I guess I better post some pictures....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce, your work is inspiring. I spent lots of time looking through the old gallery, and the things that you can do, place me in awe. Do you have a website? Would you mind to post it, or pm it to me? That angel is gorgeous. I am in awe of all of it.

These are beautiful- should one burn them? Too much like a piece of art, I bet most buy and display (and never burn them) I know I wouldn't. I'm just in awe and can ONLY imagine how much time (and patience) went into them- you can tell how much you enjoy/love your work- just BEAUTIFUL :)

Hey, thanks for all the nice comments you all !

I will try to get back here Sunday night after we get back and answer any questions that I can. :D

You all better quit or the wife will be cutting a hole in the roof for my swelling head. ;) Humm, conehead candle company.... I can just see it now! LOL

Really, thanks alot for the replies.

Bruce

Back and rested from the show!Thanks again for looking at my stuff. Not many people burn the fancy ones... thats probably why when someone has one...they dont think about buying more except for a gift. They will not burn that great anyway because the wicks have to be oversized to hold the weight of the candle while its hung up and being carved. Most carved ones have pigments for colors, which we all know dont do well when you burn them. I use dyes, but the white is a pigment and all of the candles have white in them.How long do they take? What did we do last year, did I do 3 candles in a hour from board requests? I think it was 3. I told folks to list some color choices and when 3 people replied, I started to make them and had them done and pictures of them posted in a hour. That was fun and some of the color combinations I really liked and would have never thought of them on my own. (thanks again for that board members)Wish I had more time to make this kind of fun stuff, but you have to make the stuff that they come back for each week. Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I certainly remember your work from the old site, and not knowing the first thing about carved candles personally,have no way knowing the amount of effort and expertise that into such beautiful works of art. Was it you that had a father that was in the industry? Was this something that was passed down from one generation to the next?

It didn't take me long as a "newbie" to learn that you are certainly the most respected artist in the business. I love to see someone that has taken a "craft" to the next level which, no doubt, qualifies it to be viewed and enjoyed as "art". You must be very proud of your work, as are your "fans" who have a keen appreciation for your creations.

My question is the same as so many others. Is your work available for purchase online?

Thank you for sharing with us,

Michael

The Dallas dean