This Ol' House

Scented

I think once I use up all the stock on this I'll cry. It's not a favorite of mine, but it is for our customers. I don't know that anyone has one, and at some point, I should probably look. When I think of an old house I think of some of the old massive supports or tattered and faded wallpapers, so I have a method I use that I guess is called a crumble press, which allows for a mosaic, old/rustic look. It's unforgiving though and requires a lot of pressure to get the air out and sometimes holes and slight cracks happen. 

DSC01373.thumb.JPG.8819cbb90284cf2150bb16f730ffeaca.JPG

• Like 9

Those are beautiful!!!!

I love this old house and when they went OOB I stopped testing it because I knew I would scream when I ran out so I just didn't make anymore - I would be happy to send you the rest of the 16 ounces I have - I maybe used 3 -4 ounces 

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

I also have raspberry peach magnolia, honeysuckle and dried apple wreath 

I think we would love to wipe you out of all of them lol! So how much would you want? 

29 minutes ago, Belinda said:

FB has This Old House and to my nose it smells almost identical to the one from Tennessee. I don't care for it personally but I had a couple of customers that did.

Thanks for a future place to look for this. I think it smells far better in wax than OOB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scented said:

I think we would love to wipe you out of all of them lol! So how much would you want? 

Thanks for a future place to look for this. I think it smells far better in wax than OOB. 

How about one of those pillars 😂

Seriously I haven't a clue what I even paid for them so if you can use them pm your address and they are yours 

On 3/16/2018 at 10:21 AM, Jcandleattic said:

Absolutely stunning @Scented... I wish I had half your talent when it comes to pillars!! 

Yeah, Scented once tried to teach me to make gorgeous pillars like she does.  But I am hopeless.  LOL.  It wasn't the teacher - it was the dingbat pupil.  :D

On 3/15/2018 at 6:34 PM, Scented said:

I think once I use up all the stock on this I'll cry. It's not a favorite of mine, but it is for our customers. I don't know that anyone has one, and at some point, I should probably look. When I think of an old house I think of some of the old massive supports or tattered and faded wallpapers, so I have a method I use that I guess is called a crumble press, which allows for a mosaic, old/rustic look. It's unforgiving though and requires a lot of pressure to get the air out and sometimes holes and slight cracks happen. 

DSC01373.thumb.JPG.8819cbb90284cf2150bb16f730ffeaca.JPG

I'd think you WANT the little holes and slight cracks.  Makes it look more like an old house; adds interest and texture.  I absolutely LOVE this look!

9 hours ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

Yeah, Scented once tried to teach me to make gorgeous pillars like she does.  But I am hopeless.  LOL.  It wasn't the teacher - it was the dingbat pupil.  :D

LOL! Ummmm I can accept some of the holes and cracks but I don't believe you're hopeless in a million years.

Thanks all for you comments.

Aw shoot, I am down to my last few ounces of TN This Old House, and I, too, have a customer who loves this one and orders several jar candles in this fragrance at once.  She JUST ordered again, and I let her know there aren't many more to come.  LOL  

Isn't VA Candle Supply the one who carries some of the same oils TN used to carry?  I'm looking at the scent description there alongside the scent description on FB, and the scent descriptions look VERY different.  Anyone know if the VA one is the same as TN?

On 3/28/2018 at 10:44 AM, Crafty1_AJ said:

Isn't VA Candle Supply the one who carries some of the same oils TN used to carry?  I'm looking at the scent description there alongside the scent description on FB, and the scent descriptions look VERY different.  Anyone know if the VA one is the same as TN?

I don't think so with VA. They say try Fragrance Buddy. 

• Like 1

It's a headache to find dupes and it bites when suppliers go OOB. There once was a fragrance we had, a soaper only FO from a company that when I found them and learned to soap went OOB .... I wish I would have kept track of the fragrance names and at least a description because I miss that smell. No one picked up the company though and now it has been too long that my mind isn't sharp enough to remember much about them.