Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8% & higher for some, especially UK sourced oils.

I've not had any weeping oils with my waxes.

Had Lemon Biscotti Pie votive burning today with an ECO 4 which worked really well. I was thinking I might have to wick up with this one but maybe not. I'll be burning the pillar I made at the same time tomorrow, used an LX 24 so we'll see how that goes.

Right now I have a rose pillar burning which is gorgeous....if you like rose which I do, again F.o @ 8% & LX 24 wick. 2nd burn tomorrow will show how well it progresses.

I need to get these in tins now & compare them too.

I've poured so many testers in the last couple of weeks I don't have enough rooms to test them all out in, never mind I'll catch up eventually, & the house always smells sooo good.

Sally.

Today I made wax bears and wickless candles using 1 oz fo to 16 oz. wax-is that 6.25% and everything was super strong!!! I use EZ-soy from BCN. I made the following:

Blueberry-was very true and I'll be buying another to use plain, mix with cheesecake & birthday cake type scents

Lilac-even though i'm not a floral lover here it did smell very true, i had 2 gals that came to buy stuff and they both loved it.

Lavender-same as lilac-very true-same 2 gals loved that one and said it smelled just like lavender.

sugar cookie-i'm on the fence about this one-but only because with all the strong scents i've poured, i've got candlenose... need to "melt" it in the basement where no other scents will mingle with it.. It smells good with my nose in it...

i absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the andes thin mints & i will be buying more of this scent-even if it isn't xmas... just for myself because i absolutely love the actual candy-the way it smells and the way it tastes!!!

Candy Cane-this is definately a strong scent and i only used it at 6.25% so i can't imagine what 8% would do-maybe that's why some people get the fuel smell? I find it almost overpowering in my bears-but that's what i want so that it lasts well and smells up a room well.

i've got a few more i haven't tried yet & will post when i get those done. I'm planning on placing an order down the road here & am drooling :drool: over all her scents. I love that she doesn't charge $15 a bottle and her shipping is quick and very reasonable $$.

Keep it up, Bert!!! 38 pages and still going-must mean you have something great going!!!:yay:

Heather

One of my co-workers asked for a pot roast sent once!!

eww :lipsrseal to both of those. I can't believe someone would really want a candle that smelled like pot roast? I love the smell of a roast cooking, but I think I'll stick to actually cooking a roast to get that smell.

But, seriously, I can't wait to see what you have "cooking" after thanksgiving. :yay: I'm already in love with all the scents I've tried-but especially the Andes Thin Mints. I could just drink that one out of the bottle!!! :laugh2: I can't wait to order more!!!

Heather

i love all of Bert's Fo's so far i'm with ya on the andes thin mints it's to die for . plus i've fell in love with the cappunico hazelnut and the vanilla late man i don't drink coffee but love the smell of these.

Keep up the good work Bert i'll definitely be ordering more before long.

There are so many pages in this thread, it's hard to remember what I've read and haven't. Have any of you tried the french vanilla? I'm just wondering if this on may need to be wicked up? Just getting ready to pour a tester and though I'd see if anyone would share a hint.

Thanks

Rebecca

Love Bert's oils:drool: :yay::drool::yay:

cappunico hazelnut and the vanilla late - these 2 are on my list along with a LOT of others. Wish I could order 1 of each of all the scents-except the florals!!!

sorry, i don't do wicked candles yet, so i can't help you out on that-french vanilla does sound yummy though!!!

There are so many pages in this thread, it's hard to remember what I've read and haven't. Have any of you tried the french vanilla? I'm just wondering if this on may need to be wicked up? Just getting ready to pour a tester and though I'd see if anyone would share a hint.

Thanks

Rebecca

Love Bert's oils:drool: :yay::drool::yay:

I've got some curing right now in soy/para pillar blend.

I'll get it in CB135 ,in tins tomorrow so we can compare notes when they're cured.

Currently have Jasmine burning.......a knockout at 8% in the soy/para pillar blend, filling the whole downstairs of the house.

Upstairs I have the traditional cranberry burning but it's pretty light so I don't think I'll use it straight. I'll probably try mixing it with some orange spice or the cinnamon, nutmeg & clove.

ETA started the French Vanilla with LX24 in the pillar & Eco 4 in the votive.

Sally.

I need a vanilla (from Bert) for mixing , can anyone tell me which one to get as she has a couple to choose from??? Bert? Or anyone else? Rubbing my hands together for FRIDAY as I DO NEED to do a RE-ORDER on some that I've sold out of already...and I have a show on the first so I've been a pouring fool :D

TIA,

Beverly

Upstairs I have the traditional cranberry burning but it's pretty light so I don't think I'll use it straight. I'll probably try mixing it with some orange spice or the cinnamon, nutmeg & clove.

Sally.

Try mixing cranberry with just a little Christmas tree, makes a nice scent for the holidays. It's good with Orange spice as well or just plain ole orange.

Bert's going to bankrupt me!

I needed to get some #'s of certain oils & ended up getting a whole lot more of others.

Oh well it was my birthday recently & the money I got will pay half of the cost.

Only thing is paypal went & paid by echeque....again, so now I have to wait even longer :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

I'm retesting Columbian Coffee today, having to wick up 2 sizes in my CB135 tins. Started out with Eco5 in 4oz tins & Eco 8 in 8oz tins, I'm up to Eco 8 in 4oz & Eco 12 in 8oz now.

The throw is amazing every time but the mp just hasn't been good enough.

Redwood & Cedar is a killer fresh pine scent @ 8% so I can cut down on that one. Same with Rose & Jasmine.

Has anyone tried the Exotic Teak, Cashmere & Mandarin Clove, all in soy?

I've got them coming........along with all the others....:tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

I AM NOT GOING NEAR BERTS SITE TIL AFTER CHRISTMAS..........so if anyone has any more ideas to tempt me DONT TELL ME........please!!!!!

My kids want christmas presents not empty boxes with IOU's!!!!!

Sally.

Nope, no baby yet:cry2: Water still leaking - her great grandma - my ex gma in law - was an OB nurse and predicts about 3 more days. I say she will pop out when she is good and ready!

Just because you won't come near my site does not mean you can't keep in touch. I won't mention the F word - promise! No not that F word - fragrances - where are all your minds at? LOL

phew over an hour later I placed my order lol had to re read all these wonderful reviews.

This is what I am getting: :drool:

Vanilla Latte, Raspberry Brulee, Paradise, Andes Thin Mint,

Redwood Cedar, Fig & Melon , cool water , sweet pea, Tropical Vanilla

I tried Bert's oils for the first time in my CB Advanced, and I must say I was very pleased with the results! Christmas Tree, Pumpkin Custard Spice and Creme Brulee all did very well.. Creme Brulee ohhh man it made me hungry! I've got Christmas Pear, Rose, Monkey Farts, Candy Cane and Raspberry curing now. Raspberry smelled REALLY good while pouring it!

I made a few tarts with Exotic Teak, Green Tea, Bayberry and Cashmere too. The Bayberry and Cashmere were a little too strong for my taste, I don't think I'm a bayberry person. The Cashmere sort of reminded me of the Aveda Sapmoss shampoo, I wish I could get a dupe of that ;) Exotic Teak is a sort of musky smell, but very nice and a little sweet - I think it grows on you.

Can't wait to try some more!