WOW!!! What some people will market

Actually we have these in our salon but a different brand. The wax or whatever it is , is NOT hot at all. It wont burn you, just blow out the flame of course and use the little scoop to put the wax in your hands. Its totally safe as long as a responsible person doenst run their fingers thru the flame like an idiot. They smell fantastic too. Its makes your hands incredibly soft. Our message therapist uses them sometimes for message. You have to experience them before you can criticize them.

I didn't mean that as a criticism. Sorry you took it that way. With my luck, I would have some moron that would be stupid enough not to blow out the flame and sue me. Then, I would be lucky enough to have a judge that would side with the moron. That was my thought behind my post. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. That is the bad thing about posting. You can't hear the person's voice to determine whether they are being a smart butt or not. Also, if you worried about offending every person out there, you would type a post that is page long.

Take care,

Beverly S.

I don't see a problem with it. We sell quite a few of these. One of our biggest sellers. It is no hotter then dipping your hand in wax when you go to a physical therapist. A lot of people keep bringing up the negative side of this without probabaly knowing what the product is all about. Dont you think you should know the facts before criticizing a product? Just because it does not appeal to one person does not mean that it wont appeal to another.

Guest EMercier

This is like the candle I saw in Victoria Secret. I posted a question a long while ago on how to make them. I don't see harm in it. I think it's the wax that they use does not get that hot.

I know a lot about them I still think they are a bad idea for one very good reason.

Little girl watches mom use that candle. Then goes to friends house sees friend's mom candle burning blows out the candle and pours the hot wax in to friend's hand next step hospital visit.

Any one that has kids can see the inherent danger in this type of candle. I also think anyone that makes them should be held responsible for the little child that get burned because of that type of candle. I would almost bet it has already happens they just have not figured out the cause yet when they do anyone that makes this type of candle will be in for major lawsuits.

If that were me, I would have gotten sued the first week of production! lol. That looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Beverly S

That would scare me to..

I personally would not want to make and sell them myself.

With my luck, some "idiot" would not follow the directions and try to pour the wax on them with the candle lit and accidentally set their hair on fire. Then while trying to extinguish their lit head by rolling on the floor, they would set their house on fire..

(My vision of a law suit):tiptoe: LOL

But, I am sure, that when used properly they are probably very good...

I don't see much problem with them, although I would never make one to sell, simply because I do not have enough knowledge on how to make a safe one. However, to say we shouldn't have them because kids will see mom use it and repeat what mom did, then I have a hundred stories to share. A personal one is that I recall watching my dad shave his whiskers when I was little. I was a girl but I admired my dad and wanted to be like him. So after he left the bathroom, I took the single edge razor out of the medicine cabinet and proceeded to cut the heck out of my upper lip! My parents didn't think of suing the razor manufacturer ... rather, I got a smack on my bottom and was told to leave daddy's things alone!

Just a thought here...(please don't jump all over me, I'm just a poor little noob and am still studying dilligently--haven't even poured a tart yet!) If someone wanted to get in on this lastest trend, why wouldn't a soy tart work? No flames, maybe no lawsuit? I don't know how hot wax gets in a tart burner yet, but I would think a low mp wax and a low watt burner might work. Just a thought....

I don't think we should all base our businesses on the 'what if's' if that was the case we would never try anything new..and no one would ever come up with GREAT products because they are to scared of getting sued.

I have leaned this over the past year or so..someone out there will sue anyone for anything..and don't let that stop you from possibly earning alot of money off of a product that MOST people know what to do with and can read the directions.

You just have to make sure you have it clearly labled with all the DONT DO THIS..things and your behind will be covered. If they miss use the product then the chances are that they will the ones out of $$ for court costs.

So if you want to make the candle that you dip your hands in go ahead..just make sure you label it properly..including the keep out of reach of children and pets. ..

who says someone won't eat your candles or bath & body stuff right this very second and sue you because it does not say DO NOT EAT on it.

JMHO...:D

now I should go consult my attorney cause I am sure someone right now is eating my tester of pink sugar silkly sugar scub.

I didn't mean that as a criticism. Sorry you took it that way

Sorry, I didnt mean to sound like I was ripping you:embarasse Did'nt mean too. But it really is kind of a cool concept if you can keep it away from the stupid people.

I would not worry about a lawsuit with it, just like everything you do, you can get sued for it. I know people that live for it sadly.

i know this might seem weired but i put not to be ingested on my products.

Yep, that's weird, lbtddr, ;) but no weirder than the warnings from major manufacturers of proucts, ie. hairdryer: do not use in bathtub, meat grinder: do not insert fingers, bug spray: do not spray in eyes, super glue: do not put on skin, toaster: do not insert metal objects. Well, duh!

I came across something on a soy info board about a Skacandle which is sold in beauty salons/spas. They explain it like a hardened lotion that you light. It has some of the same ingredients as this other skinny dip candle and you can wholesale it.

A friend of mine recently held a True Romance party(adult toys, lingerie, etc) and they were selling their version of this. It comes in a silver gravy boat type container and we all tried it. They don't even extinguish it before pouring it on. In my opinion it was very greasy and smelled like a blown out candle. I personally would never purchase one, if I want lotion, I'll buy lotion, if I want to burn a candle, I'll do just that.

You will never be able to keep it away from "the stupid people" and even if you put do not ingest or something similar on your product, it doesn't mean that anyone is going to see it or even heed your advice.

This particular company kept referring to it as pure soy, so what's to keep any regular Joe from thinking this is the same as any other soy candle on the market?

IMO, it's just not something I would want any part of, buying, selling or using. But, that's just me! I honestly don't mean to offend anyone who does make and sell these, just my opinion of the one that I did try for myself.

-Jessica