What candle in more popular in your state?

I would think that scented jar candles and tarts would be more popular in the North, especially in the New England states, and that pillars and votives would be more popular in the Southern States.

As an example. A friend of mine was selling something at one of the big shows in Phoenix, Arizona. She said the boths with scented jar candles were dead, but the one with pillars and votives was hoping.

What state are you from, and what is your biggest seller?

:grin2: Mississippi. In my area, jar candles are the norm. selling point would be the scent throw I guess. although, when I have presented my pilllar or votive candles, they seem to like them( have not put out for sale yet:) I find that in some of the stores, the pillars are not well scented and so when I make mine I load them with scent:)

Both...things that are lidded and some non lidded i.e....I buy vintage coffee cans..the old keywind kind...some of them come with lids some don't..so I adapt..I always grubbie the top so the lids don't fit in the beginning anyway...I found old lipton tea cans at the flea market for $1.00 ea..these all have lids..so..candle will be lidded...however, I also found this wonderful large wooly sheep circa 1950's...it looks like it's an old florest container..I just filled it with April Fresh Downy candle wax and grubbied the top..so either or depending on the container. Hope this makes some sense..if I do pour a regular jar candle..I always add that little dohickey that screws into the top of the jar to keep wick centered..don't know why except I bought some from a seller who did that and I thought it was a nice extra and my regular customers will bring back the jar with the thingie for refills...lol

SOUTH MISSISSIPPI, I WOULD SAY CONTAINER/JAR(16oz)

and the others that posted ALABAMA could you please post what area? i am originally from there. lower BAMA, a place called atmore on the florida line..just curious..i like to know where ppl are from..sorry for messing up the thread..