Rustic Escentuals faves? Scent Event next week

Darbla

Some that may or may not have been mentioned

Butternut Pumpkin

Country Gift Shop

Hoping Farmer's Market is a good one (just sticking that out there)

Bora Bora

Essence of Jesus

Red Saffron

Golden Opium

Hippie Chick

Pink Lilac and Willow

Peach Pie Filling

Rapture (but not for candles)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scented said:

Some that may or may not have been mentioned

Butternut Pumpkin

Country Gift Shop

Hoping Farmer's Market is a good one (just sticking that out there)

Bora Bora

Essence of Jesus

Red Saffron

Golden Opium

Hippie Chick

Pink Lilac and Willow

Peach Pie Filling

Rapture (but not for candles)

Ahhh... peach pie filling is a tuall one that is on special right now @Scented  Does this smell like just a fresh peach or is it more of a peach with spices and pie crust?  Also is it strong in candles?  😇

40 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

@ncraiders What 20 are in your list?  If you don't mind sharing of course.  

These are the ones i will be ordering.  I will be getting a few plain cinnamon fragrances as I am looking for a good strong cinnamon.  The last two fragrances are for someone else.

Burnin' Love Cinnamon
    Baked Apple HI
    Celtic MoonSpice
    Christmas Tree Garland
    Cider Barrel
    Cinnamon Styx
    Farmer's Market
    Fruit Medley
    Grandma's Cupboard
    Kettle Corn
    Love Spell
    Molten Spark
    Rustic Lodge
    Tropical Fruit Slices
    Volcano type
    Danish Butter Cookies
    Funnel Cake    
    Earl Grey & Apple 

Birthday Cake           
    Spiced Pumpkin Latte      

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ncraiders said:

These are the ones i will be ordering.  I will be getting a few plain cinnamon fragrances as I am looking for a good strong cinnamon.  The last two fragrances are for someone else.

Burnin' Love Cinnamon
    Baked Apple HI
    Celtic MoonSpice
    Christmas Tree Garland
    Cider Barrel
    Cinnamon Styx
    Farmer's Market
    Fruit Medley
    Grandma's Cupboard
    Kettle Corn
    Love Spell
    Molten Spark
    Rustic Lodge
    Tropical Fruit Slices
    Volcano type
    Danish Butter Cookies
    Funnel Cake    
    Earl Grey & Apple 

Birthday Cake           
    Spiced Pumpkin Latte      

Good Morning!  The Baked Apple HI, Rustic Lodge, Spiced Pumpkin Latte are all phenomenal!!! @GailC is actually the one who got me to order the Spiced Pumpkin Latte from RE the first time and I loved it!  @Sarah S has also shared with me that the SPL from JS is also great.  I would also like to try the one from JS to test it in my wax.  😇  

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 12:05 AM, Marleigha said:

Okey dokey smokey!  I started making a list and Pumpkin Creme brulee and Southern Pecan Pie are certainly on the list!  Only issue is I will definitely have to narrow this list down as I have 130 on the list.... 😬  I can assure you that those

2 along with Pumpkin Bread will not be deleted!  😂  I need some new pumpkin ones.  And this far I don't have anything but cramelized pralines from CS as for Pecan or pralines so gonna try the SP pie.  

I'm on a FB group and many seem to like Natures Items . Anyone tried any of the oils. People on the group seem to love them. I personally haven't tried them.

https://www.naturesitems.com/

3 minutes ago, Sunday said:

does Rustic escentuals only post favorable reviews...? Looks like it's just one or two reviews per fragrance but all 5 stars....I'm sure this can't be right?

I have seen several 3 star reviews but i have not payed that much attention to the star ratings on all the fragrances i looked at on there.  I don't pay alot of attention to the star count just what the reviews actually say.  Plus i will be the first to admit that i don't post reviews on things i don't like, I just don't buy it again.  One of the downsides with reviews on fragrance oils is that everyone smells it differently and the fact that they don't put in what type of wax they used.  Every fragrance can one wax or another but might not work in all waxes.  So if Joe Smith said it has poor throw it might of been there wax and I might overlook a great scent due to a poor wax & fragrance combo.

This is just my opinion on reviews with fragrance oils.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2018 at 7:51 PM, Darbla said:

Have you FOHOs seen the blends described in their crafting blog?  I'ma try some of these:

https://library.rusticescentuals.com/

Ooooo, that Scottish Apothecary blend makes me think of Master Raymond, the interesting physician and herbalist that Claire met in the Outlander books.

http://outlander.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Raymond

I wish the blog entries were more specific.  They really don't tell you proportions of each FO.  I was thinking to dump all into one larger bottle but that devil-may-care may cost me some FOs.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 4:52 PM, ellajoan said:

Can anyone who's tried Essence of Jesus compare it to something for me?  I'd like to try it but would hate to have another overpowering or powdery masculine scent.  Anyone love or hate this one?

Hi @ellajoan the Essence of Jesus to my nose is definitely an earthy masculine scent.  Here are the scent notes: 

A woody myrrh fragrance adorned with a touch of lavender, clove leaf, and patchouli set upon a bed of sweet musk. Very earthy and masculine.  

I personally smell the myrrh, patchouli, and then musk.  With the sale a 1 oz. is only a buck I definitely think it's worth it to try.  👍🏼 Anyways, HTH

Actually I think Essence of Jesus would appeal to unisex who love the resins and deep, rich woods/earth .... but earth makes me think of dirt and this is so not dirt. 

22 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Did you get it yet ?

Yes. It's only an OOB review, but it's quite a smooth fragrance once you let the initial sharp note of the first whiff settle down a bit. A combination of warmth, beach (hints of sand and watered wood with an air of probably some faint grass. When I sniff it I think of a quiet beach front with wet sand/wood and grass dunes I guess is the picture that comes to mind ... but it has warm air feel and it's peacefully inviting. 

Edited by Scented
  • Thanks 2

On 7/21/2018 at 11:15 PM, Marleigha said:

Ahhh... peach pie filling is a tuall one that is on special right now @Scented  Does this smell like just a fresh peach or is it more of a peach with spices and pie crust?  Also is it strong in candles?  😇

Peach pie filling with spices. It's been a long time ago when I had it but no crust. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 6:57 PM, Sunday said:

does Rustic escentuals only post favorable reviews...? Looks like it's just one or two reviews per fragrance but all 5 stars....I'm sure this can't be right?

No. I think there have been less than 5* reviews on that site. There are a lot that simply aren't rated. 

7 hours ago, Testing123 said:

I am buying fragrances that I intend to use in my product line...should I be concerned about the impact that the FO shortage is having on Rustic fragrances?

Would it be wise from a business standpoint...thinking outloud

If you need fragrance, I’d buy during the sale, test quickly, then place my order of as much as I think I might need and a little more. Never hurts to give a call to their customer service to ensure your order will be pulled from the same lot, and/or get the word it has not been reformulated. 

When i I know I will rely on something, I buy several lbs at a time to ensure I won’t need to test, then re-test again soon after with other small follow up orders. 

Even long before the fragrance house fires retailers would reformulate to meet new IFRA restrictions, meet profit needs, etc. sometimes they would confess ahead of time, other times they would after receiving blowback from customers who figured it out when things went wrong. 

• Like 2