Bayberry

eugenia

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are beautiful! I've tried rustics and can't get it right, but I sure want to try again. Do you use more than 1 color? And can you use any pillar wax? Mine never come out rustic, don't know why yet but I'm working on it. You pour cool and into a cool mold and kind of sloppy, is this right? Once again, those are just so pretty!

Those are beautiful! I've tried rustics and can't get it right, but I sure want to try again. Do you use more than 1 color? And can you use any pillar wax? Mine never come out rustic, don't know why yet but I'm working on it. You pour cool and into a cool mold and kind of sloppy, is this right? Once again, those are just so pretty!

You have to use a straight pillar wax that has no additives. IGI 1343 and Candlewic 4045H are two I've used. For this one, I used a single color, varying the amounts added to the melted wax as I go. I pour at 150, splashing the sides, into room temperature molds and use 3 TBS of stearic pp of wax.

HTH,

e

• 4 weeks later...
Please tell us how it is done, it so nice

Do a search for rustic pillars. There are a ton of threads. I use Candlewic 4045H poured at 150 degrees. I learned how to make these right here. As a beginner, I would drool at the gallery, and still often do, LOL.

e