FedEx using technology to combat lost package claims

FedEx arrived right on time this morning. I walked out to grab the packages to keep the werewolves from jumping through the glass to get the intruder. He thanked me for taking the packages, but had to walk to the front door so the GPS of the little computer scanner could prove he delivered the packages to the door. What next? Photos? 

How about that?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

What next? Photos? 

Not sure what service it was, but when my wife went to track a package the other day there was a picture of it on the doorstep where they left it.

• Like 2

That's pretty cool they are starting to take photos of the delivered boxes. It seems to me that would also be an incentive to make sure its delivered intact as opposed to the box being beat up or missing pieces or open. One can always hope.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Testing123 said:

If a customer claims the package was stolen who's at fault?

I would think, with pictures of the delivery, that would release the seller and delivery company from any responsibility. GPS records might do the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 1:48 PM, TallTayl said:

FedEx arrived right on time this morning. I walked out to grab the packages to keep the werewolves from jumping through the glass to get the intruder. He thanked me for taking the packages, but had to walk to the front door so the GPS of the little computer scanner could prove he delivered the packages to the door. What next? Photos? 

How about that?

"What next? Photos"?  Amazon is already taking pictures of your package sitting in front of your door. Some of you may not have Amazon's private delivery trucks in your ares yet, but taking pictures is what they're doing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I got a photo before also of one Amazon package from them..

I couldn't find it and could not figure out where that photo was taken first as it looked nowhere where we live

then I realized that they put it on our garbage can at the back in our alleyway and not even on our street... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, strugglebrother said:

I got a photo before also of one Amazon package from them..

I couldn't find it and could not figure out where that photo was taken first as it looked nowhere where we live

then I realized that they put it on our garbage can at the back in our alleyway and not even on our street... 

The garbage can?!!!

I once had a package that was delivered and placed under my front door mat. Of course I didn't find it so I called the company and they replaced it. About 6 months later I was cleaning my front porch and when I lifted the doormat I saw the package. I was steamed about all the trouble I had gone through for this package that a stupid delivery man put it in a place I could not find it.

• Haha 1

Well, at least on the garbage can someone won’t be as motivated to steal it? 🤷🏻‍♀️

What a seemingly dumb place to leave it though. Could have been picked up with the garbage. Sigh.  I need to check out of civilization for a bit I think. 🙈

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 9:43 AM, Quentin said:

"What next? Photos"?  Amazon is already taking pictures of your package sitting in front of your door. Some of you may not have Amazon's private delivery trucks in your ares yet, but taking pictures is what they're doing.

When they take the photos it reminds me that I should clean off the porch.

• Haha 1