New tall rooster

Donita

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that is beautiful. I just don't understand how you can get all that embedded before it starts to set up. You are so talented

Not Donita here, but... it's not embedded. She creates the design on the side of the huricane, petal by petal. I can't even imagine having that much patience...lol

• 4 months later...

Damn, damn, double damn. You just ruined my whole damned Christmas. You'vfe gotta STOP showing those gorgeous canes once and for all. You know how hard I'm trying and then along you come with another work of art and make me feel totally incompitent. Donita, "THAT ROOSTER IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL" thanks for sharing.

Ashwini....the balloon candles are made by using top quality balloons....fill them with cool water from the faucet.....wipe them dry....I use hurricane wax, 5055 with 1/2 oz micro 180 pp. Let the wax cool to 160....dip balloon into the wax and just hold it there.....it will start building a shell. Then take it out slowly. If you want to make it thicker.....set in down carefully and let it cool a bit. I don't like putting it into cool water because it gets water between the layers, for me anyway....then put it back into the wax and take out, repeat until you have it as thick as you want. (now is when you dip it into cool water)..then pop the balloon over the sink and you will have a hurricane. Flatten the bottom in a frying pan or leveler and the top. Decorate with flowers, or put in a metal core wick and use container fill wax to make it into a regular candle....just be sure to use very cool wax and only pour in about 1/2 inch at a time so you don't distort the shell....you can use a different color....there are all kinds of ideas for doing these. You can carve them too. Have fun. Donita

AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT BROUGHT THIS THREAD UP AND COMPLIMENTED MY WORK!!!!!! I am so tired at this time of year that it is nice to be appreciated. Happy Holidays to all.