Beeswax Fern Pillar (Updated - Final Pic)

Henryk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry it took so long to reply to this thread - been busy and wanted to get a pic of the new ones. These are actually cranberry, sage, and a cocoa-brown color - though on my monitor it doesn't look that way! The brown is actually my favorite.

Yes, its from Mann Lake. Yes, its silicone. Its split 3/4 of the way and held together with rubber bands. Doing these colors really stained it too - reds especially stain them - I had to pour a couple white beeswax ones to get the bleeding to stop (paraffin did not work) - the mold is still stained inside, but it no longer bleeds.

Chris - I do like the round one, but I don't like making globe-shaped or for that matter ANY novelty candles because the pillars burn so much better and I always make my candles to burn them above all else. Its a zen-thing!

Kaybee23 - that other one in the picture, the tester - is now gone. :sad2: It burned perfectly however! The only issue I noticed is that if you use too much of the gold buffing, it sort of keeps the wall from folding in on itself in those places. (If you notice, that is another reason why I only did the buffing on the raised portions on these, besides the aesthetic reasons).

ED1 - no, I don't sell - I don't have insurance. These take way too long to make - it doesn't look like it I know, but to get that buff and glitter on this way on these three took me 2 hours to do - you have to dip in each and then apply at a right angle to the relief - its a pain. I actually got tired doing these - they could have been much better IMO.

FernFinale.jpg

Oh, forgot - I tried doing one in the copper buff and glitter - way too dark. They look best with the plain gold against a dark background. (They REALLY look good with another candle burning next to them, or if burned in a grouping).

• 2 weeks later...

Henry, Henry, Henry....what can I say that already hasn't already been said. Those are just beautiful......I would love to have a dozen of them around my house.......and what perfect gifts too. You have just outdone yourself. Congradulations....you are a master. Hugs and Kisses ......Donita