Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

Deb, It is the best bakery Lemon I've smelled, I love it, and I am NOT a lemon fan.

Lemme know if ya want an oz to play w/ but I can safely tell ya, it throws great for me in our wax...:grin2:

Thanks Sharon, I think I'll order it anyway. I love lemon and I'd love to get a great Lemon.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just poured that today & cut it right back to 7%.

It's very strong oob & has mellowed out a little in the soy/pw pillar blend.

Am starting with an LX24 but I think it might need wicking up as it's quite a heavy oil.

I don't usually go for bakery scents but this is gorgeous.

Sally.

Just poured that today & cut it right back to 7%.

It's very strong oob & has mellowed out a little in the soy/pw pillar blend.

Am starting with an LX24 but I think it might need wicking up as it's quite a heavy oil.

I don't usually go for bakery scents but this is gorgeous.

Sally.

Sally, I also wick up on the LB. I also wick up on the Pumpkin Custard Spice and the Vanilla Latte...I do love the LB, and so do most of the folks who sniff it!!! :grin2:

Thread is sooo long now - I forget who or when someone posted about the Pumpkin Custard Spice having a "different" aroma - something they just couldn't put their finger on. Well I loaded up some melts at 8% and the majority (7 to 5) say it smells like butterscotch! :drool:

Guess I need to back down the FO% a little.

Thread is sooo long now - I forget who or when someone posted about the Pumpkin Custard Spice having a "different" aroma - something they just couldn't put their finger on. Well I loaded up some melts at 8% and the majority (7 to 5) say it smells like butterscotch! :drool:

Guess I need to back down the FO% a little.

I was thinking the same thing, Thought it was just me.

I really smell a campfire smell to the Pumpkin Custard Spice too. Long after the candle is out, I'll walk into the room and it smells like campfire smoke! Others don't smell this though. So I mixed a little Sugar Cookie to soften it a little. It didn't change the C/T much but it did soften the H/T with more of a bakery scent. Some people said "I can't smell the Pumpkin in it". Well, what does pumpkin smell like really? I assume it's the spices we associate with pumpkin, like nutmeg, cinnamon, clove etc. Anyway, I sold over a hundred of the Pumpkin Custard Spice already, so somebody likes it! :yay:

Has anyone poured her Caramel Corn yet? I have a sample to play with and by God, that's JUST what it smells like, strong and YUMMY! May be able to get to it tonight....also got her Exotic Teak, Sea Glass, Tea Leaf and Jasmine, Traditional Cranberry, ooo, and Blackberry...they are all very strong OOB and true, I am gonna mix that Blackberry with something, not sure what yet....

Tea leaf & Jasmine & Traditional Cranberry are curing right now, will post a report soon as I've burned them.

Cinnamon nutmeg & clove is burning as we speak it fills my bedroom nicely but I'd really like one that has more clove in it. I have to try it down stairs next, it's open plan so I tend not to test in here if I'm making candles too.

Christmas Pear is really nice but I've made another test pillar & wicked down as I think the LX 24 was burning too quickly.

Has anyone tested the Moonlight Path yet?

I poured it 2 days ago so it's curing now but I could barely smell a thing. Could be it's just a light fragrance & my sniffer isn't working too well due to the amount of pouring going on.

Sally.

Here are some more thumbs up that I poured in J223 except noted.

Lavender - True herbaceous lavender. Really strong. Love it! Poured in a 140 MP Mottling wax into container.

Fig & Melon - Love it!

Vanilla Latte - Love it!

Monkey Farts - I'm not a banana person but I think everyone at work just loved the name except they kept calling it Monkey Butt. Good throw. No fake banana smell to my nose.

Redwood & Cedar - The men at work love this scent. Although I dont think of it as a "man's scent." It rocked but I need to wick up.

Still have more to come.

Just wanted to report on Cappuccino Brulee..

In my Gb 415..it is wonderful...I thought Vanilla Latte was my favorite,,but I think it will have to move over..lol...

Have you tried the Cappuccino Hazelnut yet? It's awesome...smells like you're in a coffee shop! I love all the coffee scents...teas are really good too.

I made wax dipped bears today using her Andes Thin Mints and the Candy Cane... OMG is all i can say. my candlemaking room smelled awesome & still does!!! I also did a blueberry bear too and I will be buying a bigger one of that one-would love to mix it with some cake type smells and cheesecake!!! Would love to see her keep expanding her line-especially at the price she is able to offer us!!! I've got some other samples to try yet too-hopefully tomorrow!!!

:highfive: Bert!!! I will definately be ordering more oils from you!!! I can't believe how positive this thread is and the fact that it is still going says a lot about you and the quality of the oils you sell!!!!

Heather

Ok, an update. I broke down and burned my candy cane tester a little early. I mixed palm and a little paraffin (80/20...by the way, it DOES take away the crystal appearance) added 6% fo,uncolored and it cured for 24 hours. I wicked with a CSN 14. The candle had amazing cold throw so I was convinced it would give a great hot throw even after only 24 hrs. Well, it sure did!!!! It filled my whole main floor easily!Initially, it gave a tiny fuel smell, but after burning for about a half hour it was gone and all I could smell was sweet, minty candy cane.:drool: .

As for wicking, so far so good with this mix. I have NOT burned it all the way down yet so I can't decide of the wicking is correct right now or not but it does give off an excellent hot throw.

I also poured christmas tree, apple pie and mac apple. I'll let you all know about those too for what it's worth. I know not many people use the blend I'm using so I'm not sure how much it will help anyone, lol.

I used 8% in both Ecosoya CB135 & my own soy/para pillar blend.

Worked fantastically well in both.

I think I'm going to cut it down to 7.5% tho as I'm trying to avoid the mushrooms I was getting.

Sally.

I was thinking the same thing...used 8% in the CB135 but think I can cut back on it and still get an awesome throw

I don't do wicked candles-i do "wickless candles" and "melts" and wax dipped bears and I used 1 oz. pp for all those and it smelled very good, very true with that-not sure what % that amounts to though...

love that smell though, I had to go buy some andes thin mints as i love those!!!

heather

Really??? 8%... or .8 oz??? I used about 5% (.8 oz) and it about blew my head off when pouring it...my son walked in and said the whole house smells like chocolate candies! That's a good thing. Now to see if any oil weeps out and how it does burning. I also poured Bayberry today and wow that is one strong fo at about 4% (.7 oz) and I'm thinking it might be too much.