Reorganized my FO stash, wanna see?

GailC

On 2/2/2018 at 7:20 PM, GailC said:

I bet Belinda has me beat.  :)  At least in samples....she has about any FO anyone mentions.  Now I'm talking about you too @Belinda.  By the way I love your name Belinda.

I know I buy too many Fragrance Oils Suzanne, but what the hey, I can afford it and it's fun!  Other people spend lots of money on their hobbies....boats, golf, what have you.  At least that's how I rationalize my overabundance of FO's.  :)   I should add all my 1 and 2 oz samples to that list...or maybe not.  

No, I never sold you any oils...you get me and Goldie mixed up sometimes.  :)  

Now I really wish I could come down to your cabin and see you and your place.  You grow flowers!  I don't have a green thumb unfortunately.  

So do you get the Rice Flower and Shea FO only from Bittercreek?  I was going to place an order with them, but never did.  See, you've got me thinking about ordering yet another new fragrance.

The X's on my list are scents that I probably will not order again.  Some I can't because the company where I got them went out of business and some I didn't like well enough to want to order more.  I was trying to see how many FO's I could slash off that list.  :)  But the list keeps growing more than I am slashing.

Oh yes! WAY too many oils to even mention! LOL! Many duplicates too! *deadhorse*

That's funny that you say you like my name because I've always disliked it. I always wanted my name to be Donna or Pam or something like that! LOL! Thank you for the compliment. It makes me feel better about my name :)

• Like 2

On 2/3/2018 at 8:22 PM, katmeltswax said:

Beautiful primitive bread box !

I think it looks wonderful as it is .I used to be in the antique business and trust me ,this piece is worth alot more left untouched .It is Gorgeous !!!

Lol do you want to sell it ? Love this & great for your oils 😀

I am still going to try and get some of  my antique furniture pics posted for you . This week has been super busy for me . Lol a iphone is sounding better & better to me lately. My son just sold a 6s ,wish I would have bought it from him .

On 2/4/2018 at 8:54 PM, Marleigha said:

Thank you for sharing Gail!  I will definitely be getting the Canteloupe and Lily & now Bayside Marina.  Question about the. Remind Honey Apple.  I have soooo many apple scents... RE white chocolate Apple

type, CS mac Apple, CS Apple Harvest, CS, Apples and Maple Bourbon, NG Apple

Dumpling, RE Hot Apple Pie, RE Baked Apples, NG Apple Pumpkin Butter and I'm sure a few other Apple ones I'm not thinking of.  In your opinion is Vermont Honey Apple different than all of the ones I listed?  What is the main note in it?  I'm also looking for a really good butter pecan FO.  Have you tried any monkey bread FO's?  If so, is it similar to cinnamon buns?  How about Zucchini Bread?  Do you have a favorite ZB?  

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you.  I finally remembered to sniff the Vermont Honey Apple.  It is definitely a different apple scent.  Not a bakery/pie smell.  Not like a straight apple.  I use Apple Orchard from NG for a plain fresh apple fragrance.  I am no good at describing FO's.  You can smell apple of course, but it's a complex scent. "Sweet apple, Anjou pear and ripe nectarine paired with honey butter, vanilla sugar, coconut milk and soft musk."

I have never bought any Monkey Bread FO's or Zucchini.  I used to have Splendid Butter Pecan from Millcreek and it was pretty good.  

• Thanks 1

I'm also reorganizing, and I found some of the boxes like TallTayl posted above at Walmart now for $5.88 each.  These are Sterlite brand, and I grabbed three as a start on neatening some of my bottles.  The only thing that worries me is if I stack one of these on top of another, the one on bottom might crack because you all know how heavy these FOs can get.  Especially when they're in glass bottles.  Maybe I can fill the one on bottom all the way to the top edge to the point that the bottles themselves then help with the weight?  Dunno, that might not work out.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-File-Box-Black/19400063?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=916&adid=22222222227015428962&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=89401638857&wl4=aud-310687322322:pla-98927896617&wl5=9060135&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=19400063&wl13=916&veh=sem

How do y'all stand storing these in your kitchens???  I can't even take a cup of coffee into the storage room where I have my FOs.  The scent is strong enough to affect taste buds.

Edited by Darbla
typo

3 hours ago, Darbla said:

How do y'all stand storing these in your kitchens???  I can't even take a cup of coffee into the storage room where I have my FOs.  The scent is strong enough to affect taste buds.

Hmm. I don't smell my bottled FO's in my kitchen.  My cabinets have doors, but I still don't smell much even when I open the cabinet doors.  Maybe I've just built up a tolerance to the smell? :)

• Like 1

We are all noseblind to the scents in our house.

Everyone who walks in is hit with huge fragrance in the air. People comment that my clothes, dogs and even money smell scented. 

Honestly is scares me. What are my liver and lungs going through? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 2/3/2018 at 10:28 AM, GailC said:

I don't like the name Bite Me and have never ordered that FO.  

I still need another name for Nature's Garden's  Butt Naked.  Someone suggested Summer Picnic, which is nice, but I want something for all seasons.  I will probably go with a name having to do with the tropics.  Exotic Breezes....hmmmm.  Maybe.

I called mine Garden of Eden

11 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Everyone who walks in is hit with huge fragrance in the air. People comment that my clothes, dogs and even money smell scented. 

Yeah that.  I've kept my FOs in a spare bedroom out of the main traffic area, yet every time I walk past that door I smell them and I don't even have as many as some of you guys do.  Like I said, I can't even stand drinking a cup of coffee in there.  That hallway outside that bedroom smells absolutely wonderful, mind you, but that's still not what my kitchen needs to smell like.  And I have parrots, who have a more sensitive respiratory system than most pets, so I keep the FOs far from them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I have thought about the same thing for a long time. I keep meaning to get a cabinet with doors to store my oils in. At least that would help some. Right now they are stored on open shelves in open boxes. Maybe the answer is simply see through storage boxes as I really can't afford a new cabinet with doors.

• Like 1

I'm getting a few of those boxes I posted earlier (thanks to TallTayl for the original idea).  They are opaque but not completely see-through, but I can slap a label on the outside.  I have all my samples in some small drawers organized by supplier name, and anything larger that doesn't fit in the small drawers is going in these boxes.  These first three I'm labeling "Autumn", "Christmas/Winter", and "Clean" (lavender and other similar scents).  I'll add more if needed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GailC said:

Oh I like that.  

Yes I agree "Garden of Eden",love this name .Maybe I could call one of my scents Eden's Garden lol. I just turn it around , definitely love the name .I recently received a oil from CMS called Zen Garden ,have to get it into the wax ,I would love to call it Eden's Garden instead.