I guess I better post some pictures....

Bruce, your candles are a work of art worthy of praise!!! I never seen such beautiful candles in my life, I really love the contrast of the black/white candle very awe inspiring!!!

Keep up the good work :bow: :bow:, you most definitely rock:rockon: , when it comes to sculpting candles you get nothing but a :thumbsup: from me!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video? If I could ever get my laptop to go wireless you could all watch me carve one on web cam thru yahoo messenger or thru some chat room that everyone could come too. (have the card and wireless deal, just need to take time to figure it out) I still want to make a gif of me carving, but just dont have the time. Micheal, thanks those words, really really thanks. :) Yes my Father learned a month before he trained me... so we call it 2nd generation even if it was only a month... but my 4 kids, they will really be able to say it.In Blue Ridge mall in Kansas city years ago I saw another carver that put me to shame. This guy was a freak, truly great. He could make a 10 inch perfect cut in half a second, this dude could cook, so I dont think of myself as a master and have never looked into geting that "title" ... but it would be kinda cool and would be nice for marketing products.Love Waynes world!Web site? Opps, sorry your gona get a 404 error there. I don't have a web site for a few reasons, mostly because right now I sell as much as I want to sell at my local shows and a few wholesale accounts. I did the "store manager" thing and worked umpteenhundred hours a week for way too many years and had total burn out and I dont want that to happen with candles. I just want to go slow and do my thing so it dont get to me. Im too picky to let anyone else pour the candles so Im kinda stuck with what I can do myself. I do get lots of help from the wife and kids.. just not in pouring and I have to be there watching what ever they do. LOL I use stuff like the rustic angels and pies to slow people down so they can smell (buy) the other candles we sell so we can get that repeat business. Thats why I had that custom mold made that is like 18 inch tall, I have never seen a carved candle that big and thought it would be good to just have on the table to get people to stop. (I just didnt count on how heavy that sucker was gona be with 30 coats of wax on it)

My DH wants to know if he can turn your Angel into a Stain Glass pattern and Make a panel out of it.

As always my jaw drops when I see your works of art. :drool: Wonderfully done .

Sure, just make sure you post a picture of it so I can see how it turns out! How cool! Bruce

• 2 months later...

Bruce, you totally ROCK dude!! Those are fantastic! I especially love the rustic technique you used in the christmas tree one.

It is always a true pleasure to see your work and it is quite refreshing to see creativity at its finest!

Thank you for posting these!