What scent do you hate making the most

candlebean

Food scents! I am sooo tired of food scents! I am still trying to understand why anyone would want to smell food in their homes all day and nothing is being cooked! There are times when I don't want to smell real food at all!

I am working so hard so that one day I will have a house designed so that the kitchen is totally detached from my home!

When I began with B&B I was shocked at the amount of food fragrances there are..:shocked2: .I personally think there is a conspiracy to keep americans obese and unhealthy!....so, yeah I hate making things that smell of food!:mad: :mad:

That is funny! Most of our customers say they love to have the smell of something baking in the oven, it makes their home feel like a home--warm and inviting. I never even thought of fruit or bakery scents as leading people to obesity! LOL That is so hilarious! :yay:

My worst scents to pour are florals---they smell pretty, but they make me gag! Yuck!!! My favorite are clean, fruity, earthy types.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is funny! Most of our customers say they love to have the smell of something baking in the oven, it makes their home feel like a home--warm and inviting. I never even thought of scents as leading people to obesity! LOL That is so hilarious! :yay:

I never said it was leading people to obesity. I really do believe that there is a serious obsession with food and just maybe that's not something lost on these fragrance manufacturers..hmmm I bet those food fragrances are more popular than all the others combined! And I don't really understand how the smell of cookies and pies baking in the oven can make you feel anything but hungry:drool: and all those edible looking candles, what's that about?...strange just strange. I am in no way blaming the obesity problems in our country on the fragrance manufactures because it's way bigger than them. There is a reason for the demand(food obsession being one)) and they are simply suppliers.;)

So how do they get made Chris when you leave? J/K!!! I'll come make for ya :D

I have stock in a clothespin company... :wink2:

And hey, come on over if you want to make those scents! :cheesy2: I did discontinue the Obsession (that was the worst for me to make); That darn patchouli is probably never going away though.

I hate fake scents.....chocolate (never smelled one that comes close to smelling anything but FAKE ewwww, banana...well most fruits, really.

When I started I hated bakery scents. I have grown to where I almost like WYW Biscotti but most of them still turn my stomach. I have grown to like Vanilla in some blends.

I also did not care for florals....now there are some combinations I like, but NO ROSE, except for some in blends.

just poured my first cinnamon candles - have managed to put it off for months and months but I got a request and yes, it makes me want to barf. I thought it might when I first got a bottle and sniffed it oob so I hid the bottle and tried to forget that I had it.

Don't think I'll be pouring them again. Also did banana cream pie candles at the same time and the scent of the two mixed together is enough to make anyone hurl.

Nat

I haven't actually poured anything yet, but I got some samples of FO and I know from even smelling other candles that anything blueberry muffin will make me yak and so will just about all floral scents. But my instahurl scent is campfire. I made some room spray with that and lost it as soon as the bottle was open. EWWWW

• 1 month later...
Baby powder. Makes me think of dirty diapers every time. Leather is right behind it, but doesn't make me think of dirty diapers, just pasture poo.

rollin' :laugh2:

don't like BP here either, or RA Fresh Aire....AND POMEGRANATE- ew,yuck,gross

but I do like leather (I'm kinda a horse person)

I HATE lilac, rose, patchouli and most floral scents except for Honeysuckle. Some of the florals actually cause me to start wheezing, so needless to say I have almost done away with all floral scents except for the honeysuckle and the lilac. Lilac is one of my best sellers in lotion bars.