parrafin wax bashing

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY LORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.. THIS THREAD IS STILL GOING ON???

PARAFFIN USERS- GET IN YOUR CORNER WITH ME.

SOY USERS- GET IN YOUR CORNER

LET ROUND 2 BEGIN. LMFAO

DING DING DING

BY THE WAY. THAT IS SOY USERS ON THE GROUND. JUST KIDDING.

ok- just trying to make someone laugh dang it.

post-1870-139458415184_thumb.jpg

Sorry, but that is not what you were saying. Here is what you said.

"But once again some of you soy users (especially the marketing types), have a bit of a selective comprehension on things. This debate is about how some of us (including some soy makers themselves), are tired of the losers out there having to bash and scare to sell their piece of crap product."

Meaning, anyone that has ever said ANYTHING about paraffin, and sells soy candles, sells crap products. I think YOU need to check yourself! You are NO better than the ones bashing paraffin candles. You are doing the same thing they do.

Anyway, I am done with this childsplay. Everyone has their own opinions and their own likes/dislikes with wax. Everyone also, is entitled to think that paraffin sucks, and soy is better. Maybe they did have paraffin candles that didn't burn long, or sooted really bad. I know I have had quite a few that did, that's why I don't use them or make them. I love soy candles and I do agree that they burn longer and have way less soot.. BUT, you know what? That's just my opinion.. I'm not going to go jump down someone's throat or call their products *crappy* because I don't agree with them.. Only someone immature, would stoop that low..

I really think you are reading something that isnt there. BUT..that's just My Opinion!

Ok i wont say anything else...lol

I am a newbie, but I just wanted to say that I have been making candles for about 7 years (soy, paraffin, and gel). I have had all of these candles soot in test burns w/o the proper wick or too much FO.

I do not sell my candles right now, but I was selling during a 2-3 yesr period. I had very few people ask about soy candles, although I did offer them.

Most customers preferred gel because it burned a lot longer. The other customers bought with scent or appearance in mind.

Rarely, I got requests for unscented soy.

I really do not want to go back and read thru all posts but is it not illegal to mis represent your product with lies and unsupported facts?

There is a company called Swan Creek Candles that I saw their stuff at a local store and there pamphlet appauled me with all of it's nonsense between paraffin and soy and simply stated in bold letters that "the debate was over". And that soy was better than paraffin.

I really do not want to go back and read thru all posts but is it not illegal to mis represent your product with lies and unsupported facts?

There is a company called Swan Creek Candles that I saw their stuff at a local store and there pamphlet appauled me with all of it's nonsense between paraffin and soy and simply stated in bold letters that "the debate was over". And that soy was better than paraffin.

Swan Creek sells their candles in Joann fabrics. I found them in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin also. Good scent throw but sloppy presentation.

To be honest, I don't think anyone has been sued for misrepresentation. If someone did file a complaint, I assure you the wording would be changed instantaneously, without the backup, I cannot see how you wouldn't be liable for misrepresentation. Having said that, I am not familiar with that type of law, so I could be very wrong LOL! :D But, I too, have always thought it was illegal but they do it anyway.

Actually quite some time ago Doctors would say that cigarette smoking was good for you and today drug companies say how wonderful and safe their drugs are but they don't tell of the 1000's of people a year who die from dangerous side effecfts, so it might be some time before anything changes! :undecided

Actually quite some time ago Doctors would say that cigarette smoking was good for you and today drug companies say how wonderful and safe their drugs are but they don't tell of the 1000's of people a year who die from dangerous side effecfts, so it might be some time before anything changes! :undecided

Very true, kind of scary...but plenty of people won big money when they finally took them to court. I think that is what makes the changes, people don't change until it hits them in the pocketbook.

I think that the real problem in all of this is that soy candles do not sell as well as paraffin. We have hundreds of people come into our store each week; in talking with them about their scent needs many mention that they have tried soy but didn't like it. The scent throw wasn't what they expected. They buy paraffin because they like it better. I don't bash soy in front of them; I don't have to; they are already convinced. However, ever so often a "tree-hugger" will come in with their nose in the air and ask for soy. When I explain that we only offer paraffin, the noses always get a little higher and they proceed out the door. I then have fun with them. I ask why they like soy. None of them ever has a real clue, only what they have heard (plus it's politically correct), so I educate them. Convert a few and confuse the hell out of the others. Our consumers, not us chandlers, are the judge and jury for our products.

I agree. Beeswax is awesome. But expensive. We pour whatever the public wants, not what we like best. Our market here demands inexpensive candles that are highly scented from top to bottom and all of the wax burns away. If my customers wanted soy, we would quit paraffin and pour soy/blends. This is our livelyhood, and we are customer responsive.

However, ever so often a "tree-hugger" will come in with their nose in the air and ask for soy. When I explain that we only offer paraffin, the noses always get a little higher and they proceed out the door.

hmmm...very interesting...I happen to be a self proclaimed "Granola Crunching Tree-Hugger" thank you very much! (writting this with "nose in the air") lol :wink2:

LOL. Whoops. Stepped in it. My apologies to all of the granola crunching types out there. But the ones that come into the store are the extreme and not the kind, benevolent chandler types. :)

Ok....I'll let you slide on this one...lol ;)...(writting with nose pointed down)

At some point I wonder when someone is going to sue the hell out of these people. Do they think the fragrances they are putting into the soy do not emit toxins? If they go to the EPA they will find out that is the main culprit. Ignorance is not an excuse when you are selling to the public.

Okay not to start up another fire. But I was looking at custom candle sites because I was thinking of going that route. But I stumbled across this site. Very professional looking ,but I think you will see what I was seeing.

www.madisonavenuecandles.com/

lol...you gotta love the BS on that site...I love the fact that their candles are "Organic" :rolleyes2 where do they come up with this stuff!