat that.

I placed a order with BCN but forgot a scent I needed bad. I hurried to e-mail them as it was late. They let me know it was added to the order. Sure didn't want to pay added shipping costs.

For some good ones.Wildberry Zinger Tea, Blueberry Muffins, Deep Fried Ice Cream, Cappucino Brulee'. There are so many others but just not thinking right now.My basement is loaded with their scents and some from about 6 other suppliers. If I hear of a good scent review or think a scent sounds good I get it. I am usually right. Also I get help with some customers and their likes and dislikes.

I would buy more from BCN(jars etc) if they were local. Shipping would be a killer for me for those supplies.

LynnS

Hey Everybody!

This is my first post here and I just want to chime in.

I started buying from Bitter Creek because I am located about 3 hours from them so the shipping time and cost is good but there have been a few fragrances that did not work. I am beginning to think it is just that there are some fragrances that do not work well in soy, no matter where you buy them from and no matter how many different wicks you try. They have hundreds to choose from so I just have been getting the samples and trying them out. If they do not work, on to the next one I go. And by working I mean I light it the next day and the scent is strong enough to fill a mid-sized room.

When I first started out making candles I belonged to Candle Wealth International. They never said anything about testing and so I made up a bunch of cinnamon scented candles along with a lot of other scents and off to a craft show I went. Well I was lucky enough that I hardly sold any because when it came time to burn one of those cinnamon ones myself I was in shock that there was no scent. I burned a few others and found a couple other scents that did not work.

I am grateful to have found Bitter Creek because they taught me about testing and have guided me in a lot of other things too. I am looking forward to the convention they are having in May so I can check out all the other fragrances without having to buy them all.

• Like 1