Straight up cinnamon revisited

RWV

Ok, so my absolute favorite straight cinnamon for candles was from Tennessee, second was Steve’s at  the Candlemaker’s Store.  I tried burnin’ love cinnamon years ago from Bluegrass (now at RE/AH); although a nice scent I got wick clogging no matter which wicks, and when I cut back on the scent to solve the wick problem, it just wasn’t’t strong enough.  So, here’s what I’m looking for—no fruity/woodsy/citrus blends, not sweet like red hots (although that would be fine if it’s not too sweet), but a really good straight up cinnamon with excellent throw at a low enough percentage to avoid the wick clogging issue.  (I’m not asking for much, right?). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

My fav cinnamon is Cinnamon Broom from FB. Its a red hot cinnamon type with out all the candy sweetness. Just super hot cinnamon. Reminds me of those cinnamon pine cones the local grocer's sell when you walk into the store and get a big whiff of strong cinnamon. It stays strong in wax too.

• Like 2

I always used NG cinnamon red hot. It was a best seller for me. It was exactly like a atomic fireball. Very little sweetness but a whole lot of nose burning hot cinnamon. Unfortunately after a not so fun night of drinking a bottle of aftershock to myself and paying a dear price I can no longer smell cinnamon without water rising in my throat. Which sucks cuz cinnamon was always my favorite gum/candy. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 10 months later...

Can we talk about cinnamon again?  Get some more suggestions discussed?  I'm using the same cinnamon that @*Dee* mentioned but I literally have zero experience with any other cinnamon so I'm not sure what's better out there.  It's pretty dang good, and not as candy-sweet as I at first thought it would be, but are there others even better?

I, obviously, did not have the fun night with cinnamon that Dee did, so I'm still OK having it around.  :D   And Fireball is probably my favorite thing in the world to mix with apple cider this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently poured Cinnamon from Peak (now Keystone) and it's a good cinnamon. I also like cinnamon broom from FB a lot. Also, Cinnamon crunch cake from JS is really good and strong. I don't get bakery notes that much but it does have a lot of cinnamon. I also have cinnamon red hots from NG and I think cinnamon from Cajun and some from CS. I guess I need to compare!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/27/2022 at 5:04 PM, coffeebean said:

Can we bump this topic up again. I have been using JS Cinnamon stick and it was amazing. Shes out of it now, so I'm on the hunt for another one.I ordered NG red hot cinnamon until i can find one.

You liked the one from JS? I don't think I've used hers but some of her other FO's didn't seem to throw for me. I do love her Cinnamon crunch cake though. I've seen several talk about her pumpkin pie spice but it wouldn't throw for me either. I'm not sure what i"m doing wrong.

Did you get your other cinnamon in?

9 hours ago, Belinda said:

You liked the one from JS? I don't think I've used hers but some of her other FO's didn't seem to throw for me. I do love her Cinnamon crunch cake though. I've seen several talk about her pumpkin pie spice but it wouldn't throw for me either. I'm not sure what i"m doing wrong.

Did you get your other cinnamon in?

I do love the cinnamon crunch cake as well. I just received re hot cinnamon from NG. I have to test it yet on the hot throw.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I do love the cinnamon crunch cake as well. I just received re hot cinnamon from NG. I have to test it yet on the hot throw.

Does it smell good and strong OOB? Please share your results when you have them. What wax do you use?